ASETEK ADDS LIQUID COOLING TO HP Z WORKSTATIONS
Asetek Technology Helps Improve Acoustics on Ultra Quiet Workstations from HP
SAN JOSE, CA, August 10, 2009 - Asetek, the industry leading supplier of liquid cooling systems for computers, announced today it has added its liquid cooling technology to the high performance HP Z400 and HP Z800 Workstations. These ultra quiet, liquid cooled models expand upon the low noise line of Z Workstations, noted for its breakthrough design, performance and reliability.
"Liquid cooling enables a new world of enhanced user productivity enabled by whisper quiet computing. The ultra quiet Z400 and Z800 liquid cooled models are representative of an important new trend in performance computing - improving user productivity through low noise," said Gary Baum, Senior Vice President of Marketing for Asetek. "Asetek liquid cooling is the enabling technology for achieving quiet computing and high system performance."
The HP Z400 and HP Z800 Workstations with liquid cooling are available at http://www.hp.com/go/workstations.
"HP is committed to designing breakthrough technologies into our award-winning HP Z Workstation line to deliver industry leading customer experience," said Jeff Wood, director, Worldwide Marketing, Workstations, HP. "Asetek has provided a new standard for achieving low acoustics that perform at the high levels our customers demand."
Noise is frequently associated with loud sounds; however, sounds need not be loud to be disturbing, intrusive, and bothersome. Noise is better defined as unwanted, uncontrollable or unpredictable sounds that intrude upon human activities.
Research has shown that common office noises, including computer noises, disrupt cognitive function and induce stress and fatigue. "The idea that people get used to noise is a myth," the Environmental Protection Agency has frequently reported. "Even when we think we have become accustomed to noise, biological changes still take place inside us."
An important consequence of noise relates to task performance. Office noise exposure has been shown to disrupt short term memory, interfere with mathematical computation and negatively impact the choice of strategies for carrying out tasks. The magnitude of the disruption is significant. The impact of office noise during both memory learning and recall phases reduces performance to about one-third of the level of a quiet environment.
While new to the mainstream workstation market, liquid cooling has long been a popular technology for performance enhancement in the enthusiast and gaming markets. Reliable and maintenance-free, Asetek liquid cooling systems have established themselves as the industry leading solution for commercially built PCs serving these markets.
Asetek is the world leading system thermal and acoustic management solution provider to OEMs servicing the gaming, workstation and performance PC markets. The company's liquid thermal management system delivers superior thermal and acoustic performance in a factory sealed unit that sets new standards for reliability and suitability for large volume production. Leading OEMs use Asetek's liquid cooling products in systems where end users demand exceptional performance, low noise and maximum reliability. Asetek's strong brand name products are often the favorite choice of enthusiast grade system builders having obtained more than 200 international press awards in the past decade.
Latest News Posts
- Sony making Wild Arms, Arc the Lad smartphone games
- The Last Guardian critics opinion wrap up and analysis
- Nolan confirms HBO's 'Westworld' won't return until 2018
- Oculus Touch officially available as of today
- Samsung Galaxy S8 will not include headphone jack
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand