Android Mobile Application Developers Can Now Build VoIP-Enabled Clients Simply with HD Voice (VoIP) from GIPS
Nimbuzz, Mobile Social Messenger with over One Million New Subscribers Each Month, will be First to Offer HD Voice on Android Using GIPS VoiceEngine Mobile
San Francisco - November 16, 2009 - Global IP Solutions (Oslo Børs: GIPS), the leading provider of IP multimedia processing solutions, today announced it is enabling Android mobile application developers to build first-rate VoIP-enabled clients with GIPS VoiceEngine Mobile. Nimbuzz, the popular free mobile social messaging application, will be the first customer to offer HD voice (VoIP) on Android phones.
"GIPS VoiceEngine allows Android developers to build VoIP-enabled applications that offer HD voice, while tackling all the typical IP network issues - such as delay, jitter, packet loss, bandwidth constraints, noise and echo," said Roar Hagen, GIPS' Chief Technology Officer. "Today, mobile users desire a smartphone that offers a unique experience, which includes the ability to have great quality communication. With GIPS engineering expertise, developers can quickly and effectively build their applications enabling them to concentrate on their core business."
Hagen added, "We're thrilled that Nimbuzz will be GIPS' first customer to deploy their application on Android mobile phones. Nimbuzz continues to offer their users a distinctive unified social messaging application that connects popular social and instant messenger networks into one simple, user-friendly offering."
Evert-Jaap Lugt, CEO of Nimbuzz said, "Nimbuzz is delighted to offer free mobile VoIP calls to Android users. VoIP is fast becoming established as a mainstream standard for voice calling and will represent a major part of the mobile eco system of the future. With the addition of high-quality HD Voice to our free IM and chat functions, thousands of new and existing Nimbuzz users on Android will now be able to enjoy a complete communications and messaging service in one."
With nearly 3 billion users worldwide, the mobile phone has become the most personal and ubiquitous communications device. Research firm Gartner has predicted that Android will become the second most popular smartphone by 2012 with 14.5 percent market share and iPhone with 13.7 percent market share.
About Global IP Solutions
Global IP Solutions (Oslo Børs: GIPS) provides best-in-class voice and video processing in IP communications. GIPS enables its customers to deliver unmatched quality, with a faster time-to-market and with less risk than alternative solutions. GIPS serves application developers, wired and wireless service providers and network and telecommunications equipment vendors. Its customer list includes CommuniGate, fg microtec, Nimbuzz, Nortel, KT Networks, Oracle, PCCW, Samsung, WebEx, Yahoo!, AOL and other key players in the voice and video over IP markets. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Stockholm, Boston and Hong Kong. For more information, visit http://www.gipscorp.com.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- The Last of Us 2 is Ellie's harrowing story of hate
- Zotac's $1999 VR Go backpack: GTX 1070, Intel i7 6700T
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset