HighPoint Announces Industry's First 24-port PCI-Express 2.0 SAS/SATA RAID Controller at IDF 2009 PCI-Express Community
Sans Francisco, CA (September 21, 2009) HighPoint Technologies is announcing the industry's First PCI-Express 2.0 x8 lane 24-port SAS/SATA RAID host adapter at IDF 2009. The RocketRAID 4460 marks a major breakthrough in the industry by fully leveraging the PCI-Express 2.0 performance with 24-ports on a single host adapter. The high port count RocketRAID 4460 efficiently aggregates a large number of direct attached storage devices to realistically reach the maximum bandwidth of PCI-Express 2.0.
The RocketRAID 4460 is designed to deliver high performance and robust RAID features. It includes the Intel 1200MHz IOP348 I/O Processor, a 1GB DDR2-533 memory architecture upgradeable to 4GB, an optional battery backup module and PCI-Express x8 link host interface bus interconnection. The six SFF-8087 connectors and 1 SFF-8088 external connector are scalable to a maximum of 128 SAS and SATA devices.
The RocketRAID 4460 provides RAID levels 0, 1, 10, 3, 5, 6, 50, Single Disk or JBOD for maximum configuration flexibility. Comprehensive operating systems support includes Windows, Linux with in kernel support, FreeBSD, Mac OS X and key system monitoring features for enclosure management (SES2, SMP & SGPIO). RAID management utilities include the Web GUI, CLI (command line interface and the Firmware utility (pre-OS RAID Management) and the independent RAID module onboard.
HighPoint TerabyteArchitecture provides the robust RAID technology suite designed to achieve highly sustained performance and advance data protection to achieve business continuity. TerabyteStream is an intelligent algorithm delivering maximum sustained performance by dynamically detecting I/O streams leveraging a powerful I/O processor with onboard cache. TerabyteGuard is a selection of security features designed to maintain RAID integrity via routine inspection of storage hardware for defects induced by wear and tear. TerabyteSaver will maximize the rate of data recovery and prevents data loss in the event of unexpected failures; ensuring data availability and business continuity.
Product Pricing and Availability
The MSRP for the RocketRAID 4460 is $1699. The retail packaging includes the RocketRAID 4460 controller, (6) SFF-8087 cables, quick installation guide and software CD. It is available now through channel distribution partners (Bell Micro, D and H, MaLabs and ASI)
Latest News Posts
- These seven new Pokemon are quite...interesting
- Bill Gates initially hated the proposal for Xbox
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update released date confirmed
- NVIDIA Shield update adds support for Netflix HDR, Plex, Dolby Atmos
- eBay's new flash sale is perfect for extra Steam Summer Sale savings
- Insight Needed for RAM upgrade issue.
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- How will windows 10 affect my D, E and F drives?
- Updated BIOS on E3C226D2I now can't boot from USB
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card