Contest: Intel® Core i7 Custom Desktop Challenge -- Will Your Vision of Tomorrow Rock the World?
WHAT: Intel Corporation has begun a multi-country "Intel Core i7 Custom Desktop Challenge" for PC enthusiasts to build desktops powered by Intel Core i7 and Core i5 processors that envision the possibilities of tomorrow's technology - from new gaming PCs to innovative platforms for home automation.
The contest is promoted in coordination with local Intel Channel Partner members, sponsors (CPU Magazine, Extreme Tech, PC Magazine) and other media publications and blogs.
Participants can choose to compete in two contest categories with final winners receiving prizes such as gift cards (up to US $1,500), Intel Processors, an Intel® Atom processor-based netbook, a Flip* HD pocket camcorder, 160GB Intel solid-state drives and more. The contest categories are:
Mod Creativity: a mod PC desktop that showcases innovations in lighting, cooling, liquid emersion, cut case and creativity.
Lifestyle Innovation: a futuristic home automation PC platform to improve one's lifestyle through wireless media centers, lighting automation and security integration.
Submission and Contest Rules:
Interested participants can submit entries from Oct. 5 through 11:59 p.m. PST on Nov. 16. Final submissions will be judged on five factors by a panel of judges comprised of sponsors, Intel employees and industry experts. Contestants will be awarded up to ten points per factor, for a total of 50 points. The five factors are:
Overall mod creativity
Mod paint job/creativity
Final submissions will also be entered into the "People's Choice" competition. From Nov. 23 through Dec. 7, entries will be displayed on the contest Web site (www.intelcorechallenge.com) where individuals around the world can vote for their favorite mod. In addition to the "People's Choice" winner, 12 final winners will be selected for prize categories such as "Best in Show," "Best Mod Creativity," "Best Lifestyle Innovation," "Best in Country" (one prize for each country) and "Best Video." All 13 final winners will be notified on Dec. 14.
WHO: The contest is open to anyone 18 years or older who wants to build a desktop that demonstrates a bold vision made possible by Intel's newest, smartest and fastest processors. Participating countries are Belgium, Canada (except Quebec), Japan, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom and the United States.
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC), the world leader in silicon innovation, develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Additional information about Intel is available at http://www.intel.com/pressroom and blogs.intel.com.
Latest News Posts
- YouTube's web-based video player receives a slick new look
- EA teases Mirror's Edge Catalyst trailer ahead of Gamescom
- Basemark Web 3.0 announced, wants to benchmark all the browsers
- FDA approves the first drug to be 3D printed, arrives in 2016
- 'Dungeons and Dragons' feature film reboot on the way
- Windows 10 utilities for h97? (F Stream)
- unwisely spent on pursuits Muscle Building
- windows 10 help
- Nem ASUS sabertooth 990fx R2.0+ 4.7 pro freeze
- MSI X99A GODLIKE GAMING (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- HighPoint Unveils USB 3.1 Product Line
- Toshiba Unveils 256 Gigabit 48-layer 3D TLC NAND Chip
- Unigen Announces DDR4 Modules
- Seagate Reports Fiscal Third Quarter 2015 Results
- IBASE Announces ASB200-908 IPC