Noctua provides free upgrade for LGA1156
Vienna, August 18th 2009 - Noctua today announced the impending availability of its new NM-I3 SecuFirm2 mounting kit that adds support for Intel's upcoming LGA1156 based Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" CPUs.
Compatible with all Noctua CPU coolers since 2005, the new SecuFirm2 kit will be supplied to Noctua users free of charge after uploading a proof of purchase on Noctua's website.
"Back in 2006 when AMD introduced the AM2 socket, we started providing free mounting kits because we think that product and service quality should always go hand in hand", explains Mag. Roland Mossig, Noctua CEO.
"We've continued this tradition when Intel presented LGA1366 and we'll stick to our policy for LGA1156 as well. We always like to think of our coolers as safe long-term investments, and even if you bought one of our first models four years ago, you'll still be able to upgrade it to the latest socket technology free of charge."
Designed to combine outstanding reliability, optimal contact pressure and easy, straightforward installation, Noctua's enthusiast-grade SecuFirm2 mounting systems meet the highest demands in safety, performance and ease-of-use. The new NM-I3 kit supports the upcoming LGA1156 based Core i5 and Core i7 (Lynnfield) CPUs as well as socket LGA1366 and LGA775 processors, thus also serving as the successor of the previous upgrade kit for LGA1366.
The new NM-I3 kit is backwards compatible with all Noctua CPU coolers since 2005 and can be ordered free of charge via Noctua's website. A proof of purchase (photo, scan or screenshot of the invoice) of both a Noctua CPU cooler and either a socket 1156 mainboard or socket 1156 CPU are required. The new mounting kit will also be available in stores at a low service charge.
Designed in Austria, Noctua's premium cooling components are internationally renowned for their superb quietness, exceptional performance and thoroughgoing quality. Having received more than 1000 awards and recommendations from leading hardware websites and magazines, Noctua's fans and heatsinks are chosen by more than a hundred thousand satisfied customers around the globe.
Latest News Posts
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis