Hynix Introduces the Second Generation 1Gb DDR3
Hynix Semiconductor, Inc. has announced the second generation 1Gb (Gigabits) DDR3 using 54nm process technology. Hynix's new 1Gb DDR3, offered in x4 (H5TQ1G43TFR) and x8 (H5TQ1G83TFR) organizations, has innovative design modifications that significantly reduce power consumption of the device.
The new product operates at 1.5V (volts) power supply as the existing 1Gb DDR3 product and further reduces power consumption by 30% over the existing one. This second generation product is the highest performing memory in the industry among 1Gb density category which is the mainstream of the products. According to the iSuppli, a market research firm, the portion of the world wide 1Gb DDR3 is currently estimated to be 87%. The iSuppli estimates that higher densities will become the mainstream when it is expected to account for more than 50% in 2011.
By introducing this eco-friendly product which has features of reducing power consumption, Hynix expects to respond to the customer demand for featuring lower level of power consumption. Highly virtualized applications such as data centers, servers and supercomputers as well as mobile applications requiring longer battery life could take advantage of this product to enable reduction of power consumption.
The new design philosophy adopted on the second generation 1Gb DDR3, will also be applied to future design of DRAM components including 2Gb DDR3 with 40nm-class technology.
The product has been produced in mass volume from this month.
Latest News Posts
- XIGMATEK pushes its a bright red power supply to market, the S550
- Ubisoft learns from Watch Dogs, shows games on 'target machines' at E3
- AMD financials continue to decline, even with the launch of Fury X
- Sony rumored to unveil its new Xperia Z5 smartphone in September
- LG uses Advanced In-Cell Touch technology for next-gen laptop screens
- ICY DOCK Black Vortex MB174U3S-4SB USB 3.0 Storage Enclosure Review
- C2750D4I: EFI firmware bug?
- ASRock X99 OC Formula/3.1 (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Custom Bios (ASRock X99 Extreme6 3.1 ?
- Samsung 850 EVO and 850 PRO 2TB SSDs Review
- GELID Announces Polar 1U Low-profile CPU Cooler for Intel LGA115x
- Transcend Announces StoreJet 35T3 8TB USB 3.0 External HDD
- Samsung Electronics Leads Consumers into the New Era of Multi-Terabyte SSDs with Launch of 2-TB 850 PRO and 850 EVO
- AMD and Dell Support Bioinformatics Studies at University of Warsaw in Poland
- IBM, NVIDIA and Mellanox Launch Design Center for Big Data and HPC