HP Announces Easy-to-use SimpleSave Back-up Solution
WD has been licensed to manufacture and market the HP SimpleSave range of products in Asia Pacific and Japan. For any media or product enquiries, please contact WD.
Sydney Australia - August 5, 2009 - HP today announced the HP SimpleSave external hard drive series for customers needing simple and automatic backup for photos, video, music and data.
Protecting personal content with SimpleSave is as easy as plugging the drive into a USB connection, so families can feel confident that their precious memories are safe.
"With SimpleSave, once connected, backup is automatic and virtually hands-free," said Jason Zajac, vice president and general manager, Personal Systems Attach Group, HP. "As the worldwide leader in personal computing, our goal is to make technology simple and useful, ensuring no learning curve and no complicated choices to make."
The new SimpleSave hard drive family consists of two products: SimpleSave Portable, available in 320- and 500-gigabyte capacities, and SimpleSave Desktop, available in 1- and 2-terabyte capacities. Both devices feature preinstalled backup software. SimpleSave software automatically finds and backs up the data on the PC, and after the first backup, automatically updates the backup with file changes whenever the computer is idle.
A single SimpleSave drive can be used to back up all the PCs in the home, with data from each PC clearly identified by name on the drive to make finding and restoring a specific PC's data a snap.
The SimpleSave hard drives are designed with heat-dissipating cases that stay cool and run quietly without a fan. The SimpleSave Portable is powered by the PC's USB 2.0 port and does not require an external power supply. In addition, the 2.5-inch portable model is designed with a shock-resistant case to protect the drive from the bumps and jolts of everyday usage.
Other features include
Hundreds of file formats supported: Supports the most common file types for photo, music and documents including AAC, BMP, DOC, GDF, GIF, JPG, MP3, MPEG, PPT, PDF, TAX, TIFF and XLS.
Frequent backup update: Backs up new and changed files every time the PC is idle for five minutes.
Plug-and-play storage: Ready to use when connected to a USB port.
Support for large files: NTFS file system offers improved support for metadata and use of advanced data structures, improving performance, reliability and disk space.
Pricing(1) and availability
SimpleSave external hard drives will be available in August.
Manufacturers suggested list prices are:
SimpleSave Portable: 320GB, A$139; 2.5-inch hard drive, 500GB, A$199
SimpleSave Desktop: 1TB hard drive, A$179; 2TB hard drive, A$449
HP, the world's largest technology company, simplifies the technology experience for consumers and businesses with a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com/.
Latest News Posts
- The robot cheetah from MIT can now run and jump over objects
- Xiaomi wants to jump into the US market, but no big risks being taken
- Carbine Studios switches things up, makes Wildstar MMO free-to-play
- Lawmakers want automakers to answer questions about connected security
- Apple scrambles to release fix for widespread iMessage glitch
- Thermaltake Suppressor F51 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PC starts by turning off USB HD
- Building render system, need help!
- USB hard drive not recognized
- Thermalright True Spirit 140 BW Rev.A CPU Cooler Review
- EVGA Announces the GeForce GTX TITAN-X Hybrid
- QNAP Announces the AMD-powered TS-563 NAS
- Abyss Dark Arisen Gameplay Features Part II
- MSI to Host US$200,000 Master Gaming Arena 2015
- 3E Company Recognized as Best in SDS Management with ISHN Readers' Choice Award