OCZ Technology Announces Low-Voltage AMD Black Edition Memory with "AMD Overdrive" Performance
San Jose, Calif.-September 24, 2009-OCZ Technology Group, a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today expanded their lineup of DDR3 to include certified OCZ Black Edition 4GB kits for ultimate compatibility with AMD's next-generation Phenom® II processors. These modules excel on Black Edition platforms at ultra-low voltage, an ideal parameter for the latest highly efficient processors. OCZ's unique Black Edition Series is designed to be the ultimate upgrade for users who not only want to reap the benefits of high-frequency DDR3, but want a future-proof choice for their system.
"OCZ is excited to launch our new AMD Black Edition Ready Series which is designed specifically to work with AMD's OverDrive software utility," said Eugene Chang, Vice President of Product Management at the OCZ Technology Group. "The new OCZ Black Edition modules not only interact with AOD to overclock the memory, but also communicate with the BIOS to increase the frequency and performance of the memory controller. The result is a symbiotic relationship between memory and the rest of the system to unleash the full power of the Dragon Platform."
"We are thrilled to see OCZ develop the Black Edition modules exclusively for Socket AM3 platforms featuring AMD Phenom II processors," said Bob Grim, Director, Client Product Marketing, AMD. "By supporting AMD Black Edition Memory Profiles, OCZ enables overclockers to achieve higher levels of performance intelligently through dynamic profiles as opposed to simple, static SPD parameters." *
OCZ Black Edition kits are tested and qualified specifically for AMD's own "Black Edition" Phenom CPUs for ultimate performance and stability. Featuring the exclusive AMD OverDrive (AOD) feature, users can unleash the remote stored profiles when used with 790FX / 790GX motherboards, giving the cutting-edge with instant "plug and play" functionality. This highly advanced AOD feature detects your OCZ Black Edition RAM when used in conjunction with certified motherboards and processors, where the data is then sent to a remote AMD server to download the correct profiles and get your system up and running at its peak. Eliminating the need for manual overclocking, the AOD does all the work for you as you charge through your games and computing tasks.
OCZ Black Edition modules feature the high densities and blazing DDR3 speeds enthusiasts and gamers demand to make the most of the graphic-intensive PC titles and applications, and will be available as DDR3 PC3-12800 4GB kits operating at 1.65V. Each module comes with an exclusive AMD-branded XTC (Xtreme Thermal Convection) heatspreader and is backed by the industry-leading OCZ Lifetime Warranty and technical support for unparalleled peace of mind.
For more information on the OCZ AMD Black Edition memory, please visit our product pages here.
About OCZ Technology
OCZ Technology Group, a member of JEDEC, designs, develops and manufactures ground-breaking, high performance memory and computer components that set industry standards. OCZ products are the first choice for users needing high-reliability, ultra-high performance solutions. In 2007, PC Power & Cooling and Hypersonic PC were brought into the OCZ Technology Group, forming a well-rounded, highly innovative organization that places the company at the forefront of high-end computing. All of OCZ Technology Group's products are available through its worldwide network of distributors, online resellers and retail stores. For more information visit our website at http://www.ocztechnology.com.
Latest News Posts
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- Mulching is every time a good idea of tomato patio water storage ; bu
- as typically
- Bray assumed the lyrics we've been looking to check on ever since Jul
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- Mazda have eschewed amalgam but also cigarette lighter in powertrains
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines