QNAP Announces TS-509 Pro Turbo NAS - 5-bay hot-swappable, dual Giga LAN, 5TB NAS with Superior Performance for SMB and Enterprises
Sydney, Australia, 30 June 2008 - The leading storage solution provider QNAP Systems, Inc. today announced the new 5-bay TS-509 Pro Turbo NAS, the new generation all-in-one NAS server for SMB and enterprises. Powered by Intel Celeron 1.6GHz CPU, 1GB DDRII memory, the TS-509 Pro delivers superior performance for multiple business applications and intensive concurrent data access. The Linux OS and applications of the NAS are embedded in the flash DOM that higher stability is guaranteed. Moreover, the dual Gigabit LAN ports can be configured as Failover, Load balancing, or serving two different subnets which enables more deployment options in a business network environment. With versatile server features, best-in-class RAID data protection, and rock-solid hot swappable hard drive design, the TS-509 Pro brings business nowadays a truly new experience of instant data access and sharing, a protected mass storage, value-plus server features at the lowest maintenance cost.
"The TS-509 Pro Turbo NAS is designed for business users that require a NAS server of performance, capacity, features, and manageability. QNAP's powerful RAID protection feature helps modern business protect their valuable information assets and enhance secure data sharing over the network. We are confident that the TS-509 Pro is an ideal solution for them", said Mr. Kieren Kemm, Senior Product Manager from Bluechip InfoTech.
Moreover, a handy LCD panel is provided for "Touch-N-Go" PC-less RAID installation, displaying system information, and basic server configuration. The schedule power on/off and Wake on LAN features are available for IT administrators to flexibly manage the NAS server's up time and wake up the NAS in the local network remotely. Hard Disk Drive S.M.A.R.T (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) and comprehensive log system are offered to let server managers monitor the system closely.
The TS-509 Pro is equipped with unique Online RAID Capacity Expansion and Online RAID Level Migration which meet business and IT challenges of fast growing business. With Online RAID Capacity Expansion, users can select to purchase the most cost-effective hard drives for initial server setup and upgrade to larger ones in the future. With Online RAID Level Migration, users can start from one drive firstly and add more to upgrade the RAID level in the future with the data retained.
The TS-509 Pro supports versatile server functions, e.g. File server, FTP server, printer server (max. 3 sets), DDNS support, Web server with built-in phpMyAdmin, Joomla, MySQL/ SQLite, editable php.ini, MySQL server, UPnP/DLNA media streaming (built-in TwonkyMedia server), iTunes server for music sharing, HTTP/FTP/BT download server etc. All these server functions can be shared among different users across Linux, UNIX, Mac, and Windows platforms. Users can make use of the encrypted remote replication and backup to external devices features for extra data protection. Various data storage and management mechanisms- FTP server with SSL/TLS encrypted technology, SSH login, and web page SSL login are provided for secure data transfer and access.
The TS-509 Pro is an ideal storage solution for SMB and enterprises.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's new M.2 NVMe PCIe-based SSD capable of 2.2GB/sec reads
- Local piracy rates heavily influence Netflix's pricing in the region
- 'Furious 7' races past $1B at the worldwide box office
- Study: Iran increasing cyberattacks, developing new cyber arsenal
- US Air Force testing 3D glasses to more accurately pick targets
- Advice for Asrock N68C-GS4FX
- AsRock H67M-ITX PCIe port not working
- B85M-ITX cannot boot with usb hard drive attached
- Strontium Nitro iDrive 64GB iOS Flash Drive Review
- My new cpu only shows 1 core in bios and 2 in windows but its a quad core
- OWC Viper Pro Thunderbolt External SSD Premieres at NAB 2015
- HP Introduces WS Storage Advancement, Mobile WS and Professional Displays
- NEC Introduces Two New AccuSync LED-backlit Monitors
- BIOSTAR Releases the H81MDC-LSP Motherboard
- HGST Ships NVM Express Compliant Solid-State Drives