LaCie Announces Network Space 2 NAS and Media Server
LaCie today announced the LaCie Network Space 2, design by Neil Poulton - a leading-edge Network Attached Storage (NAS) and media server. The LaCie Network Space 2 combines the performance of a full-featured NAS solution, with a unique and customised way to manage the total experience.
LaCie Network Space 2 was designed to be as convenient and user-friendly as a classic USB external hard drive. With the advanced LaCie Network Assistant, you can be up and running in a few short steps. To help you manage your desired product preferences, the LaCie Network Assistant now offers new dashboard functionality. You can customise the dashboard with useful widgets to access network and drive information, administer user accounts and monitor drive capacity.
LaCie Network Space 2 makes it easy to stream photos, music and videos to computers on the local network or to any UPnP/DLNA compliant devices like PlayStation®3 or Xbox® 360. It includes iTunes server software so Mac and PCs can see and play content from the LaCie Network Space 2 directly through the iTunes interface. It also includes Download Machine that allows multiple torrent downloads, even when your computer is turned off.
High Performance and Versatility
While the LaCie Network Space 2 can perform at speeds of up to 65MB/s** over the Ethernet connection, you may choose to leverage it as an external USB hard drive - connecting it directly to your computer for off-network file transfer and accessibility.
Additionally, there is a USB 2.0 host connection in the front of the device that allows you to connect a USB flash drive, external hard drive or digital camera, and import files automatically without the need of a computer.
The LaCie Network Space 2 includes a built-in power management widget, which lets you control both the light on your drive, as well as your drive's Eco Management; placing the drive into a low power setting at scheduled time intervals or when the product is inactive. Additionally, the LaCie Network Space 2 can be awakened through its Wake-on-LAN functionality, making it a powerful, efficient and eco-friendly media server for the home.
"The LaCie Network Space 2 is a state-of-the-art solution for customers wanting to share and store media files from anywhere in the house," said Patrick Salin, LaCie Digital Home Business Unit Manager. "LaCie's new dashboard functionality makes it simple for users to enjoy the features of network storage, and further shows our commitment to enhancing the experience of our customers."
Designed exclusively for LaCie by Neil Poulton, the compact LaCie Network Space 2 has a sleek, mirror-polished black finish with a blue LED strip on its underside that creates an ambient glow.
The LaCie Network Space 2 is available in 1 TB capacity late October for Europe and mid November worldwide, through the LaCie Online Store, LaCie Corner, LaCie Reseller+, and through authorised resellers and retailers, at the suggested retail price of £139 (Incl VAT)
Latest News Posts
- Last day for Windows 10 free upgrade is today
- Radeon 16.7.3 drivers improve Rise of the Tomb Raider performance
- Pay what you want for 180+ hours of game dev training
- New Prey game isn't a sequel or a reboot, it's a re-imagining
- PlayStation VR requires almost as much space as HTC Vive
- Linksys EA9500 MAX-STREAM AC5400 Wireless Router Review
- GA-X58A-UD7 Error Code 88 (or 8b something)
- Asus Stix X99
- Latest APP Center Gigabyte programs
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio