|Ruiz to Step Down as GLOBALFOUNDRIES Chairman
Hector Ruiz, chairman of the GLOBALFOUNDRIES board of directors, will take a voluntary leave of absence effective immediately before resigning from the company in January, the company's board announced today. Dr. Ruiz had submitted his resignation in September with an effective date of January 4th, 2010.
He will be replaced by Alan E. "Lanny" Ross, who will serve as interim chairman, effective immediately, until a permanent chairman has been appointed by the board.
Ross, a current member of the GLOBALFOUNDRIES board, was previously president and CEO of Broadcom. He also served in high-level executive positions with Rockwell Automation, National Semiconductor, Fairchild Semiconductor and the Worldwide Semiconductor Manufacturing Corporation.
Established in March 2009, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is jointly owned by AMD and the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC). The members of the GLOBALFOUNDRIES board of directors are:
Hani Barhoush, Executive Director, Acquisitions, Mubadala Development Company
Maurizio La Noce, Executive Director, Mubadala Energy & Industry
Giuliano Meroni, Corporate Vice President, President EMEA, AMD
Bob Palmer, former CEO, Digital Equipment Corporation and AMD board member
Bob Rivet, Chief Operating and Administrative Officer, AMD
Lanny Ross, former Chief Executive Officer, Broadcom
Barry Waite, former Chief Executive Officer, Chartered Semiconductor
Katy Wells, Corporate Vice President, Staff Operations and Corporate Secretary, AMD
Latest News Posts
- BMW, Apple to rekindle relationship, possible car development?
- Latest Apple rumor: company will announce new Apple TV in September
- MMA fighter Paul Daley enjoys using social media to interact with fans
- NVIDIA recalling Shield tablets because of possible fire hazard
- Developers felt the pressure while creating Star Wars Battlefront
- GA-Z77X-UD4H F3a Modified BIOS Possible Issue
- Buffalo MiniStation Extreme NFC 1TB External HDD Review
- P67A-UD4-B3 Windows 10
- On Z97 Anniversary: No networking devices supported by Windows 10?
- Addonics AD2U31PX2 USB 3.1 2-Port PCIe 2X Add-On Card Review
- Corsair Memory, PSUs, and CPU Coolers Pave the Way for Next Gen PC Processors
- Windows 10 Free Upgrade on GIGABYTE Laptops!
- Gamescom 2015 - Vertagear Racing Series at Caseking's Booth
- NVIDIA Recalls Select Shield Tablets over Fire Hazard
- Thermaltake Unveils the Core V51 Riing Edition Window Green PC Chassis