Shattered Horizon¬ô - First In-Game Footage of Zero Gravity Shooter Revealed
Futuremark¬ģ Games Studio releases new trailer, screenshots, website and more
HELSINKI, FINLAND - OCTOBER 19, 2009 - Futuremark¬ģ Games Studio today released a new trailer showing the first in-game footage from Shattered Horizon¬ô, their upcoming multiplayer first-person shooter for the PC.
In Shattered Horizon, a catastrophic explosion on the Moon has filled near-Earth space with billions of tons of rocky debris. Survivors on the Moon are forced into conflict with those trapped on the battered International Space Station. Teams of players fight in zero gravity to control the limited supplies that mean the difference between survival and death in the cold of space.
With simple and intuitive controls, players have complete freedom of movement making full use of the distinctive zero gravity environments to control the battle. Shattered Horizon rewards players with gameplay and tactics impossible in games constrained by gravity.
"Raid on Moondust" trailer
The first trailer for Shattered Horizon to show in-game footage, this new video shows two players working together to take control of an asteroid being mined in near-Earth space. Players use rocket packs to fly freely through space and can land on any surface, surprising opponents by attacking from unexpected angles.
"This new trailer shows Shattered Horizon's realistic space setting and the player's complete freedom of movement," said Antti Summala, lead designer at Futuremark Games Studio. "FPS fans looking for a new multiplayer challenge this holiday should check out Shattered Horizon for an experience that is only possible in a game without gravity."
Futuremark Games Studio has also revealed the key art image for Shattered Horizon, an evocative scene of an armed astronaut floating above the Earth with the arc of Moon debris in the background.
The official Shattered Horizon website has been redesigned to act as a community hub for the game both before and after the game's launch.
Futuremark Games Studio has announced that Shattered Horizon has received a Teen rating from the ESRB. Ratings from other organizations are not yet available.
Coming to Earth 2009
Shattered Horizon is the first self-published title from Futuremark Games Studio and will be available via digital download this holiday. Visit the official website for more game details.
Information for Editors
A Shattered Horizon Press Kit is available from http://bit.ly/SH_PressKit For high resolution images. For print publications please contact fgs [at] Futuremark [dot] com
Keywords and Suggested Tags
Shattered Horizon, Futuremark, first-person shooter, FPS, zero gravity, multiplayer, PC, video game, trailer, screenshot, space, DirectX10,
Futuremark Games Studio Community
About Futuremark¬ģ Games Studio
Futuremark¬ģ Games Studio, wholly owned by Futuremark¬ģ Corporation, was formed in January 2008 to create original games with new and entertaining gameplay. Shattered Horizon¬ô is the studio's first self-published game. Shattered Horizon carries the NVIDIA¬ģ: The Way It's Meant To Be Played¬ô seal. Futuremark is based in Helsinki, Finland and maintains a sales office in Saratoga, California. For more information, please visit http://www.futuremark.com
¬© 2009 Futuremark¬ģ Corporation. Shattered Horizon¬ô and Futuremark¬ģGames Studio trademarks and logos, Futuremark character names and distinctive likenesses, are the exclusive property of Futuremark Corporation.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives