Kingston Technology Releases SSDNow V+ Solid-State Drive
Higher Capacity, IOPS, Faster Read/Write Speeds in SSDNow V+
Fountain Valley, CA -- August 10, 2009 -- Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced a new addition to its SSDNow line of solid-state drives. Shipping immediately, the SSDNow V+ features capacities up to 256GB, higher input and output operations per second (IOPS) and faster read/write speeds than a standard mechanical hard-disk drive. It is targeted to prosumers and enterprise companies looking to increase performance and extend the life of existing systems.
"The SSDNow V+ is the ideal solid-state drive for power users, system builders, system integrators, and in demanding corporate environments where efficiency and performance are important as more system resources are in use," said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston®. "Users will be more productive as the drive's higher capacities and IOPS allow for more data storage and faster boot and application load times."
A computer's operating system will benefit from the drive's impressive random 4K read speeds of up to 6,300 IOPS, and random 4K writes of up to 291 IOPS. The Kingston SSDNow V+ has a blazing sequential read speed of up to 220MB/sec. and write speeds of up to 180MB/sec.
The V+ is the latest addition to the SSDNow family of solid-state drives. The V+ is currently available in the United States in 64GB, 128GB and 256GB capacities; the 64GB drive is available worldwide with increased capacities to come. It uses a standard SATA interface and is extremely durable with no moving parts and less heat generation than a typical hard-disk drive.
Kingston SSDNow V+ Features and Specifications:
Sequential Read Throughput*:
64GB, 128GB & 256GB - 220MB/sec.
Sequential Write Throughput*:
64GB - 140MB/sec.
128GB - 170MB/sec.
256GB - 180MB/sec.
IOPS (Input and Output Operations per Second)*:
Random 4K read - 6,300 IOPS
Random 4K write: 64GB - 84 IOPS
Random 4K write: 128GB - 158 IOPS
Random 4K write: 256GB - 291 IOPS
Form Factor: 2.5"
Interface: SATA 1.5Gb/sec. and 3.0Gb/sec.
Capacity**: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB
Supports S.M.A.R.T.: Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology
Storage temperatures: -40° C to 85° C
Operating temperatures: 0° C to 70° C
Dimensions: 69.85mm x 100mm x 9.5mm
Weight: 84 grams
Vibration operating: 2.7G
Vibration non-operating: 20G
Power specs: Active: 2.6W; Idle: 0.15W
Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
Operating Shock: 1500G
Guaranteed: backed by a three-year Kingston warranty, 24/7 tech support
* Based on internal testing across suite of benchmarks.
** Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. For more information, please consult Kingston's Flash Memory Guide at Kingston.com/Flash_Memory_Guide.
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. ("KDI") is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world's largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit http://www.kingston.com or call 800-337-8410.
Latest News Posts
- Counter Strike gets airtime on The Joe Rogan Experience
- A gamer shows us how to restart an iPhone with a text message
- Microsoft opens up cross-platform Office support for Android apps
- SpaceX will be able to launch US national security payloads into orbit
- Phanteks adds Titanium Green to its Enthoo Pro line of cases
- Mobo Software Question (SB X-Fi 7)
- Hounds Online: The Last Hope Released
- Board damaged by power supply?
- DVD drive seen in Windows 8.1 but not in BIOS
- ID-Cooling SE 214X CPU Cooler Review
- CoolIT Systems Successfully Deploys Liquid-Cooled Solution to Poznan Supercomputing & Networking Center in Partnership with Huawei and Itprojekt
- Technology Business Research joins executive roundtable addressing the business impact of data analysis
- Silicon Power Is Holding the 2015 Annual Exhibition in June
- Transcend to Showcase Car Video Recorders, Body Camera and Industrial Solutions at COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2015
- AccelStor Debuting All-Flash Arrays with 1M+ IOPS at Computex 2015