NVIDIA 3D Vision Makes The Undead Come Alive At Johnny Ramone Charity Event
Attendees to Experience Resident Evil 5 with NVIDIA 3D Vision While Watching the World Premiere of "Night of the Living Dead" in 3D
SANTA CLARA, Calif.-Sept 28, 2009-Zombies, blood and brains will be on display in glorious 3D as the 5th Annual Johnny Ramone Tribute holds the world premiere screening of George Romero's classic horror film, Night of the Living Dead, in 3D on Oct. 3 at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery in Hollywood, Calif.
To heighten the festivities, NVIDIA® will showcase its award-winning 3D Vision stereoscopic 3D technology and give attendees a chance to play this year's hottest horror game, Resident Evil 5, to experience what it's like to have crazed zombies pop out of the computer screen.
The event will kick off at dusk with a showing of the full-length, 1977 Ramones concert, It's Alive, screened outdoors against a 24-foot mausoleum wall. Actress Rose McGowan (Grindhouse) will then introduce the world premiere of Night of the Living Dead in 3D. The event is open to the public for a $10 per person minimum donation, with proceeds benefiting the Johnny Ramone research fund at USC Westside Prostate Cancer Center. Gates open at 5:30 pm. Picnic dinners, drinks (including alcoholic ones), pillows, blankets and small chairs are permitted. Attendees will receive free commemorative 3D glasses upon entering.
Resident Evil 5 is the latest PC game to take advantage of NVIDIA 3D Vision technology, which transforms standard games into eye-popping, jump-out-of-your-seat, 3D experiences. Not only did its creator Capcom design "out-of-screen-effects" to scare the daylights out of gamers, they also rendered all of the game's cinematic cut-scenes with the same immersive 3D effect. The critics have raved about the game running on NVIDIA 3D Vision. Said Jeff Haynes of IGN.com, "Resident Evil 5 was designed to fully take advantage of 3D, [with] certain segments of the game piercing the digital 'fourth wall' with a sense of negative depth that is quite incredible."
"Night of the Living Dead was one of Johnny Ramone's top ten horror film favorites of all time," said John Cafiero, chief of staff of the Johnny Ramone Army, an official entity acting on behalf of the seminal punk rocker and his Estate preserving the icon's memory and legacy. "What better way to celebrate the world premiere of this incredible flick in 3D than to give people a virtual experience to fight the living dead in Resident Evil 5 in 3D on NVIDIA's latest gaming hardware."
For more information on NVIDIA 3D Vision, please visit: http://www.nvidia.com/3Dvision.
For more information on the 5th Annual Johnny Ramone Tribute event, please visit: http://www.johnnyramonearmy.com/5thannualJRATribute.html.
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) awakened the world to the power of computer graphics when it invented the graphics processing unit (GPU) in 1999. Since then, it has consistently set new standards in visual computing with breathtaking, interactive graphics available on devices ranging from portable media players to notebooks to workstations. NVIDIA's expertise in programmable GPUs has led to breakthroughs in parallel processing which make supercomputing inexpensive and widely accessible. Fortune magazine has ranked NVIDIA #1 in innovation in the semiconductor industry for two years in a row. For more information, see http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5's world evolves based on your decisions
- OnePlus Confirms: OnePlus 3T is being discontinued
- Final Fantasy VII Remake coming in 'next 2 to 3 years'
- Far Cry 5 release date announced with new trailer
- iPhone 9 to come in two OLED models - 5.28 and 6.46-inch
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017