HighPoint Announces Availability of the Industry's First SATA 6Gb/s Host Adapter Based on PCI-Express 2.0 Technology in Nov 2009
HighPoint Technologies - an industry pioneer of innovative SATA and SAS RAID host adapter manufacturing, today unleashes the Rocket 600 series - the industry's first SATA 6Gb/s host adapter based on PCI-Express 2.0 technology. The Rocket 600 series delivers the next generation of SATA performance with robust SATA connectivity and will be available at the beginning of November 2009.
The Rocket 600 series brings a new level of cost effective pricing and will help drive mass adoption to the next generation of SATA 6Gb/s technology. They are fully industry standard AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface) compliant and deliver Out-of-Box Ready installation for the majority of operating systems. The Rocket 600 series are backward compatible to PCI-Express 1.0 technology and (SATA 3Gb/s & 1.5Gb/s) devices. They use the same cable and connectors as previous SATA generations to ease integration.
Pricing and Availability: The MSRP for the Rocket 620 Series is $69.99 and the Rocket 622 $79.99 and will be available at end of October 2009. All HighPoint RocketRAID products are available through channel distribution partners (Bell Micro, D and H, MaLabs and ASI).
HighPoint provides a full spectrum of SAS and SATA RAID HBA solutions for wide scale storage applications. We are long recognized as an innovator of RAID HBA technology. We have continuously developed innovative RAID technologies to satisfy the industry's ever-changing storage requirements.
HighPoint has a successful record of accomplishment of delivering products to fortune 500 companies and global storage providers. Today, HighPoint has regional sales offices and worldwide distribution networks to better serve customers locally. All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
Latest News Posts
- Wasteland 3 announced, features co-op play
- Pay any price for this 12-course Microsoft Office bundle
- Backward compatible games now up on Xbox One store
- Battlefield 1 has shifting anthology style campaign
- Valve asked to pull No Man's Sky bullshots off Steam
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now