Contest: Intel® Core i7 Custom Desktop Challenge -- Will Your Vision of Tomorrow Rock the World?
WHAT: Intel Corporation has begun a multi-country "Intel Core i7 Custom Desktop Challenge" for PC enthusiasts to build desktops powered by Intel Core i7 and Core i5 processors that envision the possibilities of tomorrow's technology - from new gaming PCs to innovative platforms for home automation.
The contest is promoted in coordination with local Intel Channel Partner members, sponsors (CPU Magazine, Extreme Tech, PC Magazine) and other media publications and blogs.
Participants can choose to compete in two contest categories with final winners receiving prizes such as gift cards (up to US $1,500), Intel Processors, an Intel® Atom processor-based netbook, a Flip* HD pocket camcorder, 160GB Intel solid-state drives and more. The contest categories are:
Mod Creativity: a mod PC desktop that showcases innovations in lighting, cooling, liquid emersion, cut case and creativity.
Lifestyle Innovation: a futuristic home automation PC platform to improve one's lifestyle through wireless media centers, lighting automation and security integration.
Submission and Contest Rules:
Interested participants can submit entries from Oct. 5 through 11:59 p.m. PST on Nov. 16. Final submissions will be judged on five factors by a panel of judges comprised of sponsors, Intel employees and industry experts. Contestants will be awarded up to ten points per factor, for a total of 50 points. The five factors are:
Overall mod creativity
Mod paint job/creativity
Final submissions will also be entered into the "People's Choice" competition. From Nov. 23 through Dec. 7, entries will be displayed on the contest Web site (www.intelcorechallenge.com) where individuals around the world can vote for their favorite mod. In addition to the "People's Choice" winner, 12 final winners will be selected for prize categories such as "Best in Show," "Best Mod Creativity," "Best Lifestyle Innovation," "Best in Country" (one prize for each country) and "Best Video." All 13 final winners will be notified on Dec. 14.
WHO: The contest is open to anyone 18 years or older who wants to build a desktop that demonstrates a bold vision made possible by Intel's newest, smartest and fastest processors. Participating countries are Belgium, Canada (except Quebec), Japan, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom and the United States.
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC), the world leader in silicon innovation, develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Additional information about Intel is available at http://www.intel.com/pressroom and blogs.intel.com.
Latest News Posts
- LG's new 'world's first' 77-inch flexible 4K OLED teased
- GIGABYTE's new AMD EPYC motherboard supports 1TB of RAM
- AMD Radeon RX Vega price will be 'excellent'
- Bungie is making PC specific tweaks to Destiny 2
- Project CARS 2 will run upscaled res on Xbox One X
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- In Win 301 Mini-Tower Chassis Review
- Best bang for your buck: AC1900 Wireless Routers
- ADATA XPG SX8000 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- repairing rj45 port on g751j laptop
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller
- Full E3 Coliseum lineup announced