Vuzix Launches Stylish Wrap 310 Widescreen Video Eyewear
Newly updated, sunglass-style form factor improves comfort and style while delivering true 16 x 9 widescreen video
Experience the technology first hand at the 2009 ShowStoppers for the Digital Holidays September 16th in New York and the 2009 Tokyo Games Show September 24th - 27th
Rochester, NY - September 15, 2009 - Vuzix Corporation, the leader in video eyewear for the consumer, defense and low vision markets, is thrilled to launch the Wrap 310. The game-changing Wrap 310 challenges the status quo of traditional video viewing devices by looking and feeling like normal sunglasses. The Wrap 310 will feature twin high-resolution video displays, project a 55-inch screen and include removable noise isolating earphones. Powered for up to 6 hours on just 2 AA batteries, the Wrap 310 will accept video from almost any video player, including the iPod and iPhone.
Whether you are an executive business traveler or want an immersive console gaming experience, the Wrap 310 will get the job done in style. With composite video input and optional VGA and component compatibility adapters, the Wrap 310 is the most versatile pair of video eyewear on the market. Additionally, as the first video eyewear designed for upgradeability, the Wrap 310 will feature an expansion port designed to provide the product with near limitless compatibility. In addition to the soon to be available VGA and Component adapters, Vuzix has plans for exciting accessories designed to keep the Wrap 310 on the cutting edge.
Please see a complete list of compatible devices below.
"The Wrap 310 is the first device to merge the look of video eyewear and traditional sunglasses into one," said Vuzix CEO, Paul Travers. "We are excited to be a part of the mobile video revolution and are thrilled to be globally unveiling the Wrap 310 at Showstoppers for the Digital Holidays and the Tokyo Game Show," added Travers.
The Wrap 310 also features an improved on-screen user interface, included independent focus adjustments for users with corrective lenses and still features compatibility with all major 3D video formats. Users now have the option to select various lens colors to personalize their Wrap 310.
Compatible Devices Include:
All iPod/iPhone models
Portable DVD players
Mobile phones with video output
PCs and laptops*
Portable media players
*Requires VGA output
2009 Tokyo Game Show Information:
September 24 - 27 2009, 10am - 5pm, Tokyo Time Zone
About Vuzix Corporation
Vuzix Corporation manufactures and sells video eyewear for the entertainment, defense, industrial and low vision medical markets. Vuzix products provide users with a portable and private big screen experience that can be used practically anywhere, anytime. Currently Vuzix produces the broadest range of video eyewear solutions in each of its various markets, including 3D video, virtual and augmented reality solutions. The company is revolutionizing the personal display industry and aims to continue to create mobile products that can enrich both the personal and work lives of its customers. Vuzix has won eight CES Innovations Awards since 2005, the 2008 RetailVision Best New Product - Hardware Award, the awards for the 2006 Frost & Sullivan Technology Innovation of the Year Award for European Mobile & Wireless services and has been named the 12th fastest growing privately held company in Rochester, NY by the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle and awarded one of Inc. 500 magazines' fastest 5000 companies. Founded in 1997, Vuzix is a privately held company with offices in Rochester, NY, London, UK and Tokyo, Japan. For more information, please visit http://www.vuzix.com.
Latest News Posts
- VR will slowly trickle to mainstream market, says Oculus founder
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- CryEngine 3 used for interior rendering demo, and it looks amazing
- iPhone 6S to feature upgraded 4K-capable rear-facing camera, and more
- Star Citizen's social module launches alongside v1.2 patch
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20