BFG Tech Launches EX-1000 Power Supply, Available Exclusively in Best Buy Stores and Online at BestBuy.com
New modular energy efficient power supply earned an 80 PLUS BRONZE rating from 80plusgold.org
Lake Forest, IL - August 11, 2009 - BFG Technologies, a leading supplier of premium power supplies and 3D graphics cards, is excited to announce the new EX-1000, 1000 watt modular power supply. The EX Series ushers in a new approach to power supply design, utilizing BFG's proprietary Frequency Conversion Technology. Frequency Conversion Technology drastically improves low load efficiency by emulating a lower sized power supply. This allows the EX-1000 to remain at least 80% efficient, even with loads as low as 10% of the unit's maximum capacity. The EX power supplies have the lowest minimum load requirements and offer the best +5VSB efficiency on the market.
This remarkable performance netted EX-1000 the coveted 80 PLUS Bronze rating from http://www.80plusgold.org. The 80 PLUS performance specification requires multi-output computer and server power supplies to be 80% or greater energy efficient at 20%, 50% and 100% of rated load, with a true power factor of 0.9 or greater.
Of the 1627 power supplies currently certified to be 80 PLUS efficient, only 157 (less than 10%) are 1000W or greater, further distinguishing setting apart the EX-1000 from the competition. The EX-1000 was rated higher than the Cosair 1000W, an OCZ EliteXstream, a SilverStone OP1000, and two Enermax 1000W power supplies.
For additional information about the EX-1000 or other BFG Technologies products please visit , or contact PR representative Mark Olson at 305.576.1171 x17 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About BFG Tech
BFG Tech is a leading producer of award-winning power supplies and 3D graphics cards. In 2009, BFG Tech introduced Phobos high-performance gaming/home theater system- resetting the bar for enthusiast level PCs. The company was the first to offer round-the-clock free technical support and a true lifetime warranty on all of their graphics cards. BFG also was the first company to offer factory overclocked graphics cards as a standard offering, giving enthusiast consumers an increase in performance right out of the box. With these innovations and an unrivaled level of customer service, BFG quickly rose to #1 market share in the category, and to this day continues to enjoy a loyal customer base in the PC hardware space.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung announces huge 128GB DDR4 DIMMs for enterprise, data centers
- The9 pays $500 million for five-year Chinese exclusive on Cross Fire 2
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS