HD 4870 X2 FROM SAPPHIRE IS FASTEST EVER
SAPPHIRE Technology - the leading innovator of ATI-based graphics solutions for the PC - is now introducing the HD 4870 X2 - a new DUAL GPU graphics accelerator based on the successful HD 4870 and delivering the highest levels of graphics and gaming performance ever.
The SAPPHIRE HD 4870 X2 comprises two complete HD 4870 graphics systems on a single PCI-Express card connected by an on-board PCI Express Gen 2 bridge chip. Each GPU has 1MB of GDDR5 memory, making a total of 2GB on-board memory. Two Dual Link DVI outputs are provided as well as TV-Out. 3D applications such as games use both on-board GPU's together in CrossFire mode to deliver a single accelerated output on the Primary display only. In this mode, the new SAPPHIRE HD 4870 X2 delivers performance as good or better than two HD 4870 cards in CrossFire mode, making it the fastest performing single card available.
The SAPPHIRE HD 4870 X2 is implemented on a single ATX format PCI-Express card, with a fan assisted cooler making it a standard dual-slot configuration. This solution will have immediate appeal to performance users with only a single PCI-Express slot available. On a suitable PCI Express Gen 2.0 CrossFireX mainboard it is also possible to use two SAPPHIRE HD 4870 X2 cards in CrossFireX mode to provide even higher levels of performance.
The SAPPHIRE HD 4870 X2 incorporates the latest ATI Avivo HD Technology for enhanced Video display and features a second generation built in UVD (Unified Video decoder) for the hardware accelerated decoding of Blu-ray and HD DVD content for both VC-1 and H.264 codecs, as well as mpeg files, reducing CPU loading to a minimum. The SAPPHIRE HD 4870 X2 is HDCP ready and is compatible with the latest High Definition displays. Like other HD 4800 series products it also supports HDMI over the DVI interface with the correct HDMI Adapter.
All SAPPHIRE's current graphics cards are Microsoft Windows Vista certified and supported by the ATI Catalyst suite of software, ensuring customers have easy and ongoing access to software updates for performance, stability and added features.
SAPPHIRE HD 4870 X2 Specification Summary
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Red Dead 2 delay won't interrupt future Rockstar games
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017