Acer ranks second in the preliminary total worldwide PC market ranking
Worldwide computer shipments better than expected in the third quarter
2009-10-16 - Manno
It is a confirmation: Acer reached second spot in worldwide PC market ranking, according to preliminary worldwide PC Vendor Unit Shipment.data related to 3rd quarter 2009 released by analyst firm Gartner, Inc.
Worldwide PC shipments showed a growth of 0.5% in 3Q09 compared to 3Q08 after three consecutive quarters of year on year shipment decline thanks to consumer segment that continued to lead unit shipment growth.
In this scenario Acer shows a remarkable growth of 23,6% (3Q09 vs 3Q08).
Last week, Acer Inc. also announced that consolidated revenues for the third quarter of 2009 should reach NT$167B (US$5.19B), representing approximately, 40% growth on-quarter or 5% growth on-year.
Latest News Posts
- Apple copies Samsung again, with exploding iPhone 7 Plus
- Microsoft admits PCs have 'eclipsed' consoles
- Civilization VI and Deluxe pre-order deals now available
- Spotify in 'advanced talks' to buy SoundCloud
- Hardware Deals: i5-6600K nears $200, GTX 1070 under $350
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now