New Ad-Aware Internet Security from Lavasoft Puts Power in Hands of People
New Ad-Aware introduces advanced Genotype detection to combat the latest forms of malware, cutting-edge malware removal technology, and new community-based initiatives - giving PC users the power to use the Internet how, when, and where they want.
Gothenburg, Sweden (October 13, 2009) Well-known anti-spyware pioneer Lavasoft today announced the global release of Ad-Aware Internet Security with virus, spyware, and rootkit protection, the latest version of their flagship product that combines leading anti-spyware technology with traditional anti-virus detection for comprehensive malware protection against cyber threats.
"Like all Lavasoft products, each new version of Ad-Aware is designed specifically with the wants and needs of our users in mind. But, with this release, we're going a step further by not only releasing a product that gives users the power to protect their privacy with advanced technology and easy-to-use functionality, we're also introducing new community-based initiatives that give even more power to the people - to the millions of Ad-Aware users across the globe," explains Lavasoft CEO Jason King.
A Return to Community
With over 400 million downloads worldwide since release, there is undoubtedly a large Ad-Aware community. The Ad-Aware brand evolved as a result of word-of-mouth recommendation and the new version reintroduces features and functions that allow the Ad-Aware community to again help shape Ad-Aware, with features such as customizable skins and community-driven translations. Savvy users may also choose to contribute by developing plug-ins or add-ons through Ad-Aware's public API. The new MyLavasoft portal on the company website acts as the gathering point for Ad-Aware community collaboration.
What's New in Ad-Aware
Ad-Aware combats the most complex and up-to-the-second forms of malware and gives users the power to use the Internet how, when, and where they want.
Genotype detection technology allows Ad-Aware to stay one step ahead of the latest threats by finding and blocking emerging forms of malware that have not yet been released.
Behavior-based heuristics methodology pinpoints the newest and most relevant forms of malware for today's computer user.
Rootkit removal systems protect against hidden threats and stealth attacks.
Simple Mode/Advanced Mode to cater to the users' varying needs.
Download Guard scans files downloaded via Internet Explorer.
Lavasoft ThreatWork Alliance forms a global community defense against the latest and most relevant threats.
Do Not Disturb Mode to keep interruptions and strain on resources to a minimum for online gamers and entertainment enthusiasts.
Price and Availability
The Pro, Plus, and Free versions of Ad-Aware are available immediately at http://www.lavasoft.com. Pro and Plus are available with 1, 3, or 5 user licenses, and include free technical support and continuous software updates throughout the license period. Prices begin at £19.99 for Plus and £24.99 for Pro, with aggressive discounts for multi-user or multi-year licenses. All existing Lavasoft customers with a valid Ad-Aware Anniversary Edition license will be eligible to update to the new version completely free of charge.
Ad-Aware is available to users in English, Portuguese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, and Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Japanese.
Founded in 1999, Lavasoft is "the original anti-spyware company", with over 400 million downloads worldwide for the flagship Ad-Aware product. A private company headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, Lavasoft provides security solutions for individual consumers and enterprise clients alike, including anti-spyware, anti-virus, registry optimization, firewall, digital shredding, and encryption.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook expects big things from next step: virtual reality
- Microsoft says PC to Xbox One game streaming is 'challenging'
- Microsoft trying to find ways to boost Xbox One, game sales in China
- Islamic State being scammed via social media, giving away money
- SoftBank CEO says intelligent robots need emotions and compassion
- Amped Wireless TAP-EX2 AC750 Wireless Range Extender Review
- ASRock 970M Pro3. Search for BIOS setup Info.
- Win10 - Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) - Z68X-UD3-B3
- Windows 10 drivers for G1.Assassin 2 on Gigabyte site are for the wrong product
- Kingston HyperX Cloud Core Gaming Headset Review
- ADATA Launches the HD720 Rugged External Hard Drive
- Sharkoon Announces QuickPort XT Duo Clone and QuickPort XT HC Drive Docks
- Nexon and Electronic Arts to Bring PC Online Titanfal Experience to Asia
- Limited Time Offer: Lenovo Y Series Discount for Ultimate Gaming Experience
- DROPSY THE CLOWN TO DELIVER WARM, DAMP HUGS SEPTEMBER 10