OCZ Announces the Z-Drive m84 PCI-Express SSD, a Bootable Storage Drive for Mainstream Do-It-Yourself Power Users
San Jose, Calif.-October 5, 2009-OCZ Technology Group, Inc., a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory and flash-based storage as an alternative to hard disk drives (HDDs), today announced the Z-Drive m84, a PCI-Express Solid State Drive (SSD) designed to offer the performance of OCZ's Z-Drive product line to enthusiasts for a more affordable price point and availability in the mainstream market segment versus the enterprise channel. The Z-Drive m84 is the answer to the demand from end-users to have access to this state-of-the-art storage solution.
"The OCZ m84 Z-Drive is the newest addition to our line of PCI-E solid state drives and is designed to offer consumers a high performance yet aggressively priced solid state solution," said Eugene Chang, Vice President of Product Management at the OCZ Technology Group. "While the previously released p84 and e84 Z-Drives were intended specifically for enterprise applications, the m84 delivers much of the same performance but at a price point that is competitive with standard SSD drives. This is the first time that such a high performance PCI-E based SSD that is optimized for media editing, gaming, and workstation productivity, has been so within the reach of power users."
With cost-effective multi-level cell (MLC) NAND and a bootable internal RAID 0 configuration, the Z-Drive m84 is ideal for desktop enthusiasts seeking plug and play solid state technology. By taking the SATA bottleneck out of the equation with a high-speed PCI-Express interface, the Z-Drive m84 pushes the performance barrier future than competing mainstream SATA-based SSD products. With speeds up to 750MB/s read and 650MB/s write (based on 256GB model), the m84 can accommodate a wider range of applications and computing environments such as video editing and other multi-media creation and management, all while providing lower power consumption, superior durability, and shock resistance compared to traditional rotational-based drives.
Perfect for bleeding-edge users migrating to SSD solutions but needing ample storage capacity for their workstations or desktops, the m84 is available in 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB (1024GB) models to house a comprehensive collection of applications and files. The Z-Drive m84 comes backed by a leading 3-year warranty and dedicated technical support, ensuring unparalleled peace of mind for your performance investment.
For more information on the OCZ Z-Drive m84, please visit our product page here.
About OCZ Technology
OCZ Technology Group, a member of JEDEC, designs, develops, and manufactures ground-breaking, high performance memory and premium computer components, including solid state drives and computer power supplies. OCZ products are the first choice for users needing high-reliability, enthusiast-grade solutions. OCZ's continually invests in R&D to continuously push the limits of performance, speed, and value for consumers, system integrators, and OEM clients. All of OCZ Technology Group's products are available through its worldwide network of distributors, online resellers and retail stores. For more information visit our website at http://www.ocztechnology.com
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect: Andromeda runs on GTX 745, has FOV slider
- 'La La Land', 'Arrival' lead Oscar nominations
- Xbox boss 'really happy' on Project Scorpio's progress
- First footage of Nintendo Switch's touchscreen in action
- Faraday Future receives only 60 deposits for the FF 91
- Asrock B150M-HDS problem
- How do i brake the boot loop? (no post)
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017