Super Talent Develops Green DDR3 Memory
Eco-Friendly DDR3 DIMM with Ultra-Slim Package Saves Energy, Materials, Shipping Costs
San Jose, California - August 26, 2009 - Super Talent Technology, a leading manufacturer of Flash storage solutions and DRAM memory modules, developed a new line of green DDR3 modules that use 38% less PCB material and 47% less packaging material than the company's standard DDR3 DIMMs.
In this product line Super Talent has taken two major steps toward developing more eco-friendly DRAM. Using JEDEC standard schematics Super Talent developed very low profile (VLP) DDR3 unbuffered DIMMs for use in standard DDR3 based x86 motherboards. These DIMMs use 38% less FR4 material, which is the fiber glass epoxy substrate most PCBs are made of, and one-third less copper. These DIMMs have already been tested exhaustively with a variety of hardware and software to ensure they meet Super Talent's rigid quality standards, and are backed with Super Talent's lifetime warranty.
Super Talent also redesigned their package for these green DIMMs to use about half as much plastic in a clamshell that occupies 57% less volume. These reductions in material usage result in a packaged module that weighs 35% less than a standard DDR3 packaged DIMM, which translates to significant savings in shipping costs.
"Our goal with these green DDR3 DIMMs is to offer a greener memory choice for regular desktops that uses less raw materials, produces less industrial waste and consumes less fuel to transport with absolutely no tradeoffs in functionality or price", explained Super Talent Director of Marketing, Joe James. "When multiplied by the hundreds of thousands of memory modules we produce monthly, this can have an enormous environmental impact." Super Talent's first green 1066 and 1333 MHz 1GB and 2GB DIMMs will begin shipping in September.
About Super Talent Technology
Super Talent Technology Corporation based in San Jose, California, designs and manufactures a full range of DDR, DDR2, and DDR3 memory modules and Flash based storage devices for computers and consumer electronics. An ISO 9001 certified company, Super Talent utilizes its state-of-the-art factories and leading-edge components to produce award winning products with outstanding reliability. Super Talent is an active member of the JEDEC and ONFI standards bodies. With over 250 patents, the company was ranked 38th in the 2008 Wall Street Journal's Patent ScorecardTM for the IT industry.
Latest News Posts
- System Shock Remastered renamed System Shock, is now a reboot
- Woman wins $10,000 in forced Windows 10 upgrade case
- Design your own AI with this online training
- AMD's next-gen AM4 socket pictured on the ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Impact
- Tesla inks $9 billion deal to build a new factory in China
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines