Acer ranks second in the preliminary total worldwide PC market ranking
Worldwide computer shipments better than expected in the third quarter
2009-10-16 - Manno
It is a confirmation: Acer reached second spot in worldwide PC market ranking, according to preliminary worldwide PC Vendor Unit Shipment.data related to 3rd quarter 2009 released by analyst firm Gartner, Inc.
Worldwide PC shipments showed a growth of 0.5% in 3Q09 compared to 3Q08 after three consecutive quarters of year on year shipment decline thanks to consumer segment that continued to lead unit shipment growth.
In this scenario Acer shows a remarkable growth of 23,6% (3Q09 vs 3Q08).
Last week, Acer Inc. also announced that consolidated revenues for the third quarter of 2009 should reach NT$167B (US$5.19B), representing approximately, 40% growth on-quarter or 5% growth on-year.
Latest News Posts
- New Lego Worlds game release scheduled for February 2017
- Aquaman swims onto screens on October 5, 2018
- Crackdown 3 runs at 4K on Xbox Scorpio, arrives in 2017
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced for 2018
- GIVEAWAY: Corsair Limited RM1000i Special Edition PSU
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset