HP Announces Easy-to-use SimpleSave Back-up Solution
WD has been licensed to manufacture and market the HP SimpleSave range of products in Asia Pacific and Japan. For any media or product enquiries, please contact WD.
Sydney Australia - August 5, 2009 - HP today announced the HP SimpleSave external hard drive series for customers needing simple and automatic backup for photos, video, music and data.
Protecting personal content with SimpleSave is as easy as plugging the drive into a USB connection, so families can feel confident that their precious memories are safe.
"With SimpleSave, once connected, backup is automatic and virtually hands-free," said Jason Zajac, vice president and general manager, Personal Systems Attach Group, HP. "As the worldwide leader in personal computing, our goal is to make technology simple and useful, ensuring no learning curve and no complicated choices to make."
The new SimpleSave hard drive family consists of two products: SimpleSave Portable, available in 320- and 500-gigabyte capacities, and SimpleSave Desktop, available in 1- and 2-terabyte capacities. Both devices feature preinstalled backup software. SimpleSave software automatically finds and backs up the data on the PC, and after the first backup, automatically updates the backup with file changes whenever the computer is idle.
A single SimpleSave drive can be used to back up all the PCs in the home, with data from each PC clearly identified by name on the drive to make finding and restoring a specific PC's data a snap.
The SimpleSave hard drives are designed with heat-dissipating cases that stay cool and run quietly without a fan. The SimpleSave Portable is powered by the PC's USB 2.0 port and does not require an external power supply. In addition, the 2.5-inch portable model is designed with a shock-resistant case to protect the drive from the bumps and jolts of everyday usage.
Other features include
Hundreds of file formats supported: Supports the most common file types for photo, music and documents including AAC, BMP, DOC, GDF, GIF, JPG, MP3, MPEG, PPT, PDF, TAX, TIFF and XLS.
Frequent backup update: Backs up new and changed files every time the PC is idle for five minutes.
Plug-and-play storage: Ready to use when connected to a USB port.
Support for large files: NTFS file system offers improved support for metadata and use of advanced data structures, improving performance, reliability and disk space.
Pricing(1) and availability
SimpleSave external hard drives will be available in August.
Manufacturers suggested list prices are:
SimpleSave Portable: 320GB, A$139; 2.5-inch hard drive, 500GB, A$199
SimpleSave Desktop: 1TB hard drive, A$179; 2TB hard drive, A$449
HP, the world's largest technology company, simplifies the technology experience for consumers and businesses with a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com/.
Latest News Posts
- AMD trademarks Kyzen, Aragon, Promethean & CoreAmp
- Oukitel announces K10000 Pro with 10,000 mAh battery
- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Mini is super-small, powerful
- Sony to launch two new Xperia flagship devices this year
- MSI has the first graphics card with a USB Type-C port
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017