NVIDIA 3D Vision Makes The Undead Come Alive At Johnny Ramone Charity Event
Attendees to Experience Resident Evil 5 with NVIDIA 3D Vision While Watching the World Premiere of "Night of the Living Dead" in 3D
SANTA CLARA, Calif.-Sept 28, 2009-Zombies, blood and brains will be on display in glorious 3D as the 5th Annual Johnny Ramone Tribute holds the world premiere screening of George Romero's classic horror film, Night of the Living Dead, in 3D on Oct. 3 at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery in Hollywood, Calif.
To heighten the festivities, NVIDIA® will showcase its award-winning 3D Vision stereoscopic 3D technology and give attendees a chance to play this year's hottest horror game, Resident Evil 5, to experience what it's like to have crazed zombies pop out of the computer screen.
The event will kick off at dusk with a showing of the full-length, 1977 Ramones concert, It's Alive, screened outdoors against a 24-foot mausoleum wall. Actress Rose McGowan (Grindhouse) will then introduce the world premiere of Night of the Living Dead in 3D. The event is open to the public for a $10 per person minimum donation, with proceeds benefiting the Johnny Ramone research fund at USC Westside Prostate Cancer Center. Gates open at 5:30 pm. Picnic dinners, drinks (including alcoholic ones), pillows, blankets and small chairs are permitted. Attendees will receive free commemorative 3D glasses upon entering.
Resident Evil 5 is the latest PC game to take advantage of NVIDIA 3D Vision technology, which transforms standard games into eye-popping, jump-out-of-your-seat, 3D experiences. Not only did its creator Capcom design "out-of-screen-effects" to scare the daylights out of gamers, they also rendered all of the game's cinematic cut-scenes with the same immersive 3D effect. The critics have raved about the game running on NVIDIA 3D Vision. Said Jeff Haynes of IGN.com, "Resident Evil 5 was designed to fully take advantage of 3D, [with] certain segments of the game piercing the digital 'fourth wall' with a sense of negative depth that is quite incredible."
"Night of the Living Dead was one of Johnny Ramone's top ten horror film favorites of all time," said John Cafiero, chief of staff of the Johnny Ramone Army, an official entity acting on behalf of the seminal punk rocker and his Estate preserving the icon's memory and legacy. "What better way to celebrate the world premiere of this incredible flick in 3D than to give people a virtual experience to fight the living dead in Resident Evil 5 in 3D on NVIDIA's latest gaming hardware."
For more information on NVIDIA 3D Vision, please visit: http://www.nvidia.com/3Dvision.
For more information on the 5th Annual Johnny Ramone Tribute event, please visit: http://www.johnnyramonearmy.com/5thannualJRATribute.html.
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) awakened the world to the power of computer graphics when it invented the graphics processing unit (GPU) in 1999. Since then, it has consistently set new standards in visual computing with breathtaking, interactive graphics available on devices ranging from portable media players to notebooks to workstations. NVIDIA's expertise in programmable GPUs has led to breakthroughs in parallel processing which make supercomputing inexpensive and widely accessible. Fortune magazine has ranked NVIDIA #1 in innovation in the semiconductor industry for two years in a row. For more information, see http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- Peripheral brands make a move into clothing, Tt eSPORTS and ASTRO
- F1 2015's latest trailer teases the great visuals for the new racer
- Toshiba testing its 'scorpion' robot inside Fukushima nuclear reactor
- Americans have streamed 135B songs and music videos in 2015 so far
- Difficulties trying to sell Xbox One, PlayStation 4 in China
- Gaming Sponsorship - Part 2: Live events are key to success
- orange jack not working with 5.1 sound
- The top four things North Korea has achieved in the past 18 months
- Accell Home or Away USB Surge Protector Review
- Define S 47 [Buildlog 03.07.2015]
- Sharkoon Gamer Mouse with Bungee Hub - MSRP 47.99 Euros
- SMITE on Xbox One will have Australian Servers with Open Beta launch next Week
- Marble Monster is intensively addicting and action packed!
- ROCCAT Announces Taito Control Gaming Mousepad
- Lite-On Introduces Low Latency M.2 PCIe SSDs for Cloud Vendors