Dell and Windows 7 - The Wait Is Over
Dell systems with Windows 7 deliver fast, easy and intuitive computing Full line of Dell consumer and commercial laptops and desktops ready for Windows 7 Dell's deployment services can reduce migration time and cost
Round Rock, Texas
Dell today is delivering beauty, form and function from a 10-inch Inspiron Mini 10 netbook to the ultra-powerful Dell Precision T7500 workstation powered by Windows 7. The company said that initially more than 80 models are available with the new operating system.
Dell and Windows 7: Fast, Easy and Intuitive
Dell worked closely with Microsoft Corp. during the development of Windows 7 and both companies are committed to delivering a great customer experience and superior long term value. Countless hours of testing and close collaboration with software providers contributed to the outstanding performance, increased productivity and efficiency security and usability of Windows 7. Some of the features include:
- Faster boot times, easy navigation, advanced search and intuitive networking are all key reasons Dell sees Windows 7 as a real win for its customers, particularly for laptop users, rapidly becoming the preferred computer platform.
- Pristine, icon-free Help reduce clutter on the desktop with easy shortcuts via "Jump Lists" and "Pinned Applications" while the Dell Dock on consumer systems provides an intuitive user interface, expanding access to files.
- Connect Windows 7 PCs easily using HomeGroup with simple file and printer sharing within home or small business networks.
- Enhanced security for businesses with the ability to encrypt USB drives that are attached to a system and limit the applications that can be installed.
- Fast and easy access to business data without the use of virtual private network software.
Windows 7 Juices Dell Consumer PC Experience
Dell's extensive portfolio of consumer laptops, desktops and netbooks, powered by Windows 7 are designed to simplify the overall computing experience. Popular activities such as surfing the internet, managing busy household schedules, sharing pictures, creating family videos and playing computer games all became easier and much more fun using Windows 7 on a Dell PC. Depending on their specific needs, customers can configure most Inspiron, Studio, Adamo and Alienware systems with Windows 7 Premium, Professional or Ultimate.
Dell is also pre-installing Windows Live Essentials on all Windows 7 consumer PCs making it easier than ever to chat and/or blog with friends, quickly share amazing photos, create stunning video clips and search the internet for relevant tips and facts for any lifestyle.
Several Dell consumer laptops, desktops and netbooks can take advantage of the great benefits of Windows 7, like multi-touch support, easy-access entertainment and exceptional gaming performance.
- Studio One 19 - Dell's first all-in-one PC with optional multi-touch screen technology, the Studio One 19 is a sleek, stylish family command center that fits anywhere in the home. Combining Windows 7 with Dell TouchZone software, family members can use touch to organize the family calendar, sort a music playlist, edit photos, scroll through videos or even flick images to Flickr.
- Studio XPS 16 / 13- Blending elegance and performance, the Studio XPS 16 and Studio XPS 13 with Windows 7 and Media Center can deliver a multimedia experience second to none. Whether it's watching movies, listening to music, or editing digital video and photos, the Studio XPS laptops deliver an immersive entertainment experience with high definition edge-to edge displays and premium audio. Entertainment enthusiasts can use their Studio XPS laptops and Remote Media Streaming in Windows 7 to stream media content (music, pictures and video) from their home PC to another internet-connected laptop or other Windows 7 device in another location.
- Alienware Area-51 - With a nearly 10 percent increase(1) in select in-game benchmarks, nearly 20 percent quicker boot times(1) and full support for DirectX 11, the Alienware Area 51 desktop configured with Windows 7 delivers the performance-enhancing, opponent-crushing gaming experience Alienware users expect and demand.
Commercial Laptops and Desktops Windows 7-Ready
Dell's lineup of Latitude laptops, OptiPlex desktops and Dell Precision workstations are available today with Windows 7 for medium and large businesses, as well as public sector organizations. The systems are designed for stability, manageability and security and the lineup also includes purpose-built solutions for specific usage models. Windows 7 enables a high level of end-user productivity, security and IT control. While Dell's entire portfolio of commercial laptops and desktops can take full advantage of Windows 7, a few recent products ideal for the new operating system include:
- Latitude XT2 - A convertible 12.1-inch tablet with multi-touch gesture support, the Dell Latitude XT2 utilizes the native touch-screen support found in Windows 7 to offer a new PC experience. The XT2 enables natural gestures like a pinch or tap for scrolling, panning, rotating, zooming and more.
- Latitude Z - The world's thinnest, lightest 16-inch laptop, the Latitude Z features intuitive touch controls. Dell's EdgeTouch LCD sensor, which sits conveniently on the side of the screen, allows users to command their workspace without pressing a single key. Customers can scroll through Web sites and interact with frequently used applications or use a large, gesture-enabled touchpad to zoom, rotate and surf through work.
Dell is already working with ISV partners to certify its Dell Precision workstations, designed for professionals in bioscience, engineering, entertainment, exploration and economic modeling, on leading applications. PTC's Wildfire Pro and CNC Master Cam are two applications that will support Windows 7 starting today and are certified to run on select Dell Precision workstations.
Dell recently unveiled a new series of Windows 7 consulting, management and support services designed to help organizations better prepare their migration plans to the new operating system. The consulting and services offer businesses of any size an efficient path to Windows 7 without long-term, people-intensive engagements to help them save money and time.
Helping Small Businesses Focus on Their Business - Not Technology
Dell's comprehensive portfolio of Vostro laptops and desktops are designed to serve the distinctive needs of small and medium business, including easy-to-use and maintain computer systems, data storage, and quality service and support, all at a price small businesses can afford. Customers can choose whether they want Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Professional on their Vostro PCs, to help improve productivity, strengthen their data security and be compatible with their existing applications. Windows 7 allows small business customers to get more done, faster. Platforms that are ideal for Windows 7 include:
- Vostro 430 - This minitower desktop for growing businesses that want professional performance and productivity for their existing and future needs, combines the latest processor technology, discrete graphics and is optimized for Windows 7. The desktop also supports dual display and multi-touch technology making touch usage features in Windows 7 such as pinch to zoom and tap-and-drag scrolling possible (an optional touch screen monitor and webcam is required).
- Vostro 1220 - This ultraportable 12.1-inch laptop designed specifically for small business includes the features of a full-size laptop, such as mobility solid state drives, fingerprint readers and encrypted hard drives, in a small package. With up to 8GB of memory,(2) video conferencing and up to 9 hours of battery life,(3) with an optional six-cell battery, everyday tasks can be streamlined and simplified on the Vostro 1220 with Windows 7.
"With Windows 7, Dell will deliver a great experience for our laptop and desktop customers. The new operating system will help accelerate a whole new market for touch enabled PCs, dramatically improve laptop computing, and make gaming better than ever," said Alex Gruzen, senior vice president of Dell consumer products. "The unprecedented level of collaboration between Dell and Microsoft in recent years ensures Windows 7 performs smoothly across our entire product line. From Inspiron to Alienware, people will be delighted with their Dell systems designed with Windows 7."
"We're ready for Windows 7 and our customers are ready for Windows 7. From the Latitude 2100 education netbook to the Dell Precision T7500 ultra-powerful workstation, we have tested our line of commercial systems for thousands of hours on Windows 7 to ensure the best possible experience," said Steve Lalla, vice president and general manager of Dell's Commercial Client Product Group. "We are also delivering a portfolio of services to help business customers migrate as efficiently and pain-free as possible so they reap the benefits of significant enhancements like faster performance for better productivity, a higher level of security and advanced application compatibility."
"Dell believes in empowering small and medium businesses by providing them the resources and technology solutions that allow them to focus on their business" said Sam Burd, global vice president, Dell Small and Medium Business. "Windows 7 on Dell PCs will provide SMBs with speed, reliability, compatibility and connectivity, allowing them to work the way they want."
"The close collaboration between Dell and Microsoft on Windows 7 has resulted in an innovative new wave of Dell PCs and services," said Tami Reller, corporate vice president and chief financial officer of Windows and Windows Live at Microsoft. "Customers will benefit from a richer computing experience at work, at home and in between."
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services they need and value. For more information, visit http://www.dell.com.
Latest News Posts
- 'We're not really interested in mobile devices any more', says NVIDIA
- IN WIN modders have created some truly beautiful custom PCs
- IN WIN's Mod in Taiwan event kicks off, with the world's best modders
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- Problem entering bios on new build
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - Titan X Performance For Under $400
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream