AMD Athlon II Processors Pair with AMD Desktop Platforms to Deliver Enhanced Value for Multi-Core and Low-Power PCs
AMD extends mainstream processor family, offers consumers an affordable experience fully optimized for Microsoft® Windows® 7 and the latest sleek desktop designs
SUNNYVALE, Calif. --10/20/2009
-AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced several new AMD Athlon II processors that offer outstanding performance and low power consumption, while enabling sleek desktop PC designs and attractive price points.
- In addition to the standard power processors, the full AMD Athlon II processor family now delivers high-performance, low-power dual-, triple- and quad-core processors to meet a range of computing needs. This variety and value enables OEMs and system builders to develop compelling PC solutions that address the market shift to power efficient, innovative PC designs optimized for Windows 7.1
- As PCs become increasingly affordable, many households are investing in second and third PCs to perform specific roles for individual family members. With the consumption of multimedia such as video and gaming - both online and offline
- continuing to rise, AMD's Mainstream Desktop Platforms enable a superior visual experience for consumers.
- AMD low power desktop solutions help leading OEMs such as Acer, Dell, HP and Lenovo design PCs with low energy consumption, reduced heat and noise, all in sleeker consumer devices.
- The AMD Athlon II processor family delivers a superior competitive value for mainstream consumers in productivity, HD video,2 slideshow, and 3D gaming tasks.
* The AMD Athlon II X2 240e processor performs up to 70 percent better in media and entertainment benchmarks3 and delivers a processor cost saving of over $404 when compared to the Intel Core 2 Duo E7400, and enables a range of unique All-in-One and small form factor chassis.
* With its additional cores, the AMD Athlon II X3 435 processor delivers processor cost savings of over $1005 while providing up to 75 percent better media and entertainment performance when compared to the Intel Core 2 Duo E8500.6
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Twitter will livestream free NHL, MLB games
- For just $69, you'll get 1000+ hours of coding instruction
- Gears of War 4 has unlocked frame rate on PC
- Kojima Productions' opening title sequence is weird, but awesome
- When 'Supergirl' flies to Blu-ray, you can win Season One on us!
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio