Super Talent Develops Green DDR3 Memory
Eco-Friendly DDR3 DIMM with Ultra-Slim Package Saves Energy, Materials, Shipping Costs
San Jose, California - August 26, 2009 - Super Talent Technology, a leading manufacturer of Flash storage solutions and DRAM memory modules, developed a new line of green DDR3 modules that use 38% less PCB material and 47% less packaging material than the company's standard DDR3 DIMMs.
In this product line Super Talent has taken two major steps toward developing more eco-friendly DRAM. Using JEDEC standard schematics Super Talent developed very low profile (VLP) DDR3 unbuffered DIMMs for use in standard DDR3 based x86 motherboards. These DIMMs use 38% less FR4 material, which is the fiber glass epoxy substrate most PCBs are made of, and one-third less copper. These DIMMs have already been tested exhaustively with a variety of hardware and software to ensure they meet Super Talent's rigid quality standards, and are backed with Super Talent's lifetime warranty.
Super Talent also redesigned their package for these green DIMMs to use about half as much plastic in a clamshell that occupies 57% less volume. These reductions in material usage result in a packaged module that weighs 35% less than a standard DDR3 packaged DIMM, which translates to significant savings in shipping costs.
"Our goal with these green DDR3 DIMMs is to offer a greener memory choice for regular desktops that uses less raw materials, produces less industrial waste and consumes less fuel to transport with absolutely no tradeoffs in functionality or price", explained Super Talent Director of Marketing, Joe James. "When multiplied by the hundreds of thousands of memory modules we produce monthly, this can have an enormous environmental impact." Super Talent's first green 1066 and 1333 MHz 1GB and 2GB DIMMs will begin shipping in September.
About Super Talent Technology
Super Talent Technology Corporation based in San Jose, California, designs and manufactures a full range of DDR, DDR2, and DDR3 memory modules and Flash based storage devices for computers and consumer electronics. An ISO 9001 certified company, Super Talent utilizes its state-of-the-art factories and leading-edge components to produce award winning products with outstanding reliability. Super Talent is an active member of the JEDEC and ONFI standards bodies. With over 250 patents, the company was ranked 38th in the 2008 Wall Street Journal's Patent ScorecardTM for the IT industry.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's Q2 2016 profits are the largest in over two years
- New details emerge on Samsung Galaxy Note 7, new Gear VR headset
- Quake is being remade in Unreal Engine 4, and it could be awesome
- Xiaomi is rumored to announce a VR headset on August 1
- Farming Simulator 2017 gameplay trailer released
- Can't use Google maps
- Main GA Z97X UD5H BK cannot boot with VGA R9 280X
- Z170 Deluxe Help Setup with RAID10 + SSD for OS
- C2750D4i no POST turns off after couple of seconds
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio