Corsair® Dominator Memory achieves Intel® XMP Certification for Core i7-870 and Core i7-860 CPUs
FREMONT, Calif., Sept. 15, 2009 - Corsair®, a worldwide leader in high-performance computer memory, power supplies and flash memory products, including solid-state drives, today announced that both 4GB and 8GB Dominator memory solutions have passed Intel's XMP-Ready certification for the newly-introduced Core i7-870 and Core i7-860 CPUs.
The 8GB Dominator GT 1600MHz CAS 8 (CMD8GX3M4A1600C8) is part of Corsair's award-winning Dominator memory solutions. It is qualified and guaranteed to run at a frequency of 1600MHz with tight timings of 8-8-8-24 at a voltage of 1.65V. The 8GB solution features American Racing Blue fins and highlights to complement its unique combination of performance and density. The 4GB Dominator GT 1600MHz CAS 8 (CMD4GX3M2A1600C8) is also qualified and guaranteed to run at a frequency of 1600MHz with timings of 8-8-8-24 at a voltage of 1.65V. The 4GB memory kit is shipped with Dominator Black trim.
"Corsair is very excited about the launch of the Core i7-870 and Core i7-860, and has been highly focused on developing the ideal memory solutions for this exciting new platform," said Jim Carlton, VP of Marketing at Corsair. "These 4GB and 8GB performance memory kits are the first of many XMP-certified memory kits that Corsair is producing for the new dual-channel Core i7 CPUs."
This memory is currently listed as certified at Intel's Compatible Memory page, which can be found at http://www.intel.com/Consumer/Game/extreme-memory.htm.
About DHX+ Technology
Corsair's innovative DHX+ technology uses specially designed, high-quality heatsinks and a custom-designed PCB that allows both the front and rear of the memory ICs, and the printed circuit board itself, to be cooled. DHX+ technology also allows for the cooling fins to be removed, allowing for a range of modular cooling accessories including extended heatsink fins, the Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H30 water-block and Ice Series T30 thermo-electric cooler, which cools the memory up to 20°C below room temperature for maximum overclocking performance.
Founded in 1994, Corsair Memory, Inc., is a worldwide leader in high performance components for personal computers. Specializing in very high performance memory and ultra-efficient power supplies, our flagship products, Including Dominator memory modules, are the choice of overclockers, enthusiasts, and gamers everywhere. Our expertise in design and manufacturing is also evident in our complete line of Flash Voyager® and Flash Survivor USB storage devices. Corsair offers 24/7 customer support via forums and the Tech Support Express helpdesk. For more information, please visit http://www.corsair.com.
Copyright© 2009 Corsair. All rights reserved. Intel, Intel Core, Intel XMP, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks, and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Latest News Posts
- Dishonored 2 lets you play as Corvo or Emily, has dynamic endings
- New Watch Dogs 2 lead character reportedly leaked
- YouTube testing clean Material design
- Twitter stock falls to all-time low
- The Rock's alarm clock app inspires you to get up in the morning
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Asus F2A85-M won't go into BIOS
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience