AMD AthlonÂ™ II Processors Pair with AMD Desktop Platforms to Deliver Enhanced Value for Multi-Core and Low-Power PCs
AMD extends mainstream processor family, offers consumers an affordable experience fully optimized for MicrosoftÂ® WindowsÂ® 7 and the latest sleek desktop designs
SUNNYVALE, Calif. --10/20/2009
-AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced several new AMD AthlonÂ™ II processors that offer outstanding performance and low power consumption, while enabling sleek desktop PC designs and attractive price points.
- In addition to the standard power processors, the full AMD Athlon II processor family now delivers high-performance, low-power dual-, triple- and quad-core processors to meet a range of computing needs. This variety and value enables OEMs and system builders to develop compelling PC solutions that address the market shift to power efficient, innovative PC designs optimized for Windows 7.1
- As PCs become increasingly affordable, many households are investing in second and third PCs to perform specific roles for individual family members. With the consumption of multimedia such as video and gaming - both online and offline
- continuing to rise, AMD's Mainstream Desktop Platforms enable a superior visual experience for consumers.
- AMD low power desktop solutions help leading OEMs such as Acer, Dell, HP and Lenovo design PCs with low energy consumption, reduced heat and noise, all in sleeker consumer devices.
- The AMD Athlon II processor family delivers a superior competitive value for mainstream consumers in productivity, HD video,2 slideshow, and 3D gaming tasks.
* The AMD AthlonÂ™ II X2 240e processor performs up to 70 percent better in media and entertainment benchmarks3 and delivers a processor cost saving of over $404 when compared to the Intel Core 2 Duo E7400, and enables a range of unique All-in-One and small form factor chassis.
* With its additional cores, the AMD Athlon II X3 435 processor delivers processor cost savings of over $1005 while providing up to 75 percent better media and entertainment performance when compared to the Intel Core 2 Duo E8500.6
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1 rumored to get support for HDR soon
- Star Wars Battlefront II's new trailer looks INCREDIBLE
- NVIDIA announces SLI/HDR support for Shadow of War on PC
- ASUS B250 Mining Expert board: support for 19 x GPUs
- Destiny 2 will have 21:9, SLI, HDR support on the PC
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience