VIA Processor Platforms Support Windows 7-Based Windows Embedded Standard 2011
VIA hardware supports the latest Windows 7 technologies, bringing enhanced features to next-generation embedded systems
Taipei, Taiwan, 29 Sept 2009 - VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced its support for Windows Embedded Standard 2011 across its range of processor platforms. Windows Embedded Standard 2011 delivers the power, familiarity and reliability of the Windows 7 operating system in a highly customizable and componentized form, enabling original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to focus on their core competencies and create product differentiation.
"Windows Embedded Standard 2011 will breathe new life into the next-generation of VIA-powered specialized devices," said Daniel Wu, Vice President, VIA Embedded Platform Division, VIA Technologies, Inc. "Windows Embedded Standard 2011 will extend the Windows user experience to specialized devices and provide enhanced functionality, networking capabilities, improved security and reliability to a range of embedded segments."
"Microsoft Windows Embedded is happy to continue our work with long-term partner VIA to develop innovative technologies that meet the needs of embedded developers," said John Boladian, marketing director, Windows Embedded, Asia Pacific & Greater China, Microsoft. "We look forward to extending the Windows 7 user experience to VIA-powered embedded devices. The use of Windows Embedded Standard 2011 will reduce platform development costs, but also meet the demand for enhanced functionalities, improved user experiences and connectivity among today's rapidly growing specialized devices."
About Windows Embedded Standard 2011
Windows Embedded Standard 2011 delivers the power, familiarity and reliability of the Windows 7 operating system in a highly customizable and componentized form. Customers focused in embedded segments including industrial automation, entertainment, consumer electronics and other markets will be able to take advantage of a range of enhanced Windows 7-based features.
These features include support for 64-bit CPUs, Windows Aero user interface, Windows Presentation Foundation, Windows Touch (including multi-gesture touch interfaces and context-aware applications) and Windows Flip 3D navigation. These features enable developers to create product differentiation while focusing on their core competencies.
Windows Embedded Standard 2011 allows OEMs to choose only the components they need to tailor the platform to meet the unique requirements of their device. Familiar, easy-to-use development tools and embedded-enabling features help to further reduce development costs and increase speed to market for thin-client, point-of-service, kiosk, medical and other devices. Additional information on Windows Embedded Standard 2011 and the entire Windows Embedded portfolio of platforms and technologies can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsembedded.
About VIA Technologies, Inc.
VIA Technologies, Inc is the foremost fabless supplier of power efficient x86 processor platforms that are driving system innovation in the PC, client, ultra mobile and embedded markets. Combining energy-saving processors with digital media chipsets and advanced connectivity, multimedia and networking silicon enables a broad spectrum of computing and communication platforms, including its widely acclaimed ultra compact mainboards. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA's global network links the high tech centers of the US, Europe and Asia, and its customer base includes the world's top OEMs and system integrators. http://www.via.com.tw
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA's purported Volta-based TITAN Xv spotted
- Joss Wheddon taking over 'Justice League' directing duty
- Red Dead Redemption 2 delay causes stock dive
- Destiny 2 on PC: no dedicated servers
- Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed to Spring 2018
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning