|Ruiz to Step Down as GLOBALFOUNDRIES Chairman
Hector Ruiz, chairman of the GLOBALFOUNDRIES board of directors, will take a voluntary leave of absence effective immediately before resigning from the company in January, the company's board announced today. Dr. Ruiz had submitted his resignation in September with an effective date of January 4th, 2010.
He will be replaced by Alan E. "Lanny" Ross, who will serve as interim chairman, effective immediately, until a permanent chairman has been appointed by the board.
Ross, a current member of the GLOBALFOUNDRIES board, was previously president and CEO of Broadcom. He also served in high-level executive positions with Rockwell Automation, National Semiconductor, Fairchild Semiconductor and the Worldwide Semiconductor Manufacturing Corporation.
Established in March 2009, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is jointly owned by AMD and the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC). The members of the GLOBALFOUNDRIES board of directors are:
Hani Barhoush, Executive Director, Acquisitions, Mubadala Development Company
Maurizio La Noce, Executive Director, Mubadala Energy & Industry
Giuliano Meroni, Corporate Vice President, President EMEA, AMD
Bob Palmer, former CEO, Digital Equipment Corporation and AMD board member
Bob Rivet, Chief Operating and Administrative Officer, AMD
Lanny Ross, former Chief Executive Officer, Broadcom
Barry Waite, former Chief Executive Officer, Chartered Semiconductor
Katy Wells, Corporate Vice President, Staff Operations and Corporate Secretary, AMD
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen AM4 socket pictured on the ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Impact
- Tesla inks $9 billion deal to build a new factory in China
- Battlefield 1: experimenting with weapons in closed alpha test
- Blade Runner meets Fallout 4 in this amazing settlement creation
- Resident Evil 7 isn't a reboot, you play a powerless, ordinary person
- which has appears diagnosing to whom the people additionally energy y
- Owen stayed at true to her bit
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines