Verbatim Announces TUFF-'N'-TINY Line of Penny-thin USB Drives
Travel-tough USB Drives Provide PC, Mac and Linux Users with Up to 8GB of Removable Storage
CHARLOTTE, NC (August 11, 2009) - Verbatim(R) Americas, LLC an industry innovator in the data storage industry for 40 years, announced today its new ''TUFF-N-TINY family of ultra-portable USB drives with capacities of 4GB in emerald green
and 8GB in royal purple. Among the most compact, durable USB flash drives on
the market, the new TUFF-'N'-TINY drives measure about 1-inch long, one-half inch wide and are the thickness of a penny. Ideal for storing, backing up, sharing and transporting data and multimedia files, Verbatim TUFF-'N'-TINY USB Drives are available with retail prices starting as low as US$30.00.
With support for Windows(R), Mac(R) and Linux(R) systems, the TUFF-'N'-TINY USB Drives also provide true cross-platform compatibility and a convenient way to transfer files between systems. Verbatim's new travel-tough USB drives include a key ring lanyard that can be clipped on a key ring, PDA or cell phone to ensure that the user's data is always conveniently at hand.
The 8GB drive can be used to store nearly eight hours of MPEG-1 video, about 2,000 hours of MP3 music, about 4,000 300dpi color photos or 8GBs of personal and business files. The drive's ultra-portability makes it easy for students to carry research and project files from school to home and for business people to have current files with them wherever they go. The drive's small form factor, durability and high capacity will also appeal to videographers and photographers who want to collaborate with others on post-production projects and quickly move work from one system to another.
Verbatim TUFF-'N'-TINY USB Drives are significantly more portable and more rugged than standard flash drives because they feature SIP technology which encapsulates all of the electronic components into a single miniaturized and sealed unit.
As a result, the tiny drives are resistant to dust, water and static discharges.
For security conscious PC users, the TUFF-'N'-TINY USB Drives also include password security features to protect sensitive data in a user-defined private zone, while allowing a public zone for open access and sharing of non-sensitive content.
With support for Windows ReadyBoost, the TUFF-'N'-TINY USB Drive becomes a dual-purpose device for Windows Vista users who want to speed system performance by utilizing a portion of the device's unused flash memory.
A true Plug-and-Play device, the TUFF-'N'-TINY USB Drive can be easily connected through a USB 2.0 or USB 1.1 port of a desktop or notebook computer. The system automatically recognizes the drive as a new removable drive as soon as it is connected. Featuring a solid-state design (no moving parts) and non-volatile flash memory, the drives will retain data for 10 years or more.
Availability and Pricing
Designed for Windows Vista, XP or 2000; Mac OS 9.x or higher and Linux kernel 2.6x or higher, Verbatim TUFF-'N'-TINY USB Drives are available through Verbatim retail and distribution channels. Street prices are about US$29.99 for the 4GB drive and US$49.99 for the 8GB drive. The complete package includes the TUFF-'N'-TINY USB Drive, pre-loaded password security software for Windows systems, a key ring lanyard and a Quick Start Guide.
Verbatim's businesses in the Americas, Europe/Middle East/Africa and Asia Pacific regions are wholly owned subsidiaries of Tokyo-based Mitsubishi Kagaku Media Co., Ltd. MKM's parent company, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation (MCC), is Japan's largest chemical company.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS starts teasing the ROG MATRIX video cards are on their way
- Skylake-powered Retina MacBook models are on their way
- HTC co-founder gets a second job at a visual effects company
- Razer announces a new customizable Xbox One controller for $150
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20