Aspire Predator: The Gaming PC from Acer
Unique case design for extreme gaming
Generous Storage - 4TB capacity hard drive and 8GB RAM
Two-way enabled NVIDIA SLI®
Minimum risk overclocking capabilities
Sydney, Australia 20 August, 2008 - Acer Computer Australia has launched the Aspire Predator, a new range of desktop computers specifically for PC gaming enthusiasts. The new line is specifically designed for extreme gaming users, who are predominantly the early adopters of cutting edge technology.
The Aspire Predator G7700 features a metallic copper coloured case design with a solid exterior and mechanical front cover to conceal the high specification components below. Lifting the lid transforms the gaming rig into a fierce PC, complete with blue LEDs and claw-like ODD doors.
The Aspire Predator incorporates the highly overclockable Intel® Core2 Extreme quad-core processor with 1333MHz FSB. The nTune overclocking utility offers simple control over the traditional complex process of overclocking the CPU, RAM and graphic cards without the constant need to reboot after adjustments.
The rig offers two-way enabling NVIDIA SLI®. It allows gaming visuals to be pushed over the top by combining the power of two independent NVIDIA GPUs via SLI technology. Delivering inspiring high performance graphics are 1.5GB of dedicated GDDR3 VRAM and two of the most advanced GPU's running simultaneously.
The new Aspire Predator gaming PC is a powerful unit featuring up to 8GB of DDR2 800/1066 MHz SDRAM with dual-channel support on four DIMMs. The system can be configured through easy access to the Hard Disks via a special door on the front of the chassis. The standard Acer Hotswap Hard Drive solution makes the four SATA hard disks removable even when the PC is turned on and in use .
The new range of PCs feature an advanced liquid cooling system that maintains cool system performance amidst the most intense gaming. This state of the art cooling system is made to last for continuous operation without fear of pump failure or coolant evaporation.
"The Aspire Predator holds a unique distribution strategy. The product can be ordered and configured online and therefore customised to specific gaming needs as well as units being available through specialised valued channel partners," says Aaron Jambrovic, Product Specialist for Consumer Desktop, Acer Oceanic Region.
Other features include Dual Gigabit LAN technology which permits blazing file transfers and optimises system performance, and its teaming mode permits two connections to work at the same time for network redundancy.
The Aspire Predator desktops come with essential accessories such as a Logitech® multimedia gaming keyboard and a gaming mouse. Creative® Sound Blaster® X-Fi Titanium audio enhancement provides a 15% boost in sound effects processing over leading onboard sound technologies.
The Aspire Predator will be sold through Acer's authorised distributor Synnex Australia Pty Ltd nationally from $4,500 (RRP inc GST).
View video: Release the predatory instinct
Visit website: Acer Aspire Predator - Extreme Gaming
About Acer Computer Australia
Established in 1990, Acer Computer Australia (ACA) has 492 employees and has grown to become Australia's number three PC vendor and fastest growing IT brand.
Globally, Acer now ranks as the number two notebook vendor and number three PC vendor worldwide *. With 58% year on year growth in PC and 69% in notebook respectively, Acer has shown the strongest expansion in the market. Acer now holds 15% of notebook market share worldwide.
Our excellence in supply chain management, working with strong channel partners and offering a flexible range of IT solutions are core to why Acer is one of the easiest vendors to do business with.
Acer Computer Australia has a number of local initiatives to provide first level support to our customers. This includes a national call centre using a toll free number, and Acer wholly owned repair centres located in all major metropolitan cities in Australia and New Zealand.
Established in 1976, Acer Inc. employs 5,600 people supporting dealers and distributors in more than 100 countries. Revenue in 2007 (Q1-3 consolidated) reached US$9.6 billion. Please visit http://www.acer.com
Acer and the Acer logo are registered trademarks. Other product/brand names are trademarks and registered trademarks of their respective companies.
* Gartner research preliminary reports (Q307) for Q3 in 2007
Latest News Posts
- Hollywood to rent movies, 2 weeks after they hit cinemas
- Join the 'Suicide Squad' in our Blu-ray giveaway
- Netflix will double original show content in 2017
- Nashville moves to dismiss Comcast anti-Fiber lawsuit
- Amazon Go: Grocery shopping with no cash, no lines
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand