China Mobile and Futuremark Sign Benchmark Development Agreement
Futuremark to develop benchmarking software for China Mobile's use in smart phone Performance Measurement
HELSINKI, FINLAND - November 3rd, 2009 - Futuremark® Corporation, the world's leading developer of performance-analysis software and services for smart phones, handheld devices and PCs, announced today that China Mobile and Futuremark have entered into an agreement for the development of a new benchmarking software, which will enable the objective performance measurement of cell phones using China Mobile's smart phone operating system. This new Benchmark will be based on Futuremark's existing SPMark® product line of benchmarks and will include additional tests developed specifically for China Mobile by Futuremark.
"We have chosen to use Futuremark's Benchmark as our standard testing suite for handset qualification," said Mr. Yu Chuan, the Director of the Terminal Department, China Mobile Research Institute. "With Futuremark's Benchmark, China Mobile and our handset partners have the ideal tool for accurately and reliably measuring the performance of cell phones running the smart phone operating system."
"With China Mobile being the largest Mobile Operator in the world, even small increases in performance have a big impact," said Tero Sarkkinen, CEO of Futuremark. "By using the modern performance testing methods developed by Futuremark, China Mobile is showing its customers it is serious about delivering a world class cell phone experience."
The Benchmark will be available for licensing during the first quarter of 2010. Interested parties should contact Futuremark directly for quotations concerning pricing and delivery. For more information on Futuremark's other benchmark products and services for the mobile and embedded industries or Futuremark's Mobile Benchmark Development Program please visit http://www.futuremark.com/benchmarks/mobilebenchmarks/
About China Mobile Corporation
As the leading mobile telecommunication operator in China, China Mobile provides mobile voice and data services as well as other related services in all 31 provinces, autonomous regions and directly-administered municipalities in mainland China, in addition, it is one of the major mobile telecommunication operators in Hong Kong. As of March 31, 2009, the number of users reached approximately 477 million, ranking number one in the world.
About Futuremark Corporation
Futuremark® Corporation serves the mobile industry with professional application performance analysis tools and workloads. Our world renowned product portfolio includes 3DMark®Mobile for OpenGL ES 1.x and OpenGL ES 2.0, VGMark for OpenVG 1.x, and SPMark for Symbian, Windows Mobile, Linux and mobile Java. In addition, we license Kanzi, a 3D graphics UI engine to mobile, embedded and automotive device makers. Futuremark Oy is headquartered in Espoo, Finland and has offices in Shanghai and Silicon Valley.
Latest News Posts
- Valve kicks off its stealth-themed Steam sale, with 64 games on sale
- Blizzard will show more from 'Overwatch' on Thursday
- Region coding removed from UltraHD Blu-ray spec
- We've seen it all - there are now SSD water blocks
- Black Ops 3 campaign lets you fast-forward right to the end
- Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Fans are always at 100%
- ASRock Fatal1ty x99x killer not booting up
- H97M - Gaming 3 stuck at "Entering setup
- Cougar 550M Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Can't overclock i7-5775C
- Giada Brightens up GITEX 2015 with Ultimate Digital Signage Mini PCs and Server
- Shuttle Announces the XS35V5 and XS36V5 Small Form Factor Computers
- Lexar Also Announces Professional 3600x and 3500x CFast 2.0 Cards
- Lexar Introduces New Professional 2933x XQD 2.0 Card
- Lexar Also Announces the 128GB Variant of Professional 2000x SDXC UHS-II Card