QNAP Announces TS-509 Pro Turbo NAS - 5-bay hot-swappable, dual Giga LAN, 5TB NAS with Superior Performance for SMB and Enterprises
Sydney, Australia, 30 June 2008 - The leading storage solution provider QNAP Systems, Inc. today announced the new 5-bay TS-509 Pro Turbo NAS, the new generation all-in-one NAS server for SMB and enterprises. Powered by Intel Celeron 1.6GHz CPU, 1GB DDRII memory, the TS-509 Pro delivers superior performance for multiple business applications and intensive concurrent data access. The Linux OS and applications of the NAS are embedded in the flash DOM that higher stability is guaranteed. Moreover, the dual Gigabit LAN ports can be configured as Failover, Load balancing, or serving two different subnets which enables more deployment options in a business network environment. With versatile server features, best-in-class RAID data protection, and rock-solid hot swappable hard drive design, the TS-509 Pro brings business nowadays a truly new experience of instant data access and sharing, a protected mass storage, value-plus server features at the lowest maintenance cost.
"The TS-509 Pro Turbo NAS is designed for business users that require a NAS server of performance, capacity, features, and manageability. QNAP's powerful RAID protection feature helps modern business protect their valuable information assets and enhance secure data sharing over the network. We are confident that the TS-509 Pro is an ideal solution for them", said Mr. Kieren Kemm, Senior Product Manager from Bluechip InfoTech.
Moreover, a handy LCD panel is provided for "Touch-N-Go" PC-less RAID installation, displaying system information, and basic server configuration. The schedule power on/off and Wake on LAN features are available for IT administrators to flexibly manage the NAS server's up time and wake up the NAS in the local network remotely. Hard Disk Drive S.M.A.R.T (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) and comprehensive log system are offered to let server managers monitor the system closely.
The TS-509 Pro is equipped with unique Online RAID Capacity Expansion and Online RAID Level Migration which meet business and IT challenges of fast growing business. With Online RAID Capacity Expansion, users can select to purchase the most cost-effective hard drives for initial server setup and upgrade to larger ones in the future. With Online RAID Level Migration, users can start from one drive firstly and add more to upgrade the RAID level in the future with the data retained.
The TS-509 Pro supports versatile server functions, e.g. File server, FTP server, printer server (max. 3 sets), DDNS support, Web server with built-in phpMyAdmin, Joomla, MySQL/ SQLite, editable php.ini, MySQL server, UPnP/DLNA media streaming (built-in TwonkyMedia server), iTunes server for music sharing, HTTP/FTP/BT download server etc. All these server functions can be shared among different users across Linux, UNIX, Mac, and Windows platforms. Users can make use of the encrypted remote replication and backup to external devices features for extra data protection. Various data storage and management mechanisms- FTP server with SSL/TLS encrypted technology, SSH login, and web page SSL login are provided for secure data transfer and access.
The TS-509 Pro is an ideal storage solution for SMB and enterprises.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance