Synology® Updates the Synology DSM 2.2 Firmware, Squeezebox Server Package, and the Mac Version of Synology Assistant for Synology Disk Stations
Taipei, Taiwan-November 16, 2009-Synology® Inc. today released Synology DSM 2.2 version 2.2-0959, Squeezebox Server (formerly SqueezeCenter) package version 7.4.1, and Synology Assistant version 2.2-1063, which improves functionality and features available on the Synology Disk Station.
Synology DSM 2.2-0959 mainly features support for the new Synology Visual Station VS60 which enables users to live view on a TV set or LCD monitor of IP cameras managed with a Synology Disk Station, eliminating the need for a PC server. Events are available to view in Sync Playback mode, after installing Synology DSM 2.2-0959 on the Synology Disk Station.
Logitech® Squeezebox Server provides access to the music library through Logitech Squeezebox and Transporter® WiFi music players. Users can simply install Squeezebox Server package version 7.4.1 to run with the corresponding Squeezebox Server software on the Synology Disk Station.
The new Synology Assistant 2.2-1063 is now available which enhances the searching capability of the Synology Disk Station on Mac computers.
Free download of Squeezebox packages specific to the Synology Disk Station model are available. Please go to:
Synology at a Glance
Founded in 2000, Synology is a young and energetic company dedicated to developing high-performance, reliable, versatile, and environmentally-friendly Network Attached Storage (NAS) products. Our goal is to deliver user-friendly solutions and solid customer service to satisfy the needs of businesses, home offices, individual users and families.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's Radeon RX 480 drawing too much power over the PCIe slot
- Diablo 4 is almost assuredly in the works
- Google's US-Japan 'FASTER Cable System' online, with 60Tbps bandwidth
- GeForce Experience beta features new interface, ShadowPlay upgrades
- Huddy: FreeSync on its way to all kinds of TVs
- asrock pro3 issues
- Techman XC100E5C 1.6TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD Review
- Insight Needed for RAM upgrade issue.
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card