Corsair® Launches World's Fastest High Capacity USB Flash Drive
- 128GB Voyager GT performance limited only by speed of USB 2.0 bus -
Fremont, CA. August 13th, 2009 - Corsair®, a worldwide leader in high-performance computer memory, power supplies and flash memory products, including solid-state drives, today announced the 128GB Flash Voyager GT, the world's fastest 128GB USB flash drive.
The newest Flash Voyager GT is based upon a revolutionary design that employs a unique dual-controller architecture to achieve SLC-levels of performance using MLC NAND flash memory. The 128GB Flash Voyager GT is able to achieve read speeds of up to 32MB/sec and write speeds of up to 25.6MB/sec, with the limiting factor effectively being the speed of the USB 2.0 bus and operating system overhead.
"High performance is a key requirement for super-high capacity flash drives, such as the 128GB Voyager GT, simply because it is able to store such a large volume of data," said John Beekley, the VP of Applications at Corsair. "The 128GB Voyager GT is nearly twice as fast as other high-capacity flash drives, which means less time waiting for your music, video or office files to copy to and from the drive."
The 128GB Flash Voyager GT also utilizes a durable and water-resistant rubber housing to protect the drive against accidental damage, and sports the racing-red 'GT' styling that is a trademark of Corsair's ultra high-performance products.
"The 128GB Flash Voyager GT is ideal for those who need access to a huge volume of data in a format that's convenient, durable and extremely fast," said Jim Carlton, VP of Marketing for Corsair. "The 128GB Flash Voyager GT can store massive video, photo and music libraries, yet it's less than half the size of a solid-state drive, effectively obsoleting less-reliable, portable mechanical hard disk drives."
The 128GB Flash Voyager GT is available immediately from Corsair's authorized distributors and resellers worldwide, and is backed by a 10-Year Limited Warranty. Complete customer support via telephone, email, forum and Tech Support Express is also available.
Founded in 1994, Corsair Memory, Inc., is a worldwide leader in high-performance components for personal computers. Specializing in very high performance memory and ultra-efficient power supplies, our flagship products, Including Dominator memory modules, are the choice of overclockers, enthusiasts, and gamers everywhere. Our expertise in design and manufacturing is also evident in our complete line of Flash Voyager® and Flash Survivor USB storage devices. Corsair offers 24/7 customer support via forums and the Tech Support Express helpdesk. For more information, please visit http://www.corsair.com
Latest News Posts
- Acer is welcoming a takeover of the company after share prices tumble
- HTC will have a 'limited number' of Vive VR headsets this year
- Microsoft announces that Forza Motorsport 6 has gone gold
- It looks like there were only 12,000 'real' women on Ashley Madison
- Tomb Raider goes mobile with turn-based puzzle game 'Lara Croft Go'
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20