NVIDIA 3D Vision Makes The Undead Come Alive At Johnny Ramone Charity Event
Attendees to Experience Resident Evil 5 with NVIDIA 3D Vision While Watching the World Premiere of "Night of the Living Dead" in 3D
SANTA CLARA, Calif.-Sept 28, 2009-Zombies, blood and brains will be on display in glorious 3D as the 5th Annual Johnny Ramone Tribute holds the world premiere screening of George Romero's classic horror film, Night of the Living Dead, in 3D on Oct. 3 at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery in Hollywood, Calif.
To heighten the festivities, NVIDIA® will showcase its award-winning 3D Vision stereoscopic 3D technology and give attendees a chance to play this year's hottest horror game, Resident Evil 5, to experience what it's like to have crazed zombies pop out of the computer screen.
The event will kick off at dusk with a showing of the full-length, 1977 Ramones concert, It's Alive, screened outdoors against a 24-foot mausoleum wall. Actress Rose McGowan (Grindhouse) will then introduce the world premiere of Night of the Living Dead in 3D. The event is open to the public for a $10 per person minimum donation, with proceeds benefiting the Johnny Ramone research fund at USC Westside Prostate Cancer Center. Gates open at 5:30 pm. Picnic dinners, drinks (including alcoholic ones), pillows, blankets and small chairs are permitted. Attendees will receive free commemorative 3D glasses upon entering.
Resident Evil 5 is the latest PC game to take advantage of NVIDIA 3D Vision technology, which transforms standard games into eye-popping, jump-out-of-your-seat, 3D experiences. Not only did its creator Capcom design "out-of-screen-effects" to scare the daylights out of gamers, they also rendered all of the game's cinematic cut-scenes with the same immersive 3D effect. The critics have raved about the game running on NVIDIA 3D Vision. Said Jeff Haynes of IGN.com, "Resident Evil 5 was designed to fully take advantage of 3D, [with] certain segments of the game piercing the digital 'fourth wall' with a sense of negative depth that is quite incredible."
"Night of the Living Dead was one of Johnny Ramone's top ten horror film favorites of all time," said John Cafiero, chief of staff of the Johnny Ramone Army, an official entity acting on behalf of the seminal punk rocker and his Estate preserving the icon's memory and legacy. "What better way to celebrate the world premiere of this incredible flick in 3D than to give people a virtual experience to fight the living dead in Resident Evil 5 in 3D on NVIDIA's latest gaming hardware."
For more information on NVIDIA 3D Vision, please visit: http://www.nvidia.com/3Dvision.
For more information on the 5th Annual Johnny Ramone Tribute event, please visit: http://www.johnnyramonearmy.com/5thannualJRATribute.html.
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) awakened the world to the power of computer graphics when it invented the graphics processing unit (GPU) in 1999. Since then, it has consistently set new standards in visual computing with breathtaking, interactive graphics available on devices ranging from portable media players to notebooks to workstations. NVIDIA's expertise in programmable GPUs has led to breakthroughs in parallel processing which make supercomputing inexpensive and widely accessible. Fortune magazine has ranked NVIDIA #1 in innovation in the semiconductor industry for two years in a row. For more information, see http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni