Shattered Horizon¬ô - First In-Game Footage of Zero Gravity Shooter Revealed
Futuremark¬ģ Games Studio releases new trailer, screenshots, website and more
HELSINKI, FINLAND - OCTOBER 19, 2009 - Futuremark¬ģ Games Studio today released a new trailer showing the first in-game footage from Shattered Horizon¬ô, their upcoming multiplayer first-person shooter for the PC.
In Shattered Horizon, a catastrophic explosion on the Moon has filled near-Earth space with billions of tons of rocky debris. Survivors on the Moon are forced into conflict with those trapped on the battered International Space Station. Teams of players fight in zero gravity to control the limited supplies that mean the difference between survival and death in the cold of space.
With simple and intuitive controls, players have complete freedom of movement making full use of the distinctive zero gravity environments to control the battle. Shattered Horizon rewards players with gameplay and tactics impossible in games constrained by gravity.
"Raid on Moondust" trailer
The first trailer for Shattered Horizon to show in-game footage, this new video shows two players working together to take control of an asteroid being mined in near-Earth space. Players use rocket packs to fly freely through space and can land on any surface, surprising opponents by attacking from unexpected angles.
"This new trailer shows Shattered Horizon's realistic space setting and the player's complete freedom of movement," said Antti Summala, lead designer at Futuremark Games Studio. "FPS fans looking for a new multiplayer challenge this holiday should check out Shattered Horizon for an experience that is only possible in a game without gravity."
Futuremark Games Studio has also revealed the key art image for Shattered Horizon, an evocative scene of an armed astronaut floating above the Earth with the arc of Moon debris in the background.
The official Shattered Horizon website has been redesigned to act as a community hub for the game both before and after the game's launch.
Futuremark Games Studio has announced that Shattered Horizon has received a Teen rating from the ESRB. Ratings from other organizations are not yet available.
Coming to Earth 2009
Shattered Horizon is the first self-published title from Futuremark Games Studio and will be available via digital download this holiday. Visit the official website for more game details.
Information for Editors
A Shattered Horizon Press Kit is available from http://bit.ly/SH_PressKit For high resolution images. For print publications please contact fgs [at] Futuremark [dot] com
Keywords and Suggested Tags
Shattered Horizon, Futuremark, first-person shooter, FPS, zero gravity, multiplayer, PC, video game, trailer, screenshot, space, DirectX10,
Futuremark Games Studio Community
About Futuremark¬ģ Games Studio
Futuremark¬ģ Games Studio, wholly owned by Futuremark¬ģ Corporation, was formed in January 2008 to create original games with new and entertaining gameplay. Shattered Horizon¬ô is the studio's first self-published game. Shattered Horizon carries the NVIDIA¬ģ: The Way It's Meant To Be Played¬ô seal. Futuremark is based in Helsinki, Finland and maintains a sales office in Saratoga, California. For more information, please visit http://www.futuremark.com
¬© 2009 Futuremark¬ģ Corporation. Shattered Horizon¬ô and Futuremark¬ģGames Studio trademarks and logos, Futuremark character names and distinctive likenesses, are the exclusive property of Futuremark Corporation.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is basically a Note7 but cheaper
- Nintendo Switch gameplay graphics are subject to change
- Final Fantasy 15 could get co-op mode in the future
- Nintendo Switch comes to life - as a stuffed dog
- Xbox Live Gold subscribers get 4 new games next month
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage