VIA Processor Platforms Support Windows 7-Based Windows Embedded Standard 2011
VIA hardware supports the latest Windows 7 technologies, bringing enhanced features to next-generation embedded systems
Taipei, Taiwan, 29 Sept 2009 - VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced its support for Windows Embedded Standard 2011 across its range of processor platforms. Windows Embedded Standard 2011 delivers the power, familiarity and reliability of the Windows 7 operating system in a highly customizable and componentized form, enabling original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to focus on their core competencies and create product differentiation.
"Windows Embedded Standard 2011 will breathe new life into the next-generation of VIA-powered specialized devices," said Daniel Wu, Vice President, VIA Embedded Platform Division, VIA Technologies, Inc. "Windows Embedded Standard 2011 will extend the Windows user experience to specialized devices and provide enhanced functionality, networking capabilities, improved security and reliability to a range of embedded segments."
"Microsoft Windows Embedded is happy to continue our work with long-term partner VIA to develop innovative technologies that meet the needs of embedded developers," said John Boladian, marketing director, Windows Embedded, Asia Pacific & Greater China, Microsoft. "We look forward to extending the Windows 7 user experience to VIA-powered embedded devices. The use of Windows Embedded Standard 2011 will reduce platform development costs, but also meet the demand for enhanced functionalities, improved user experiences and connectivity among today's rapidly growing specialized devices."
About Windows Embedded Standard 2011
Windows Embedded Standard 2011 delivers the power, familiarity and reliability of the Windows 7 operating system in a highly customizable and componentized form. Customers focused in embedded segments including industrial automation, entertainment, consumer electronics and other markets will be able to take advantage of a range of enhanced Windows 7-based features.
These features include support for 64-bit CPUs, Windows Aero user interface, Windows Presentation Foundation, Windows Touch (including multi-gesture touch interfaces and context-aware applications) and Windows Flip 3D navigation. These features enable developers to create product differentiation while focusing on their core competencies.
Windows Embedded Standard 2011 allows OEMs to choose only the components they need to tailor the platform to meet the unique requirements of their device. Familiar, easy-to-use development tools and embedded-enabling features help to further reduce development costs and increase speed to market for thin-client, point-of-service, kiosk, medical and other devices. Additional information on Windows Embedded Standard 2011 and the entire Windows Embedded portfolio of platforms and technologies can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsembedded.
About VIA Technologies, Inc.
VIA Technologies, Inc is the foremost fabless supplier of power efficient x86 processor platforms that are driving system innovation in the PC, client, ultra mobile and embedded markets. Combining energy-saving processors with digital media chipsets and advanced connectivity, multimedia and networking silicon enables a broad spectrum of computing and communication platforms, including its widely acclaimed ultra compact mainboards. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA's global network links the high tech centers of the US, Europe and Asia, and its customer base includes the world's top OEMs and system integrators. http://www.via.com.tw
Latest News Posts
- PCIe 4.0 won't deliver 300W over the PCIe slot after all
- Ubisoft focuses on fixing The Division, delays DLC
- Gearbox working on a remastered version of Duke Nukem 3D
- Huawei unveils its new high-end Honor 8 smartphone
- HTC Vive preferred by more VR developers than the Rift
- Bootable RAID 0 via dual u.2 ports on x99 Designare EX
- Intel shows Merged Reality Technologies at IDF 2016
- Lenovo ThinkPad P70 Mobile Workstation Notebook Review
- GA-x99 Gaming 5 , Recon3Di audio problem ,windows 8.1 robot sound
- Could be used the both Intel graphics card and Nvidia graphics card at same time on Asus K555LB laptop?
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller