HTC Unveils Global Advertising Campaign and New 'Quietly Brilliant' Brand Positioning
YOU campaign brings new approach to mobile industry; represents HTC's focus on each customer
TAOYUAN, Taiwan - October 26, 2009 - HTC Corporation, a global smartphone designer, today unveiled a global advertising campaign that is based on HTC's new Quietly Brilliant brand positioning. As HTC's first global advertising campaign, the YOU campaign is being rolled out across 20 countries in the coming weeks and features the tagline, 'You don't need to get a phone. You need a phone that gets you.' This represents HTC's commitment to focus on people, their needs and how they work and live to ensure that HTC devices suit them.
"Quietly brilliant is doing great things in a humble way, with the belief that the best things in life can only be experienced, not explained," said John Wang, chief marketing officer, HTC Corporation. "The YOU campaign is the perfect embodiment of 'quietly brilliant' and is core to HTC as a company, innovator and partner."
The YOU campaign is focused on driving broad, global visibility and understanding of HTC's unique brand promise - that it's all about YOU, the consumer, and in fact not the device. HTC worked with Los Angeles-based advertising agency, Deutsch LA Inc. to create the YOU campaign that will employ an integrated-media approach to reach consumers via television, print, outdoor and online. HTC's design expertise will be echoed throughout the campaign, with commercial spots highlighting the unique functionality of HTC smartphones.
"We've come to have a very emotional relationship with our phones. Many of our key experiences in any given day come through this one device and yet most of the advertising in the category is still about utility," says Eric Hirshberg, co-CEO and chief creative officer, Deutsch LA. "HTC's whole design philosophy is very personal. They make phones where your experience is completely unique, so we think there is a connection between how people feel about their phones and how HTC makes them."
HTC worked with London-based creative consultancy, FigTree to create the quietly brilliant brand positioning. The 'quietly brilliant' positioning was inspired by HTC's culture of putting customers first, born from a heritage of creating breakthrough products and continued innovation. As part of HTC's culture, the "quietly brilliant" positioning will be rolled out in all forms of communication and brand touch points across the company.
"Some of life's most brilliant ideas started with a simple doodle on the back of a napkin," said Simon Myers, CEO of Figtree. "HTC's new look uses this visual language of doodles to explain all the quietly brilliant features and benefits of HTC devices in a simple and human way."
HTC Corporation (HTC) is one of the fastest growing companies in the mobile phone industry. By putting people at the center of everything it does, HTC creates innovative smartphones that better serve the lives and needs of individuals. The company is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange under ticker 2498. For more information about HTC, please visit http://www.htc.com.
Latest News Posts
- Project Cars 2 is rumored to already be in development
- Criminals receiving bitcoin ransom payments converting money fast
- LG's G4 should cost around $800, a little more than the Galaxy S6 edge
- Lenovo's new K80 smartphone features 4GB of RAM, 4000mAh battery
- Vin Diesel announces 'Fast & Furious 8' with an April 2017 release
- ASRock C226 WS graphics output resolution support
- Patriot FUEL iON Magnetic Charging Pad Review
- Motherboard GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
- SilverStone Fortress SST-FT05B-W Full-Tower Chassis Review
- Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 Error Code 10 and 15
- Acer Launches World's First Curved Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Endless possibilities...Introducing the Fractal Define S!
- BIOSTAR brings out the Small but Powerful Hi-Fi B85S1 Motherboard
- ASUS Announces that All its Z97 and X99 Motherboards Support NVMe
- AquaComputer Announces New Water-blocks for NVIDIA GTX Titan X