Introducing the Thecus® N2200 NAS
The most energy-saving and silent two-bay NAS solution yet
09/21/2009 - Storage leader Thecus® Technology has been making technology accessible to as many people as possible through smart design and friendly features. Beginning with the classic N2100, Thecus® has made it possible for NAS technology to find its way into the mainstream. Today, Thecus® is pleased to introduce the N2200 NAS Server, our friendliest, most affordable two-bay NAS yet.
The N2200 is ideal for storing your entire collection of digital media. With capacity for two 3.5" SATA hard disks, the N2200 can easily accommodate up to 4TB of storage. For added flexibility, the N2200 is equipped with combo disk bays, which means it can also accommodate 2.5" SATA hard disks! To keep your data safe, the N2200 also offers several RAID modes including RAID 0, 1 and JBOD. If you need to change out your hard disks, the N2200's hot swap, hot plug, and auto-rebuild capabilities make swapping out hard disks a snap. Wondering how your N2200 is doing? Get system status updates at-a-glance with the N2200's easy-to-read LCD, which displays intuitive icons to show you system information including hard drive access, LAN connectivity, and USB copy status. And because high tech shouldn't mean high difficulty, the N2200 even comes with a handy Thecus® Smart Utility that not only backs up your files, but also allows you to install the N2200 with a single click! Managing your own NAS server just doesn't get easier than this.
But the N2200 is a lot more than mere storage - it also comes with a bevy of friendly features to make it the center of your digital lifestyle. Included with the N2200 is an upgraded Download Manager, which not only supports HTTP and FTP downloads, but also BitTorrent and eMule as well! With the new download manager, the N2200 can handle virtually all of your downloads for you during off-peak hours, allowing you to save bandwidth during the day. New to the N2200 is dual cam support, which enables you to connect both IP cams and USB webcams to it to assemble your very own simple surveillance server. In addition to this, the N2200 comes with full multimedia support, with an iTunes server, Photo Web Server, and even media streaming via uPNP, making it a wonderful addition to the living room. The N2200 is also very energy efficient, consuming considerably less power than a full on PC, and operates super-silently so you won't even know it's there. Best of all, the N2200 brings all of these great features in a very affordable package.
"The N2200 breaks new ground in the two-bay value NAS segment with its terrific features and ease-of-use," said Thecus® General Manager Florence Shih. "This is a great unit for first-time users to experience the fun and convenience of Thecus® NAS technology."
Easy to use, easy to love. Get to know the Thecus® N2200.
For more information on Thecus, go to:
Thecus® Technology Corp. specializes in IP Storage Server solutions, including Network Attached Storage (NAS) , DAS, External Storage and Wireless Media NAS (Bank ) products. The company was established in 2004 with the mission to make technology as transparent and easy-to-use as possible, and to make products that are not only the best on the market, but are accessible to experts and novices alike. With a best-in-class R&D team highly experienced in storage hardware and Linux software and with a keen customer focus, Thecus® stays close to the market to develop high-quality products to fulfill the storage Server needs of today's world.
Latest News Posts
- How the PS4 Neo and Xbox Scorpio are frustrating and confusing gamers
- Nintendo explains why its so secretive about the NX console
- Final 'Star Trek: Beyond' trailer peaks at the right time
- Microsoft's new tool fixes Start Menu issues in Windows 10
- Overwatch dethrones League of Legends in Korean PC bang rankings
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G - Silent Gaming Major OC Headroom
- New Gaming Build - Looking fro feedback
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines