Android Mobile Application Developers Can Now Build VoIP-Enabled Clients Simply with HD Voice (VoIP) from GIPS
Nimbuzz, Mobile Social Messenger with over One Million New Subscribers Each Month, will be First to Offer HD Voice on Android Using GIPS VoiceEngine Mobile
San Francisco - November 16, 2009 - Global IP Solutions (Oslo Børs: GIPS), the leading provider of IP multimedia processing solutions, today announced it is enabling Android mobile application developers to build first-rate VoIP-enabled clients with GIPS VoiceEngine Mobile. Nimbuzz, the popular free mobile social messaging application, will be the first customer to offer HD voice (VoIP) on Android phones.
"GIPS VoiceEngine allows Android developers to build VoIP-enabled applications that offer HD voice, while tackling all the typical IP network issues - such as delay, jitter, packet loss, bandwidth constraints, noise and echo," said Roar Hagen, GIPS' Chief Technology Officer. "Today, mobile users desire a smartphone that offers a unique experience, which includes the ability to have great quality communication. With GIPS engineering expertise, developers can quickly and effectively build their applications enabling them to concentrate on their core business."
Hagen added, "We're thrilled that Nimbuzz will be GIPS' first customer to deploy their application on Android mobile phones. Nimbuzz continues to offer their users a distinctive unified social messaging application that connects popular social and instant messenger networks into one simple, user-friendly offering."
Evert-Jaap Lugt, CEO of Nimbuzz said, "Nimbuzz is delighted to offer free mobile VoIP calls to Android users. VoIP is fast becoming established as a mainstream standard for voice calling and will represent a major part of the mobile eco system of the future. With the addition of high-quality HD Voice to our free IM and chat functions, thousands of new and existing Nimbuzz users on Android will now be able to enjoy a complete communications and messaging service in one."
With nearly 3 billion users worldwide, the mobile phone has become the most personal and ubiquitous communications device. Research firm Gartner has predicted that Android will become the second most popular smartphone by 2012 with 14.5 percent market share and iPhone with 13.7 percent market share.
About Global IP Solutions
Global IP Solutions (Oslo Børs: GIPS) provides best-in-class voice and video processing in IP communications. GIPS enables its customers to deliver unmatched quality, with a faster time-to-market and with less risk than alternative solutions. GIPS serves application developers, wired and wireless service providers and network and telecommunications equipment vendors. Its customer list includes CommuniGate, fg microtec, Nimbuzz, Nortel, KT Networks, Oracle, PCCW, Samsung, WebEx, Yahoo!, AOL and other key players in the voice and video over IP markets. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Stockholm, Boston and Hong Kong. For more information, visit http://www.gipscorp.com.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- Watch Dogs 2's new patch is better on RAM, and more
- Galaxy S8 rumored to cost $849, launches on March 29
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99