Fujitsu Announces Comprehensive Windows 7-Ready Product Lineup
Fujitsu's LIFEBOOK tablet PCs provide fast and responsive multiple-touch screen with Windows 7 technology
Munich, October 22, 2009 -
Fujitsu today announces a comprehensive range of desktop, notebook and thin client product lines ready for Windows 7, Microsoft Corporation's new operating system. Fujitsu's new LIFEBOOK models in particular have an improved user experience due to the advances of Windows 7 and Windows Touch technology. In addition, Fujitsu makes it easy for companies to transition to Windows 7, offering a "TwinLoad" option for upgrades.
Fujitsu's LIFEBOOK T4310, LIFEBOOK T4410, and LIFEBOOK T5010 tablet PCs support Windows 7 multi-touch screen capabilities. The Dual-Digitizer technology in these devices enables intuitive data input by automatically recognizing if the user is working with Fujitsu's patented multifunctional pen or finger, and acts either as an active digitizer or touch screen. Windows Touch technology allows multi-touch, recognizing two touch points at the same time, for a fast and responsive user experience.
Fujitsu is extending its pioneering TwinLoad option with Windows 7. This enables customers to buy new hardware today, but defer making a final decision on when to upgrade to Windows 7 until after the new operating system has been in their corporate environment. TwinLoad enables users to upgrade and/or downgrade when they are ready, allowing both downgrades from Windows 7 to Windows XP, and subsequent upgrades to Windows 7. Fujitsu provides a TwinLoad DVD with complete software images (operating system, additional software and drivers) making installation run smoothly and automatically. This option is available for all mobile devices, and for some deskbound device options.
Rajat Kakar, Vice President Clients Group at Fujitsu Technology Solutions says: "The Windows 7 operating system is a great step forward for mobility and the user experience. As users and the workforce become more mobile, touch screen capabilities for tablet PCs gain importance. We feel that Windows 7 allows us to provide a responsive and accurate touch screen experience."
All Fujitsu PCs and notebooks purchased between June 26, 2009 and January 31, 2010 are eligible for the Windows 7 upgrade program. Users that buy new devices in this timeframe have the option to upgrade to Windows 7 license free.
Fujitsu will display Windows 7 ready line including the LIFEBOOK devices at Microsoft's Tech Ed Europe event taking place from November 9-13, 2009 in Berlin, Germany.
Fujitsu is a leading provider of IT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 175,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.6 trillion yen (US$47 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2009. For more information, please see: http://www.fujitsu.com/
Latest News Posts
- Google anticipates next billion smartphones sold in just six countries
- One year later, Sally Beauty suffers another data breach
- Innodisk shows off world's fastest Intel Atom server RAM
- Making sense of Taylor Swift's decision to pull music from Spotify
- Animal-inspired robots could be used to help explore space
- Thermalright True Spirit 140 BW Rev.A CPU Cooler Review
- 970 Extreme 4 - Load Line Calibration, Does not work properly.
- Q flesh Error Incorrect file size Motherboard B85M- D3H
- Mobo Software Question (SB X-Fi 7)
- Hounds Online: The Last Hope Released
- EUROCOM P7 Pro Mobile Workstation supports a full line of MXM 3.0b NVIDIA Quadro K5100M, K3100M and K1100M professional graphics and Intel Core i7-4700 Desktop Processor Series
- More Performance, Features, and Value: New AMD A-Series Desktop Processors Deliver Best-In-Class Experience for eSports and Online Gaming
- ADATA Teases its Computex 2015 Unveiling
- Logic Supply Previews its Upcoming ML600 Series Fanless PC
- Introducing the The NanoXia Project