Auzentech Solves Static Issue on Older-Model Denon AV Receivers; Offers Firmware Updates
Auzentech (www.auzentech.com) is pleased to announced that it has found a solution to problems of audio static when the Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD is connected to older-model Denon AV Receivers. A firmware update to the X-Fi HomeTheater HD Sound Card has been created to correct the problem.
As first reported in a September 4 Open Letter from Auzentech, Denon AV Receivers manufactured in early 2008 or before may produce static during playback of high definition bitstream audio with the Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD sound card. Although Denon did not respond to Auzentech's attempts to communicate about the problem, we located and purchased some earlier Denon receivers for analysis, and were successful in diagnosing the trouble.
Auzentech engineers found that earlier Denon receivers read HDMI audio sources differently than do newer models, or other receivers on the market. We do not know why the older units were designed to perform differently. However, you should not experience this problem if you own a more recently manufactured Denon receiver or a different brand of receiver.
To adapt the Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD to the unique HDMI implementation on Denon's older receivers, Auzentech will apply an X-Fi HomeTheater HD firmware update for anyone affected by the problem. The update will be performed by Auzentech or an authorized Auzentech dealer or technician. If you are an owner of the Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD and an older model receiver exhibiting audio static during high definition bitstream audio, please email Auzentech at the address listed below. We will provide guidance on how to update your product.
This firmware update offer includes shipping to and from Auzentech or its representatives. After December 31, 2009, the firmware update will still be available but will be governed by the terms of the warranty, which do not include free shipping. Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD sound cards shipped directly to customers from the Auzentech online store after October 19, 2009 will already have the firmware update applied. Models purchased in retail stores may have the original firmware, but are eligible for the update.
Additional updates on this issue will be released as Open Letters. To stay informed, please visit the pages listed below.
Subscribe to Auzentech News Feeds, especially Email Notifications for the X-Fi HomeTheater HD Sound Card
Visit the Auzentech Open Letters web page regularly
To all of Auzentech's customers who placed support tickets related to this issue: Thank you for helping us to diagnose and find a solution for the problem.
The Auzentech Team
About X-Fi HomeTheater HD
Enjoy Blu-ray movies in their full glory. The Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD sound card is a native-PCI Express sound card that provides non-downsampled audio during 24p video playback-the same video framerate seen in theaters. It can play Blu-ray Audio with no downsampling, and play high bit-rate audio such as Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio bitstream without altering the original sound.
Latest News Posts
- Call of Duty rumored to see a third-person Modern Warfare release
- Nokia unveils its new OZO virtual reality camera, priced at $60,000
- Apple expected to launch even thinner MacBook Air models next year
- New 'Batman V Superman' teaser revels in animosity
- USB-C connector updated with Intel's Thunderbolt 3 transfer protocol
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY