Corsair® launches 950 Watt power supply for gamers and PC enthusiasts
Corsair TX950W raises the bar for high-quality, affordable power supplies, thanks to massive 78A +12V rail, NVIDIA® SLI and ATI Crossfire support and 80 PLUS® Bronze certification
FREMONT, Calif., Oct. 6, 2009 - Corsair®, a worldwide leader in high performance memory and computer products, today announced the launch of the Corsair TX950W power supply unit (PSU), the latest addition to the award-winning TX-series of high-quality PSUs.
The TX950W has been designed to meet the demanding requirements of PC enthusiasts, creative professionals and gamers. The TX950W is built using industrial-grade components to ensure clean and stable voltages, and has been qualified to operate at 100% load at an ambient temperature of 50°C for unmatched reliability.
The Corsair TX950W boasts a dedicated +12V rail capable of delivering 78A (936W), which equates to 98.5% of the PSU's total power output. This makes it ideal for extreme, multi-GPU gaming systems using the latest multi-core CPUs, such as Intel® Core i5 and Core i7-series, all of which require high amounts of stable power at 12V.
"Corsair's TX650W, TX750W, and TX850W PSUs have dominated the market by offering superior performance and quality at affordable prices," said Jim Carlton, Vice President of Marketing at Corsair. "The TX950W raises the bar even higher, thanks to 80 PLUS Bronze efficiency, low noise, and output that's capable of reliably powering even the most demanding Dream PCs."
Thanks to the 80 PLUS Bronze certification, which guarantees at least 85% energy efficiency at typical load levels, the TX950W produces minimal waste heat and is extremely quiet. The high-quality 140mm cooling fan remains at its minimum speed until approximately 65% of the PSU's total load. Six 6+2-pin PCI-E cables are provided and the TX950W has been thoroughly tested for compatibility with NVIDIA SLI and ATI Crossfire solutions. The TX950W also boasts extra-long cables to support full-tower chassis.
The Corsair TX950W is available immediately from retailers and e-tailers, and is backed by a five-year warranty and comprehensive customer support via telephone, email, forum and the Tech Support Express helpdesk.
An image of the Corsair TX950W power supply can be downloaded from here
More information about the Corsair TX950W power supply can be found at corsair.com/products/tx950/.
For more information about the importance of choosing a high-quality power supply, please visit corsair.com/highqualitypower.
Founded in 1994, Corsair Memory, Inc., is a worldwide leader in high performance components for personal computers. Specializing in very high performance memory and ultra- efficient power supplies, our flagship products, Including Dominator memory modules, are the choice of overclockers, enthusiasts, and gamers everywhere. Our expertise in design and manufacturing is also evident in our complete line of Flash Voyager® and Flash Survivor USB storage devices. Corsair offers 24/7 customer support via forums and the Tech Support Express helpdesk. For more information, please visit http://www.corsair.com.
Latest News Posts
- PowerColor Radeon RX 480 Devil can hit 1.4GHz with triple-fan cooler
- NVIDIA rumored to launch GeForce GTX 1060 next week, will fight RX 480
- AMD's next-gen 'Naples' processor spotted, features 64 CPU threads
- AMD acquires HiAlgo which works on dynamic resoution scaling, and more
- These seven new Pokemon are quite...interesting
- Insight Needed for RAM upgrade issue.
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- How will windows 10 affect my D, E and F drives?
- Updated BIOS on E3C226D2I now can't boot from USB
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card