BIONIC COMMANDO TO INCLUDE NVIDIA PHYSX TECHNOLOGY
CAPCOM, GRIN, and NVIDIA Join Forces to Heighten Realism in the Upcoming Game Title
SINGAPORE - AUGUST 12, 2008 - CAPCOM Co., Ltd., GRIN Entertainment, and NVIDIA® Corporation (Nasdaq:NVDA), the world leader in visual computing technologies, today jointly announced that CAPCOM's upcoming Bionic Commando video game will use GPU-accelerated NVIDIA PhysX technology to enhance the game's debris, smoke, dust, and weapon effects. Bionic Commando, which will be released by GRIN in early 2009, is one of many titles to take advantage of NVIDIA PhysX technology, interactive entertainment's most pervasive physics engine.
"CAPCOM is extremely excited to work with GRIN to bring the world-class franchise of Bionic Commando into the 21st century," said Ben Judd, producer of Bionic Commando at CAPCOM. "CAPCOM has also always been strong partners with NVIDIA and with Bionic Commando we are taking things to a new level by adding GPU-accelerated PhysX to increase the title's realism."
"Physics is changing the industry. We evaluated all of the commercial physics systems out there for gaming, and the choice was easy," said Bo Andersson, CEO at GRIN Entertainment. "NVIDIA PhysX runs faster than other solutions and it works across PCs and consoles, which is important to us because Bionic Commando will ship on all major platforms. We believe PhysX will help make the game seem even more lifelike and immersive."
With NVIDIA PhysX, the world literally comes to life: walls can be torn down, trees bend in the wind, and water flows with body and force. PhysX technology harnesses the power of the CPU as well as any CUDA general-purpose parallel computing processor, including any NVIDIA GeForce® 8 Series or higher GPU, to handle 10-20 times more visual complexity than what's possible on today's traditional PC platforms. Unlike competitive solutions which do not offer hardware scaling capability, only PhysX technology can leverage the best of both CPU and GPU architectures to deliver the ultimate, immersive, end user experience.
"The gaming industry and gamers themselves are excited to see the return of Bionic Commando. The addition of physics effects using PhysX technology is going to add a huge amount of extra fun and depth to the game play," said Roy Taylor, vice president of content development at NVIDIA. "We can't wait to see what the talented team at CAPCOM and GRIN can create using the NVIDIA PhysX technology and hands-on support from our developer technology team."
NVIDIA PhysX technology, interactive entertainment's most pervasive physics engine, is included in more than 140 shipping titles for Sony Playstation 3, Microsoft Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, and the PC. For more information on NVIDIA PhysX technology, please visit: http://www.nzone.com/physx.
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce® products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. NVIDIA's inaugural NVISION 08 conference will be held August 25-27, 2008 in San Jose, California. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com and http://www.nvision2008.com.
Latest News Posts
- iOS 9 now has Tweetbot 4 support on iPad and iPhone
- Helpful Chrome extension lets you play GIFs in Google Search
- Team manager sets out to create eSports player union
- Elon Musk wasn't joking about this plan to 'nuke Mars'
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog