NASA's NEW HYPERWALL-2 SYSTEM IS BASED ON TYAN's THUNDER N6650W s2915
August 11th , 2008, CA - On June 25, 2008 NASA unveiled a new 128 screen hyperwall-2 which is capable of rendering one quarter billion pixel graphics and is the highest resolution scientific visualization system in the world. The 23 feet wide by 10 feet tall LCD wall are powered by 128 GPUs and 1,024 processor cores with 74 teraflops of peak processing power with a data storage capacity of 475 terabytes. The new tool enables NASAfs scientists and engineers to quickly explore and analyze large datasets that otherwise would take many months to years to analyze. The hyperwall-2 liquid crystal display is being used to view, analyze, and communicate results from NASAfs high-fidelity modeling and simulation projects supporting the safety of new space exploration vehicle designs, atmospheric re-entry analysis for the space shuttle, earthquakes, climate change, global weather and black hole collisions.
Designed and developed by the NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Division in partnership with Colfax International (www.colfax-intl.com) in Sunnyvale, CA, the 128 screen hyperwall-2 system is based on Tyanfs Thunder n6650W S2915 motherboards. gTyan and Colfax enjoy a longtime partnership and share a commitment to deliver advanced, innovative solutions for high-performance computing,h said Gautam Shah, CEO, Colfax International. gTyanfs S2915 is a stable and high performance motherboard, making it an ideal base platform for Colfax to build the NASA hyperwall-2 system.h
The S2915 offers the very best in 2P motherboard technology. Built for high-end workstation and high-end server applications, the S2915 supports dual AMD Opteron 2000 series processors (dual-core and quad-core), and includes a number of integrated features such as dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, 1394a FireWire, Audio, USB 2.0, and support for multiple PCI Express x16 graphics cards - up to four (4) can be installed at once! Other features include PCI-X, SATA2/3G with RAID, SAS, and much more, all in an eATX (12" x 13") form factor. For more information, please visit TYAN website: http://www.tyan.com
MiTAC Group (TSE:2315) operating IDMSiInnovation, Design, Manufacture, Servicejbusiness approaches for offering consolidate service to customers and users. MiTAC Groups is consisted of four important business unit, including CSBU (Consumer system Biz Unit), ESBU (Enterprise system Biz Unit), MBU (Mobil Communication Devices Biz Unit) and TBU (TYAN Business Unit). Tyan officially merged by MiTAC International Corporation in 2007 and has become one of the core business units of MiTAC, named TBU (Tyan Business Unit). MiTAC is heading to server platforms and Storage device industry with emerging MiTAC strength in IT industry with R&D, engineering, manufacturing, supplying chain, RMA and TYAN strength in R&D in high end server territory.
Tyan as a leading server brand under Mitac Group, designs, manufactures and markets advanced x86 and x86-64 server/workstation board technology platforms and server solution products. Its products are sold to OEMs, VARs, System Integrators, and Resellers worldwide for a wide range of applications. Tyan enables its customers to be technology leaders by providing scalable, highly-integrated, reliable products for a wide range of applications such as server appliances and solutions for high-performance computing, and server/workstation usage in markets such as CAD, DCC, E&P and HPC.
Latest News Posts
- 5G spec: 20Gbps down, 1 million devices per square km
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications