China Mobile and Futuremark Sign Benchmark Development Agreement
Futuremark to develop benchmarking software for China Mobile's use in smart phone Performance Measurement
HELSINKI, FINLAND - November 3rd, 2009 - Futuremark® Corporation, the world's leading developer of performance-analysis software and services for smart phones, handheld devices and PCs, announced today that China Mobile and Futuremark have entered into an agreement for the development of a new benchmarking software, which will enable the objective performance measurement of cell phones using China Mobile's smart phone operating system. This new Benchmark will be based on Futuremark's existing SPMark® product line of benchmarks and will include additional tests developed specifically for China Mobile by Futuremark.
"We have chosen to use Futuremark's Benchmark as our standard testing suite for handset qualification," said Mr. Yu Chuan, the Director of the Terminal Department, China Mobile Research Institute. "With Futuremark's Benchmark, China Mobile and our handset partners have the ideal tool for accurately and reliably measuring the performance of cell phones running the smart phone operating system."
"With China Mobile being the largest Mobile Operator in the world, even small increases in performance have a big impact," said Tero Sarkkinen, CEO of Futuremark. "By using the modern performance testing methods developed by Futuremark, China Mobile is showing its customers it is serious about delivering a world class cell phone experience."
The Benchmark will be available for licensing during the first quarter of 2010. Interested parties should contact Futuremark directly for quotations concerning pricing and delivery. For more information on Futuremark's other benchmark products and services for the mobile and embedded industries or Futuremark's Mobile Benchmark Development Program please visit http://www.futuremark.com/benchmarks/mobilebenchmarks/
About China Mobile Corporation
As the leading mobile telecommunication operator in China, China Mobile provides mobile voice and data services as well as other related services in all 31 provinces, autonomous regions and directly-administered municipalities in mainland China, in addition, it is one of the major mobile telecommunication operators in Hong Kong. As of March 31, 2009, the number of users reached approximately 477 million, ranking number one in the world.
About Futuremark Corporation
Futuremark® Corporation serves the mobile industry with professional application performance analysis tools and workloads. Our world renowned product portfolio includes 3DMark®Mobile for OpenGL ES 1.x and OpenGL ES 2.0, VGMark for OpenVG 1.x, and SPMark for Symbian, Windows Mobile, Linux and mobile Java. In addition, we license Kanzi, a 3D graphics UI engine to mobile, embedded and automotive device makers. Futuremark Oy is headquartered in Espoo, Finland and has offices in Shanghai and Silicon Valley.
Latest News Posts
- Opera receives $1.2 billion bid from Chinese consortium
- Filming on 'Star Wars Episode VIII' kicks off
- Analyst expects mobile app store revenue to hit $100 billion by 2020
- Unity announces SteamVR support, now works on the HTC Vive
- P.T. influenced game now coming to Xbox One and PS4, possibly VR
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance