BFG Tech Launches EX-1000 Power Supply, Available Exclusively in Best Buy Stores and Online at BestBuy.com
New modular energy efficient power supply earned an 80 PLUS BRONZE rating from 80plusgold.org
Lake Forest, IL - August 11, 2009 - BFG Technologies, a leading supplier of premium power supplies and 3D graphics cards, is excited to announce the new EX-1000, 1000 watt modular power supply. The EX Series ushers in a new approach to power supply design, utilizing BFG's proprietary Frequency Conversion Technology. Frequency Conversion Technology drastically improves low load efficiency by emulating a lower sized power supply. This allows the EX-1000 to remain at least 80% efficient, even with loads as low as 10% of the unit's maximum capacity. The EX power supplies have the lowest minimum load requirements and offer the best +5VSB efficiency on the market.
This remarkable performance netted EX-1000 the coveted 80 PLUS Bronze rating from http://www.80plusgold.org. The 80 PLUS performance specification requires multi-output computer and server power supplies to be 80% or greater energy efficient at 20%, 50% and 100% of rated load, with a true power factor of 0.9 or greater.
Of the 1627 power supplies currently certified to be 80 PLUS efficient, only 157 (less than 10%) are 1000W or greater, further distinguishing setting apart the EX-1000 from the competition. The EX-1000 was rated higher than the Cosair 1000W, an OCZ EliteXstream, a SilverStone OP1000, and two Enermax 1000W power supplies.
For additional information about the EX-1000 or other BFG Technologies products please visit , or contact PR representative Mark Olson at 305.576.1171 x17 or email@example.com.
About BFG Tech
BFG Tech is a leading producer of award-winning power supplies and 3D graphics cards. In 2009, BFG Tech introduced Phobos high-performance gaming/home theater system- resetting the bar for enthusiast level PCs. The company was the first to offer round-the-clock free technical support and a true lifetime warranty on all of their graphics cards. BFG also was the first company to offer factory overclocked graphics cards as a standard offering, giving enthusiast consumers an increase in performance right out of the box. With these innovations and an unrivaled level of customer service, BFG quickly rose to #1 market share in the category, and to this day continues to enjoy a loyal customer base in the PC hardware space.
Latest News Posts
- 'Tetris' movie becomes a trilogy, we don't know why
- Twitter hires ex-Apple UI designer to lead its VR and AR division
- 4K UltraHD Blu-ray disc sales off to a roaring start
- Microsoft has made over 1 million Xbox One Elite Controllers
- WB delays Batman: Return to Arkham, devs need more time to polish
- USB speed differences between various motherboards and BIOSses
- Need help with pre-built/used GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 System
- AsRock Z87 extreme 6
- GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Deleted driver software
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card
- MSI readies B150M Mortar Arctic & B150M Bazooka Plus motherboards
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities