New Ad-Aware Internet Security from Lavasoft Puts Power in Hands of People
New Ad-Aware introduces advanced Genotype detection to combat the latest forms of malware, cutting-edge malware removal technology, and new community-based initiatives - giving PC users the power to use the Internet how, when, and where they want.
Gothenburg, Sweden (October 13, 2009) Well-known anti-spyware pioneer Lavasoft today announced the global release of Ad-Aware Internet Security with virus, spyware, and rootkit protection, the latest version of their flagship product that combines leading anti-spyware technology with traditional anti-virus detection for comprehensive malware protection against cyber threats.
"Like all Lavasoft products, each new version of Ad-Aware is designed specifically with the wants and needs of our users in mind. But, with this release, we're going a step further by not only releasing a product that gives users the power to protect their privacy with advanced technology and easy-to-use functionality, we're also introducing new community-based initiatives that give even more power to the people - to the millions of Ad-Aware users across the globe," explains Lavasoft CEO Jason King.
A Return to Community
With over 400 million downloads worldwide since release, there is undoubtedly a large Ad-Aware community. The Ad-Aware brand evolved as a result of word-of-mouth recommendation and the new version reintroduces features and functions that allow the Ad-Aware community to again help shape Ad-Aware, with features such as customizable skins and community-driven translations. Savvy users may also choose to contribute by developing plug-ins or add-ons through Ad-Aware's public API. The new MyLavasoft portal on the company website acts as the gathering point for Ad-Aware community collaboration.
What's New in Ad-Aware
Ad-Aware combats the most complex and up-to-the-second forms of malware and gives users the power to use the Internet how, when, and where they want.
Genotype detection technology allows Ad-Aware to stay one step ahead of the latest threats by finding and blocking emerging forms of malware that have not yet been released.
Behavior-based heuristics methodology pinpoints the newest and most relevant forms of malware for today's computer user.
Rootkit removal systems protect against hidden threats and stealth attacks.
Simple Mode/Advanced Mode to cater to the users' varying needs.
Download Guard scans files downloaded via Internet Explorer.
Lavasoft ThreatWork Alliance forms a global community defense against the latest and most relevant threats.
Do Not Disturb Mode to keep interruptions and strain on resources to a minimum for online gamers and entertainment enthusiasts.
Price and Availability
The Pro, Plus, and Free versions of Ad-Aware are available immediately at http://www.lavasoft.com. Pro and Plus are available with 1, 3, or 5 user licenses, and include free technical support and continuous software updates throughout the license period. Prices begin at £19.99 for Plus and £24.99 for Pro, with aggressive discounts for multi-user or multi-year licenses. All existing Lavasoft customers with a valid Ad-Aware Anniversary Edition license will be eligible to update to the new version completely free of charge.
Ad-Aware is available to users in English, Portuguese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, and Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Japanese.
Founded in 1999, Lavasoft is "the original anti-spyware company", with over 400 million downloads worldwide for the flagship Ad-Aware product. A private company headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, Lavasoft provides security solutions for individual consumers and enterprise clients alike, including anti-spyware, anti-virus, registry optimization, firewall, digital shredding, and encryption.
Latest News Posts
- OnePlus 5 will feature Snapdragon 835, confirms CEO
- Divinity Original Sin 2 launches this September
- Unity valued at $2.8 billion
- Top Memorial Day laptop deals with 7th Gen Kaby Lake
- New Dragon Age game could be big-budget, not RTS spinoff
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017