Shattered Horizon - Listen to the Soundtrack by Markus "Captain" Kaarlonen from Poets of the Fall in New Trailer
New trailer includes interview with composer and complete soundtrack
Helsinki, Finland - October 28th, 2009 - Futuremark® Games Studio today released a new trailer featuring the soundtrack from Shattered Horizon, their multiplayer first-person shooter for the PC. The soundtrack was composed by Markus "Captain" Kaarlonen from the band Poets of the Fall. The trailer also includes an interview with Markus.
"I was flattered to be asked to create the soundtrack for Shattered Horizon," said Markus Kaarlonen. "The game looks great, and that really inspired me and helped turn the visuals into music." "Markus' music rightly received a lot of praise from our beta testers," said Jukka Mäkinen, Head of Futuremark Games Studio. "Now all gamers can hear his amazing soundtrack and find out more about the man behind it by watching our new trailer."
About Poets of the Fall
Poets of the Fall are an independent rock band from Helsinki, Finland. Their song Late Goodbye marked the beginning of the band's popularity after being featured in Max Payne 2. Their second single, Lift, featured in the computer benchmarking program 3DMark 05 from Futuremark. The band has won several awards including "Best Finnish Act" at the 2006 MTV Europe Music Awards. The band's fourth, as yet-untitled album will be released in Spring 2010.
About Shattered Horizon
Shattered Horizon is the highly anticipated first game from Futuremark Games Studio that immerses you in the cold reality of combat in space like no other game before. This multiplayer first-person shooter is played entirely in zero gravity. Use your rocket pack to fly freely through space and then land on any surface. Engage enemies in furious firefights, or ambush them from unexpected angles. Join your friends in action-packed 32 player battles fighting to control hollowed-out asteroids, huge fragments of Moon rock and the ruined remains of the International Space Station.
Shattered Horizon will be supported after launch with new levels and features being added to the game through downloadable content packs. These expansions will be free to all players.
Coming November 4, 2009 exclusively for the PC at the suggested retail price of 19.95 / $19.95 / £14.95
Shattered Horizon requires DirectX 10 on Windows Vista or Windows 7. There is no support for Windows XP or DirectX 9.
Pre-order now and save 10 percent. Players who pre-order will also be invited to help test new levels before they are made public: http://www.shatteredhorizon.com/buynow
Latest News Posts
- HTC brings 30 companies together for VR, has $10 billion to spend
- Nintendo is officially researching VR
- Nintendo focusing on 'greatness of games' over hardware performance
- 'Tetris' movie becomes a trilogy, we don't know why
- Twitter hires ex-Apple UI designer to lead its VR and AR division
- USB speed differences between various motherboards and BIOSses
- Need help with pre-built/used GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 System
- AsRock Z87 extreme 6
- GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Deleted driver software
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card
- MSI readies B150M Mortar Arctic & B150M Bazooka Plus motherboards
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities