Shattered Horizon¬ô - First In-Game Footage of Zero Gravity Shooter Revealed
Futuremark¬ģ Games Studio releases new trailer, screenshots, website and more
HELSINKI, FINLAND - OCTOBER 19, 2009 - Futuremark¬ģ Games Studio today released a new trailer showing the first in-game footage from Shattered Horizon¬ô, their upcoming multiplayer first-person shooter for the PC.
In Shattered Horizon, a catastrophic explosion on the Moon has filled near-Earth space with billions of tons of rocky debris. Survivors on the Moon are forced into conflict with those trapped on the battered International Space Station. Teams of players fight in zero gravity to control the limited supplies that mean the difference between survival and death in the cold of space.
With simple and intuitive controls, players have complete freedom of movement making full use of the distinctive zero gravity environments to control the battle. Shattered Horizon rewards players with gameplay and tactics impossible in games constrained by gravity.
"Raid on Moondust" trailer
The first trailer for Shattered Horizon to show in-game footage, this new video shows two players working together to take control of an asteroid being mined in near-Earth space. Players use rocket packs to fly freely through space and can land on any surface, surprising opponents by attacking from unexpected angles.
"This new trailer shows Shattered Horizon's realistic space setting and the player's complete freedom of movement," said Antti Summala, lead designer at Futuremark Games Studio. "FPS fans looking for a new multiplayer challenge this holiday should check out Shattered Horizon for an experience that is only possible in a game without gravity."
Futuremark Games Studio has also revealed the key art image for Shattered Horizon, an evocative scene of an armed astronaut floating above the Earth with the arc of Moon debris in the background.
The official Shattered Horizon website has been redesigned to act as a community hub for the game both before and after the game's launch.
Futuremark Games Studio has announced that Shattered Horizon has received a Teen rating from the ESRB. Ratings from other organizations are not yet available.
Coming to Earth 2009
Shattered Horizon is the first self-published title from Futuremark Games Studio and will be available via digital download this holiday. Visit the official website for more game details.
Information for Editors
A Shattered Horizon Press Kit is available from http://bit.ly/SH_PressKit For high resolution images. For print publications please contact fgs [at] Futuremark [dot] com
Keywords and Suggested Tags
Shattered Horizon, Futuremark, first-person shooter, FPS, zero gravity, multiplayer, PC, video game, trailer, screenshot, space, DirectX10,
Futuremark Games Studio Community
About Futuremark¬ģ Games Studio
Futuremark¬ģ Games Studio, wholly owned by Futuremark¬ģ Corporation, was formed in January 2008 to create original games with new and entertaining gameplay. Shattered Horizon¬ô is the studio's first self-published game. Shattered Horizon carries the NVIDIA¬ģ: The Way It's Meant To Be Played¬ô seal. Futuremark is based in Helsinki, Finland and maintains a sales office in Saratoga, California. For more information, please visit http://www.futuremark.com
¬© 2009 Futuremark¬ģ Corporation. Shattered Horizon¬ô and Futuremark¬ģGames Studio trademarks and logos, Futuremark character names and distinctive likenesses, are the exclusive property of Futuremark Corporation.
Latest News Posts
- New leak shows iPhone 8's fingerprint reader on the back
- Elon Musk gets approval to build NYC-DC Hyperloop
- N64 Mini hinted by new Nintendo trademark
- ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme announced, ready for Ryzen
- Terminator 2 on 4K Blu-ray includes T-800 arm replicate
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- AMD hits Intel where it hurts with Ryzen ThreadRipper
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4
- MSI releases special motherboard BIOSes for Crypto-currency Mining
- Qualcomm files patent infringement complaints against Apple with International Trade Commission and Federal Court