Kingston Digital Extends SSD Family with Desktop Upgrade Solution
Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the release of the Kingston SSDNow V Series 40GB Accelerator Drive, the latest addition to its SSDNow V 'Value' family of solid-state drives (SSD). The Kingston SSDNow V Series 40 GB Accelerator Drive is one of the best and most cost-effective ways to accelerate any desktop's start up, shutdown and application load times.
"The SSDNow V Series 40GB Accelerator Drive offers instant performance enhancement and lower power consumption on existing systems at a fraction of the cost of a new system," said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston Digital. "In real-world numbers this means that by upgrading with an SSDNow 40GB drive, you can speed up open and close times of web browsers such as Internet Explorer or Firefox, and programs like iTunes or Photoshop by almost 4 times over existing regular desktops hard-disk drives*".
As part of Kingston's goal to provide an easy upgrade path for first-time users, the drive is also available as an all-in-one bundle kit that includes cloning software, 2.5" to 3.5" brackets and SATA data and power cable extenders. The included cloning software and step-by-step instructions make it simple to move the contents of one's existing hard-disk drive (HDD) to the SSDNow. Once cloned, the OS and applications reside on the SSDNow while the HDD serves as storage for data such as music, videos, files and photos.
The Kingston SSDNow V Series 40GB Accelerator Drive will begin shipping on November 9, 2009. It is backed by a three-year warranty, 24/7 tech support and legendary Kingston reliability.
Kingston SSDNow 40GB Accelerator Drive Features and Specifications:
Sequential Speed**: up to 170MB/sec. read
Sequential Speed**: up to 40MB/sec. write
Performance: enhances productivity; makes users more efficient
Innovative: 2.5" form factor; uses NAND Flash memory components
Silent: runs silent and cool with no moving parts
Reliable: less likely to fail than a standard hard drive
Shock Resistant: no moving parts; handles rougher conditions than a hard drive
Supports S.M.A.R.T.: Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology
Guaranteed: three-year Kingston warranty, 24/7 tech support
Storage temperatures: -40° C to 85° C
Operating temperatures: 0° C to 70° C
Vibration operating: 2.17G (7-800Hz)
Vibration non-operating: 20G (20-2000Hz)
Power specs: Active: 0.15W (TYP); Sleep: 0.06W
Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
* Using the industry-standard PCMark Vantage Advanced HDD Suite, the 40GB Accelerator Drive received a score of 13,883, whereas a 7200RPM hard-disk drive attained a score of 3,708. PCMark Vantage Advanced HDD Suite runs a series of tests such as Windows Vista startup, importing photos, adding music to Windows Media Center and application loading. The score is an indicator of how many bytes were moved per second. Test system: Intel DG45ID Desktop Motherboard; Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 Desktop Process @ 2.33 GHz; 4GB system memory; on-board SATA 3Gbps with ACHI enabled; Windows Vista SP2.
** Based on internal testing. Performance may vary based on system settings.
Latest News Posts
- Smart glass wearables could help transform the workplace
- Ford CEO Mark Fields wants autonomous cars for the masses
- Game writer discusses sexuality, political correctness in gaming
- Former CIA director says United States faces threat of cyberterrorism
- Periscope live streaming app is now available on Google Android
- DVD drive seen in Windows 8.1 but not in BIOS
- ID-Cooling SE 214X CPU Cooler Review
- Upgrade M8
- Team Group Vulcan DDR4-3000 16GB Quad-Channel Memory Kit Review
- YUMI USB Stick doesnt´t boot correctly on H81M-HDS
- Sharkoon Announces External USB 3.1 Hard Drive Case
- Razer Introduces the Firefly Gaming Mousepad with Customizable Lighting FX
- MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified
- EK Releases New Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 Water Block
- Tech Source Releases Condor 4000 3U VPX Graphics Card for GPGPU Applications