fg microtec Implements GIPS for HD Voice Quality in New Fixed Mobile Convergence (FMC/UC) Client
Tier 1 Enterprise Infrastructure Vendor First to Benefit from New Application that Offers Mobile VoIP on Samsung & HTC Windows Mobile Devices
SAN FRANCISCO and MUNICH, October 6, 2009 - fg microtec, a leading provider of enterprise unified telephony applications, today announced that their Fixed Mobile Convergence (FMC) Windows Mobile client, will offer voice quality powered by Global IP Solutions' award-winning VoiceEngine Mobile.
The fg FMC client lets mobile phone calls move seamlessly from a cellular to Wi-Fi network, creating one telecommunications network. The user continues to use the mobile phone without any changes. As a result, fg microtec's enterprise users can now take their desktop phone with them effortlessly and save mobile costs at the same time.
"GIPS is the clear leader in real-time media processing, which allows us to offer our customers unmatched voice quality," said fg microtec's CEO Robert Mirbaha. "GIPS enabled us to develop a FMC client that offers vastly improved sound quality, which can be a critical differentiator in the competitive mobile market." A Tier 1 enterprise infrastructure vendor will be fg microtec's first customer to benefit from this new application, which offers mobile VoIP.
"The number of Wi-Fi covered areas continues to grow exponentially - in hotels, cafes, corporate offices, home networks and public places. With the fg FMC client, enterprise customers are able to utilize different networks seamlessly, providing the benefit of cost savings and greatly improved voice quality," said GIPS' CEO Emerick Woods. "With GIPS VoiceEngine Mobile, voice quality is ensured even under strenuous network conditions. It also allows mobile application developers like fg microtec to go-to-market quickly, giving users a sophisticated calling experience, anytime, anywhere and on any IP communication device."
About fg microtec
Founded in 2001, fg microtec has extensive experience in FMC and UC client solutions. fg's corporate solution portfolio covers least cost calling client solutions, Fixed Mobile Convergence / Unified Communications clients (FMC/UC) and Enterprise mobile PBX extensions. fg microtec products combine converged SIP based VoIP solutions on dual and single mode handsets with unprecedented speech quality and stability. fg microtec is dedicated to providing enterprise class applications based on major open standards. For more information, visit http://www.fgmicrotec.com
About Global IP Solutions
Global IP Solutions (Oslo Børs: GIPS) provides best-in-class voice and video processing in IP communications. GIPS enables its customers to deliver unmatched quality, with a faster time-to-market and with less risk than alternative solutions. GIPS serves application developers, wired and wireless service providers and network and telecommunications equipment vendors. Its customer list includes Citrix, CommuniGate, KT Networks, Nimbuzz, Nortel, Oracle, PCCW, Samsung, Tencent, WebEx, Yahoo!, AOL and other key players in the voice and video over IP markets. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Stockholm, Boston and Hong Kong. For more information, visit http://www.gipscorp.com.
Latest News Posts
- No Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One bundle, EA confirms
- Razer offers Aussie LoL fans a ticket for worldwide travel
- CCleaner hits Windows 10, helping users clear junk out of their system
- CybertronPC first to add support for AMD Radeon R9 NANO video card
- SilverStone hits the storage market again, hot-swap RAID rack release
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- Razer Leviathan 5.1 Channel Gaming Sound Bar and Sub Review
- ASRock Z97 Extreme4 Fast BOOT Issue
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20