HighPoint Announces Industry's First 24-port PCI-Express 2.0 SAS/SATA RAID Controller at IDF 2009 PCI-Express Community
Sans Francisco, CA (September 21, 2009) HighPoint Technologies is announcing the industry's First PCI-Express 2.0 x8 lane 24-port SAS/SATA RAID host adapter at IDF 2009. The RocketRAID 4460 marks a major breakthrough in the industry by fully leveraging the PCI-Express 2.0 performance with 24-ports on a single host adapter. The high port count RocketRAID 4460 efficiently aggregates a large number of direct attached storage devices to realistically reach the maximum bandwidth of PCI-Express 2.0.
The RocketRAID 4460 is designed to deliver high performance and robust RAID features. It includes the Intel 1200MHz IOP348 I/O Processor, a 1GB DDR2-533 memory architecture upgradeable to 4GB, an optional battery backup module and PCI-Express x8 link host interface bus interconnection. The six SFF-8087 connectors and 1 SFF-8088 external connector are scalable to a maximum of 128 SAS and SATA devices.
The RocketRAID 4460 provides RAID levels 0, 1, 10, 3, 5, 6, 50, Single Disk or JBOD for maximum configuration flexibility. Comprehensive operating systems support includes Windows, Linux with in kernel support, FreeBSD, Mac OS X and key system monitoring features for enclosure management (SES2, SMP & SGPIO). RAID management utilities include the Web GUI, CLI (command line interface and the Firmware utility (pre-OS RAID Management) and the independent RAID module onboard.
HighPoint TerabyteArchitecture provides the robust RAID technology suite designed to achieve highly sustained performance and advance data protection to achieve business continuity. TerabyteStream is an intelligent algorithm delivering maximum sustained performance by dynamically detecting I/O streams leveraging a powerful I/O processor with onboard cache. TerabyteGuard is a selection of security features designed to maintain RAID integrity via routine inspection of storage hardware for defects induced by wear and tear. TerabyteSaver will maximize the rate of data recovery and prevents data loss in the event of unexpected failures; ensuring data availability and business continuity.
Product Pricing and Availability
The MSRP for the RocketRAID 4460 is $1699. The retail packaging includes the RocketRAID 4460 controller, (6) SFF-8087 cables, quick installation guide and software CD. It is available now through channel distribution partners (Bell Micro, D and H, MaLabs and ASI)
Latest News Posts
- GameStop: Gamers won't have as many console bundles in 2015
- North Korea denies hacking South Korean nuclear power company
- 3D Robotics releases DroneKit open source API for app development
- UNICEF launches Kid Power campaign utilizing wearables
- US government wasting plenty of money on drones, with little oversight
- Z68 bios update to 2.2 no win boot.. where is old bios (1.40)
- KLevv Genuine 2666MHz DDR3 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- X99 USB3.0 boot loop / general USB issues (Gaming 7 WIFI)
- 970 pro3+ crazy temps
- Using two different ram kits together
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi