GLOBALFOUNDRIES Appoints Vice President of Marketing
Industry veteran brings proven foundry leadership experience and extensive background in high-tech sales and marketing
SUNNYVALE, CA - September 10, 2009 - GLOBALFOUNDRIES today announced the appointment of Jim Ballingall as vice president of marketing. In this role, Ballingall will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing solutions and strategies to support the growth of GLOBALFOUNDRIES as it aims to reshape the landscape of the foundry industry.
"The core of the GLOBALFOUNDRIES brand comprises the sum of the unique value propositions that we create, promise, and deliver to our customers," said Jim Kupec, senior vice president of sales and marketing at GLOBALFOUNDRIES. "As we strive to deliver on our vision and become the world's first truly global foundry, Jim's proven foundry industry leadership and experience will help us develop and convey our unique value propositions to customers and stakeholders and position the company for optimal success, as we unlock our customers' potential to innovate and win."
Ballingall will be charged with creating a best-in-class foundry marketing organization and further growing the GLOBALFOUNDRIES brand and market share through offerings that are highly differentiated and leverage the company's unique strengths.
"As a new player in the foundry industry, GLOBALFOUNDRIES jumped on the scene this year with a unique and refreshing vision, plus a leadership position in time-to-volume, defect density, and leakage current control for the most advanced technologies. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is further differentiated by a design enablement model of in-depth collaboration at the design-process interface, simply unheard of in the foundry industry, to optimize our customers' product performance and yields at advanced technology nodes," Ballingall said. "GLOBALFOUNDRIES sets more than a new standard; we are initiating a new era in the foundry industry."
Prior to joining GLOBALFOUNDRIES, Ballingall was president of Ballingall Consulting, where he provided brand and marketing strategies, supply chain, and value building expertise to semiconductor and high-tech companies. Before that, as CEO, president and chairman of GetSilicon, he led a venture-backed semiconductor outsourced manufacturing solutions company before it successfully merged with E2open, a leading provider of solutions for supply chain and demand chain. Ballingall also has held strategic leadership positions at Marvell, UMC, Novellus and GE. Notably, while leading worldwide marketing at UMC, the foundry grew from a distant second place in market share to near parity with the market leader TSMC as its revenue soared four-fold to $3.2B.
Ballingall holds a bachelor's in engineering physics from the University of California, Berkeley, and both a master's and doctorate in applied physics from Cornell University.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world's first truly global leading-edge semiconductor manufacturing company. Launched in March 2009 through a partnership between AMD [NYSE: AMD] and the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC), GLOBALFOUNDRIES provides a unique combination of leading-edge technology, manufacturing excellence and global operations. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is headquartered in Silicon Valley with facilities in Austin, Dresden and New York.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung making next-gen 4K mobile displays with 800PPI
- HIS roars, launches their Radeon RX 500 series cards
- Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 30
- GTA V is teaching autonomous cars how to drive
- Twitch plans to rope YouTubers with new tip system
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- HDD is going bad. Best way to transfer to new HDD?
- Phanteks EVOLV MATX Micro-Tower Chassis Review
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club
- Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystem
- Razer expands the Razer Hammerhead v2 in-ear audio line with Bluetooth and iOS Lightning models
- MSI announces new thin and light GP62X and GP72X Leopard Pro Series gaming laptops
- EK is releasing Full-Cover water blocks for the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti