Noctua presents NH-U12P SE2 cooler with LGA1156 support
Vienna, August 31st 2009 - Noctua today presented the latest version of its successful NH-U12P series of premium quality quiet CPU coolers. The new NH-U12P SE2 now supports Intel's upcoming LGA1156 based Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" CPUs while maintaining compatibility with LGA1366,
LGA775 and AM3 processors. Like the SE1366 version, the NH-U12P SE2 offers a premium value package with Noctua NT-H1 thermal compound and two NF-P12 120mm fans.
"Users loved our LGA1366 special edition of the NH-U12P cooler, but many asked whether they could get the same premium package with dual fans for other sockets as well", explains Mag. Roland Mossig, Noctua CEO. "We thought that the impending launch of Intel's new Lynnfield CPUs would be a great opportunity to come up with a new special edition that not only supports the new socket but also offers the multi-socket compatibility of the original NH-U12P, so the NH-U12P SE2 was born."
Building on the success of the original NH-U12P as well as the NH-U12P SE1366, which have received more than 150 awards and recommendations from the international press, the new NH-U12P SE2 continues the NH-U12P series' legacy of superb quiet cooling. Like the SE1366 model, the new NH-U12P SE2 comes with two of Noctua's renowned NF-P12 premium fans for further improved performance.
By using Noctua's newest SecuFirm2 multi-socket mounting system, the NH-U12P SE2 doesn't only add support for the new LGA1156 socket, but also offers full compatibility with Intel's LGA1366 and LGA775 as well as AMD's AM2, AM2+ and AM3 sockets. As users have come to expect from Noctua's SecuFirm2 systems, the NH-U12P SE2's mounting combines outstanding reliability, optimal contact pressure and easy, straightforward installation.
Price and availability
The NH-U12P SE2 will be available in stores in mid September at a recommended retail price of EUR 56.90 / USD 64.90.
Designed in Austria, Noctua's premium cooling components are internationally renowned for their superb quietness, exceptional performance and thoroughgoing quality. Having received more than 1000 awards and recommendations from leading hardware websites and magazines, Noctua's fans and heatsinks are chosen by more than a hundred thousand satisfied customers around the globe.
Latest News Posts
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- Batman: Arkham Knight PC update reduces framerate hitching
- Fallout 4 mod fixes compass glitch caused by Crimson Edition driver
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS