Acer ranks second in the preliminary total worldwide PC market ranking
Worldwide computer shipments better than expected in the third quarter
2009-10-16 - Manno
It is a confirmation: Acer reached second spot in worldwide PC market ranking, according to preliminary worldwide PC Vendor Unit Shipment.data related to 3rd quarter 2009 released by analyst firm Gartner, Inc.
Worldwide PC shipments showed a growth of 0.5% in 3Q09 compared to 3Q08 after three consecutive quarters of year on year shipment decline thanks to consumer segment that continued to lead unit shipment growth.
In this scenario Acer shows a remarkable growth of 23,6% (3Q09 vs 3Q08).
Last week, Acer Inc. also announced that consolidated revenues for the third quarter of 2009 should reach NT$167B (US$5.19B), representing approximately, 40% growth on-quarter or 5% growth on-year.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE's new AIO features full-sized GPU slot
- Phanteks launches first-ever water block with Glacier G1080
- MSI's first Intel 200-series chipset motherboard is feature heavy
- Access over 1,200 business and IT courses with Career Academy
- GALAX shows off Hall of Fame 4000MHz DDR4 RAM
- GA-Z170X-GAMING 5 New build option questions
- Patriot Tab 128GB Micro USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- Problem entering bios on new build
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream