XFX GeForce® GTX 200 Series Graphic Cards Offer a Total Immersive Experience
Real Life Isn't This Intense
Hong Kong, June 16, 2008 - In gaming, "reality" is one of those often over-used descriptors that falls short of, well, reality. Until now. XFX has released the ultimate gaming graphic cards: the XFX GeForce® GTX 280 and GeForce® GTX 260. Harnessing the power of second generation unified architecture, SLI technology and top-of-the-line DirectX 10 support, gaming "reality" has now become a truly in-your-face experience, delivered in blazing fast frame rates.
The real world is for lightweights compared to the experience delivered by the GeForce® GTX 280. Second generation NVIDIA® Unified Architecture delivers up to 50% more gaming performance (compared to the first generation) thanks to 240 enhanced processing cores and a GPU clock of 602 MHz that provide incredible graphics horsepower. The GeForce® GTX 260 is no slouch, either, with 192 processing cores and a GPU clock of 576 MHz.
Gamers will get pulled deeper into the 3D gaming experience thanks to NVIDIA's new PhysX technology that renders convincing facial expressions, multiple ultra-high polygon characters in complex environments and convincing physical effects like weather and explosions. Both cards come NVIDIA PhysX®-Ready, however NVIDIA Phys drivers are required to experience in-game PhysX acceleration.
Three-way NVIDIA SLI® Technology support ensures powerful performance scaling by implementing three-way Alternate Frame Rendering (AFR) for the world's fastest gaming solution under Windows Vista.
PCI Express 2.0 bus architecture offers the highest data transfer speeds for today's bandwidth-hungry games and 3D applications, and is backwards compatible with existing PCI Express motherboards.
NVIDIA CUDA technology and the new CUDA runtime for Windows Vista enables programmers to offload the most intensive processing tasks from their CPU to their graphic card, putting the power of up to 240 multi-threaded processor cores to work for you. From transcoding video or running Folding@home in the background while web surfing, the GeForce® GTX 200 Series deliver performance improvements of up to seven times of the traditional CPU.
HybridPower Technology, GigaThread Technology, Lumenex Engine, 16x Anti-aliasing Technology, and 128-bit floating point High Dynamic-Range (HDR) Lighting guarantees top-of-the-line performance right out of the box. OpenGL 2.1 support, Dual Dual-link DVI Support, PureVideo® HD Technology and dual-stream hardware acceleration rounds out the leading features.
To learn more about the XFX GeForce® GTX 280 and GeForce® GTX 260, go to http://www.xfxforce.com.
XFX is a global presence in the world of electronic gaming. With its focus on taking gaming to the extreme, XFX has developed an exciting array of video cards, motherboards and accessories that are designed to maximize the entire entertainment experience. A division of PINE Technologies, XFX operates its own manufacturing facility and maintains an R&D team that features some of the industry's most renowned talents. Learn more about XFX at http://www.xfxforce.com.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's Radeon Pro SSG handles 8K 96FPS, thanks to an on-board M.2 SSD
- AMD introduces Radeon Pro WX series, Polaris-based workstation cards
- Grand Theft Auto V's new mod pushes close to photo-realistic graphics
- Rare Boba Fett 'Star Wars' action figure sells for $34k at auction
- Nintendo NX will reportedly be unveiled soon, 'sounds' expensive
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio