Shattered Horizon - Listen to the Soundtrack by Markus "Captain" Kaarlonen from Poets of the Fall in New Trailer
New trailer includes interview with composer and complete soundtrack
Helsinki, Finland - October 28th, 2009 - Futuremark® Games Studio today released a new trailer featuring the soundtrack from Shattered Horizon, their multiplayer first-person shooter for the PC. The soundtrack was composed by Markus "Captain" Kaarlonen from the band Poets of the Fall. The trailer also includes an interview with Markus.
"I was flattered to be asked to create the soundtrack for Shattered Horizon," said Markus Kaarlonen. "The game looks great, and that really inspired me and helped turn the visuals into music." "Markus' music rightly received a lot of praise from our beta testers," said Jukka Mäkinen, Head of Futuremark Games Studio. "Now all gamers can hear his amazing soundtrack and find out more about the man behind it by watching our new trailer."
About Poets of the Fall
Poets of the Fall are an independent rock band from Helsinki, Finland. Their song Late Goodbye marked the beginning of the band's popularity after being featured in Max Payne 2. Their second single, Lift, featured in the computer benchmarking program 3DMark 05 from Futuremark. The band has won several awards including "Best Finnish Act" at the 2006 MTV Europe Music Awards. The band's fourth, as yet-untitled album will be released in Spring 2010.
About Shattered Horizon
Shattered Horizon is the highly anticipated first game from Futuremark Games Studio that immerses you in the cold reality of combat in space like no other game before. This multiplayer first-person shooter is played entirely in zero gravity. Use your rocket pack to fly freely through space and then land on any surface. Engage enemies in furious firefights, or ambush them from unexpected angles. Join your friends in action-packed 32 player battles fighting to control hollowed-out asteroids, huge fragments of Moon rock and the ruined remains of the International Space Station.
Shattered Horizon will be supported after launch with new levels and features being added to the game through downloadable content packs. These expansions will be free to all players.
Coming November 4, 2009 exclusively for the PC at the suggested retail price of 19.95 / $19.95 / £14.95
Shattered Horizon requires DirectX 10 on Windows Vista or Windows 7. There is no support for Windows XP or DirectX 9.
Pre-order now and save 10 percent. Players who pre-order will also be invited to help test new levels before they are made public: http://www.shatteredhorizon.com/buynow
Latest News Posts
- Rocket League adds cross-play between Xbox One, PC
- AT&T begins enforcing broadband caps, offers $30 waiver option
- Revolutionize your drive with the Automatic Connected Car Adapter
- DOTA 2 now second game to support Vulkan
- Nintendo's next-gen handheld called 'MH', will co-exist with NX?
- Error on GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, config HDD RAID w/M.2 boot drive
- OCZ RevoDrive 400 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- fatal1ty z170 gaming-itx/ac no display after resume
- H61M-DS2 Memory Problem
- A Case Idea
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition
- G.SKILL hosts OC World Record Stage and OC World Cup at Computex 2016, sponsored by Intel, Samsung, and NVIDIA
- Logitech announces Ultimate Ears Roll 2 speakers
- EK Waterblocks GeForce GTX 1080 block now available
- Crucial announces Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 SODIMMs