Noctua provides free upgrade for LGA1156
Vienna, August 18th 2009 - Noctua today announced the impending availability of its new NM-I3 SecuFirm2 mounting kit that adds support for Intel's upcoming LGA1156 based Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" CPUs.
Compatible with all Noctua CPU coolers since 2005, the new SecuFirm2 kit will be supplied to Noctua users free of charge after uploading a proof of purchase on Noctua's website.
"Back in 2006 when AMD introduced the AM2 socket, we started providing free mounting kits because we think that product and service quality should always go hand in hand", explains Mag. Roland Mossig, Noctua CEO.
"We've continued this tradition when Intel presented LGA1366 and we'll stick to our policy for LGA1156 as well. We always like to think of our coolers as safe long-term investments, and even if you bought one of our first models four years ago, you'll still be able to upgrade it to the latest socket technology free of charge."
Designed to combine outstanding reliability, optimal contact pressure and easy, straightforward installation, Noctua's enthusiast-grade SecuFirm2 mounting systems meet the highest demands in safety, performance and ease-of-use. The new NM-I3 kit supports the upcoming LGA1156 based Core i5 and Core i7 (Lynnfield) CPUs as well as socket LGA1366 and LGA775 processors, thus also serving as the successor of the previous upgrade kit for LGA1366.
The new NM-I3 kit is backwards compatible with all Noctua CPU coolers since 2005 and can be ordered free of charge via Noctua's website. A proof of purchase (photo, scan or screenshot of the invoice) of both a Noctua CPU cooler and either a socket 1156 mainboard or socket 1156 CPU are required. The new mounting kit will also be available in stores at a low service charge.
Designed in Austria, Noctua's premium cooling components are internationally renowned for their superb quietness, exceptional performance and thoroughgoing quality. Having received more than 1000 awards and recommendations from leading hardware websites and magazines, Noctua's fans and heatsinks are chosen by more than a hundred thousand satisfied customers around the globe.
Latest News Posts
- ARK: Survival Evolved receives new 'Survival of the Fittest' game mode
- It's Kirby's time to run around in Unreal Engine 4
- Justice is coming in our latest Blu-ray giveaway, thanks to Warner
- Sony says 1080p 60FPS 'makes a huge difference in any game'
- New monitors from Samsung wirelessly charge your Qi-capable smartphone
- Tesoro Kuven Pro Real 5.1 Gaming Headset Review
- New PC
- Asrock Z97 Extreme9 SLI and Intel 750 question
- Windows 7 - Original Software with Asus laptop
- Antec P70 Performance Series Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Futuremark Peacekeeper to be Discontinued
- Logitech Confirms FY 2016 Outlook with Q1 Sales of $470 Million
- Team Group Announces the MiDRIVE Storage Solution
- Microsoft Releases FY15 Q4 Results
- PNY Reveals the HP v210w 2.0 USB Flash Drive