Noctua introduces NF-P14 140mm premium fan
Vienna, October 28th 2009 - Expanding its line-up of premium quality quiet fans, Noctua today introduced its first 140mm model. Following in the footsteps of the successful NF-P12, the new NF-P14 FLX employs a nine blade impeller with Vortex-Control Notches in order to achieve superb quietness and outstanding aerodynamic efficiency. Other features include metal reinforcements for ultimate manufacturing precision as well as Noctua's premium grade SSO-Bearing and SCD2 technology.
"As more and more cases and coolers support 140mm fans, we've been receiving an increased amount of customer requests for a premium grade quiet fan in this size", explains Mag. Roland Mossig, Noctua CEO. "After more than 18 months of development and optimisation, we're proud to respond to this demand with the new NF-P14 FLX. Supporting both 120mm and 140mm mounting, the NF-P14 FLX will not only satisfy those looking for a reference class 140mm fan but also forms an ideal upgrade for 120mm case and CPU fans."
Due to its round frame with the same hole-spacing as common 120mm fans and producing more airflow due to its larger diameter, the NF-P14 FLX is ideal for upgrading 120mm CPU or case fans. At the same time, the NF-P14 FLX also fits common 140mm mounting holes using the supplied adaptors.
Thanks to its psycho-acoustically optimised nine blade impeller with staggered Vortex-Control Notches, the NF-P14 FLX combines superb quietness with exceptional airflow and static pressure. Like the FLX version of the NF-S12B, the NF-P14 FLX includes both a Low-Noise and Ultra-Low-Noise Adapter that provide 1200, 900 and 750rpm speed settings in order to fine tune the fan for superior airflow or maximum quietness.
In order to guarantee the highest possible degree of manufacturing precision, the NF-P14 employs high precision CNC milled brass parts to reinforce the motor hub as well as a bearing shell made entirely from brass. The latest version of Noctua's advanced SCD drive system ensures superb running smoothness by eliminating torque variations and switching noises. Like all Noctua fans, the NF-P14 comes with Noctua's premium grade SSO-Bearing that has become synonymous with supremely quiet operation and an exceptional long-term stability that's backed up by a 6 years manufacturer's warranty.
Price and availability:
The NF-P14 FLX will be available in stores by mid-November at a recommended retail price of EUR 21.90 / USD 24.90.
Designed in Austria, Noctua's premium cooling components are internationally renowned for their superb quietness, exceptional performance and thoroughgoing quality. Having received more than 1000 awards and recommendations from leading hardware websites and magazines, Noctua's fans and heatsinks are chosen by more than a hundred thousand satisfied customers around the globe.
Latest News Posts
- Metal Gear Solid games have sold over 49 million copies worldwide
- Avengers: Infinity War will be one movie, instead of a two-parter
- Samsung's Q2 2016 profits are the largest in over two years
- New details emerge on Samsung Galaxy Note 7, new Gear VR headset
- Quake is being remade in Unreal Engine 4, and it could be awesome
- Boot from PCIe SSD GA-X58A-UD3R?
- Gigabyte U1N !!GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 UEFI BIOS posted to Gigabyte site
- Switchmate Bluetooth Smart Light Switch Review
- Can't use Google maps
- Main GA Z97X UD5H BK cannot boot with VGA R9 280X
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio