Active Media Products Delivers 130MB/sec SATA Mini PCIe SSDs for Asus Eee PC Upgrades
New SaberTooth S4 SATA SSDs Available in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB Capacities at Special 20% Off Introductory Price for Limited Time
Fremont, California - November 9, 2009 - Active Media Products, manufacturer of SSDs and endangered species series USB drives, today released a new line of Windows® 7 compatible SaberTooth S4 SATA Mini PCIe SSDs that achieve sequential read speeds up to 130MB/sec. Available now in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities, these drives are guaranteed compatible with many models of Asus Eee PC including 900, 900A, 901 and 1000 models.
The company posted a detailed Benchmark Report on the SaberTooth S4 tested on an Eee PC 1000 under Windows XP here. The benchmark results show the S4 soaring to read speeds over 120MB/sec, nearly four times faster than the default SSD in the Eee PC 1000. "We optimized the SaberTooth S4 for exceptional read performance", explained Active Media Products Vice President of Sales, Jerry Thomson. "But it also runs circles around the default SSD in write speeds, scoring about 2X faster than the default SSD in write tests."
SaberTooth S4 SSDs have ECC, wear leveling and bad bit management features built in to provide lasting endurance with high performance and reliability over the lifetime of the drive. The S4 series have a mini PCI Express (Mini PCIe) connector with a SATA-II 3Gbps interface. SaberTooth S3 series SSDs, measuring 2.7 x 1.3 inches (70 x 32 mm), are available today through Amazon. The 16GB, 32GB and 64GB models will retail for about $59.95, $99.95 and $169.95 respectively, but will be offered at a 20% discount for a limited time as a launch promotion.
ABOUT ACTIVE MEDIA PRODUCTS
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC is dedicated to developing creative new media products that improve performance and enhance the user's experience. We envision unique new mobile storage devices that are vastly more interesting than traditional storage bricks, and we apply our product design and engineering talents to developing exciting new storage products. Our focus on innovative product development enables us to launch new ideas into the market a step ahead of the competition.
Latest News Posts
- Spectacles are finally available for online purchase
- Moto G5 and G5 Plus specs leak ahead of the launch
- HTC's new One X10 teased, a new budget 5.5-inch phone
- Nintendo Switch may use 4GB LPDDR4 1600MHz RAM
- 'Never Go Back' with our 'Jack Reacher' Blu-ray giveaway
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league