VIA Processor Platforms Support Windows 7-Based Windows Embedded Standard 2011
VIA hardware supports the latest Windows 7 technologies, bringing enhanced features to next-generation embedded systems
Taipei, Taiwan, 29 Sept 2009 - VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced its support for Windows Embedded Standard 2011 across its range of processor platforms. Windows Embedded Standard 2011 delivers the power, familiarity and reliability of the Windows 7 operating system in a highly customizable and componentized form, enabling original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to focus on their core competencies and create product differentiation.
"Windows Embedded Standard 2011 will breathe new life into the next-generation of VIA-powered specialized devices," said Daniel Wu, Vice President, VIA Embedded Platform Division, VIA Technologies, Inc. "Windows Embedded Standard 2011 will extend the Windows user experience to specialized devices and provide enhanced functionality, networking capabilities, improved security and reliability to a range of embedded segments."
"Microsoft Windows Embedded is happy to continue our work with long-term partner VIA to develop innovative technologies that meet the needs of embedded developers," said John Boladian, marketing director, Windows Embedded, Asia Pacific & Greater China, Microsoft. "We look forward to extending the Windows 7 user experience to VIA-powered embedded devices. The use of Windows Embedded Standard 2011 will reduce platform development costs, but also meet the demand for enhanced functionalities, improved user experiences and connectivity among today's rapidly growing specialized devices."
About Windows Embedded Standard 2011
Windows Embedded Standard 2011 delivers the power, familiarity and reliability of the Windows 7 operating system in a highly customizable and componentized form. Customers focused in embedded segments including industrial automation, entertainment, consumer electronics and other markets will be able to take advantage of a range of enhanced Windows 7-based features.
These features include support for 64-bit CPUs, Windows Aero user interface, Windows Presentation Foundation, Windows Touch (including multi-gesture touch interfaces and context-aware applications) and Windows Flip 3D navigation. These features enable developers to create product differentiation while focusing on their core competencies.
Windows Embedded Standard 2011 allows OEMs to choose only the components they need to tailor the platform to meet the unique requirements of their device. Familiar, easy-to-use development tools and embedded-enabling features help to further reduce development costs and increase speed to market for thin-client, point-of-service, kiosk, medical and other devices. Additional information on Windows Embedded Standard 2011 and the entire Windows Embedded portfolio of platforms and technologies can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsembedded.
About VIA Technologies, Inc.
VIA Technologies, Inc is the foremost fabless supplier of power efficient x86 processor platforms that are driving system innovation in the PC, client, ultra mobile and embedded markets. Combining energy-saving processors with digital media chipsets and advanced connectivity, multimedia and networking silicon enables a broad spectrum of computing and communication platforms, including its widely acclaimed ultra compact mainboards. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA's global network links the high tech centers of the US, Europe and Asia, and its customer base includes the world's top OEMs and system integrators. http://www.via.com.tw
Latest News Posts
- 1Password updated, features Material Design UI and fingerprint unlock
- Ubisoft says The Division being held back on PC 'simply not true'
- Telstra outage in Australia caused by 'embarrassing human error'
- Explosive new 'Independence Day' TV spot, poster go live
- Rise of the Tomb Raider could soon receive DX12 abilities
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance