fg microtec Implements GIPS for HD Voice Quality in New Fixed Mobile Convergence (FMC/UC) Client
Tier 1 Enterprise Infrastructure Vendor First to Benefit from New Application that Offers Mobile VoIP on Samsung & HTC Windows Mobile Devices
SAN FRANCISCO and MUNICH, October 6, 2009 - fg microtec, a leading provider of enterprise unified telephony applications, today announced that their Fixed Mobile Convergence (FMC) Windows Mobile client, will offer voice quality powered by Global IP Solutions' award-winning VoiceEngine Mobile.
The fg FMC client lets mobile phone calls move seamlessly from a cellular to Wi-Fi network, creating one telecommunications network. The user continues to use the mobile phone without any changes. As a result, fg microtec's enterprise users can now take their desktop phone with them effortlessly and save mobile costs at the same time.
"GIPS is the clear leader in real-time media processing, which allows us to offer our customers unmatched voice quality," said fg microtec's CEO Robert Mirbaha. "GIPS enabled us to develop a FMC client that offers vastly improved sound quality, which can be a critical differentiator in the competitive mobile market." A Tier 1 enterprise infrastructure vendor will be fg microtec's first customer to benefit from this new application, which offers mobile VoIP.
"The number of Wi-Fi covered areas continues to grow exponentially - in hotels, cafes, corporate offices, home networks and public places. With the fg FMC client, enterprise customers are able to utilize different networks seamlessly, providing the benefit of cost savings and greatly improved voice quality," said GIPS' CEO Emerick Woods. "With GIPS VoiceEngine Mobile, voice quality is ensured even under strenuous network conditions. It also allows mobile application developers like fg microtec to go-to-market quickly, giving users a sophisticated calling experience, anytime, anywhere and on any IP communication device."
About fg microtec
Founded in 2001, fg microtec has extensive experience in FMC and UC client solutions. fg's corporate solution portfolio covers least cost calling client solutions, Fixed Mobile Convergence / Unified Communications clients (FMC/UC) and Enterprise mobile PBX extensions. fg microtec products combine converged SIP based VoIP solutions on dual and single mode handsets with unprecedented speech quality and stability. fg microtec is dedicated to providing enterprise class applications based on major open standards. For more information, visit http://www.fgmicrotec.com
About Global IP Solutions
Global IP Solutions (Oslo Børs: GIPS) provides best-in-class voice and video processing in IP communications. GIPS enables its customers to deliver unmatched quality, with a faster time-to-market and with less risk than alternative solutions. GIPS serves application developers, wired and wireless service providers and network and telecommunications equipment vendors. Its customer list includes Citrix, CommuniGate, KT Networks, Nimbuzz, Nortel, Oracle, PCCW, Samsung, Tencent, WebEx, Yahoo!, AOL and other key players in the voice and video over IP markets. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Stockholm, Boston and Hong Kong. For more information, visit http://www.gipscorp.com.
Latest News Posts
- Acer's new Predator Z35P: 35-inch 3440x1440 100Hz G-Sync
- Crackdown 3 coming to PC, is an Xbox Play Anywhere title
- Samsung unveils bendable/stretchable OLED display
- MSI scoops 5 awards for Computex Best Choice Award 2017
- Surface Pro continues to evolve, now packs Kaby Lake
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning