A Webcam for Everyone, Every Day: Logitech Unveils Webcam Line-Up with Free, Fast, Easy Video-Calling Software
New Logitech Webcams Simplify Video Calling with Logitech Vid
SYDNEY, Australia, - JULY 30, 2009 - Following the recent announcement of Logitech® Vid - the free, fast and easy way to make a video call with your Logitech webcam - today Logitech Australia introduced five new webcams - all ready to work with Vid. Whether you want to see your grandchildren's smiling faces or just see your distant friends face-to-face, there's a Logitech webcam for you. The new webcams include the Logitech® Webcam C600, Logitech® C500, Logitech® C300, Logitech® Webcam C250 and the Logitech® Webcam C200.
"Now that Vid is changing the way people stay in touch, it's the perfect time to pick up a new Logitech webcam and make video calling a regular part of your life," said Gina Clark, general manager and vice president of Logitech's Internet Communications business unit. "Logitech is a pioneer in the development of webcams, and our latest products make it easy to see your friends and family around the world."
Logitech Webcam C600, Logitech Webcam C500
Because you delight in the details of your loved ones' lives, the Logitech Webcam C600 delivers fluid HD-quality video and 8-megapixel snapshots (software enhanced), thanks to its 2-megapixel sensor and glass lens. You can even capture HD video at up to 720p - that's TV-quality resolution. For those challenging lighting situations, Logitech RightLight 2 technology intelligently adjusts to give you the best possible images. Logitech Video Effects make it possible for you to personalise your conversations.
When you want to show your distant friends and family how you really feel, the Logitech Webcam C500 offers a glass lens and 1.3-megapixel sensor for sharper images and fluid video. Its 5-megapixel photo capture lets you take high-resolution snapshots (software enhanced). Logitech® RightLight technology automatically adjusts the image, so you look your best, even in dim light, while Logitech Video Effects allow you to personalise your conversations.
Logitech Webcam C300, Logitech Webcam C250, Logitech Webcam C200
For a rich video calling experience, the Logitech Webcam C300 gives you up to 5-megapixel photo capture (software enhanced). Additionally, Logitech® Video Effects Fun Filters let you add some fun to your video call with neon splashes, fish-eye distortions, and more.
Seeing is believing with the Logitech Webcam C250. Featuring a VGA sensor, the ability to take snapshots at up to 1.3 megapixels (software enhanced), and Logitech Video Effects Fun Filters, the Webcam C250 makes it easy to share your life as you live it.
The Logitech Webcam C200 lets you see the people you care about in lifelike colour with a VGA sensor and snapshots at up to 1.3 megapixels (software enhanced). The Logitech Webcam C200 is metallic silver.
Because making sure your loved ones can hear your voice clearly is just as important as clearly seeing your face, Logitech's newest webcams include a built-in microphone with Logitech® RightSound technology for clear, headset-free conversations without background noise.
Thanks to a universal clip, the Logitech® Webcam C600, Logitech® C500, Logitech® C300, Logitech® Webcam C250 and Logitech® Webcam C200 can attach securely to LCD monitors and notebooks.
Logitech Vid - the Free, Fast and Easy Way to Make a Video Call
Designed exclusively for video calling, Vid delivers a streamlined setup and a simple, intuitive interface. In fact, you can set up Vid in fewer than half the steps required by the major instant-messaging services.
Vid sets up automatically with your Logitech webcam. A few clicks and you're ready to go. There are no screen names. And there's no third-party software to download. When you're ready to make a video call, Vid uses your friend or family member's e-mail address to connect. Your friend simply accepts your e-mail invitation to participate in a video call on Vid, and you're both connected and ready to chat.
Vid presents a simple, intuitive interface in which every element is designed to help you make a video call. You can make a call in just a few simple steps. Each one of your contacts is represented by a thumbnail picture. You simply click the picture of the person you want to contact, and Vid starts your video call.
Vid is compatible with PC and Mac® computers, as well as stand-alone and embedded webcams. Vid is available now for download at http://www.logitech.com/Vid.
To give you even more options, all Logitech webcams also work with popular instant-messaging applications including Skype, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo!® Messenger and AIM®.
Pricing and Availability
- Logitech Webcam C600 - RRP: $129.95 AUD
- Logitech Webcam C500 - RRP: $99.95 AUD
- Logitech Webcam C300 - RRP: $89.95 AUD
- Logitech Webcam C250 - RRP: $79.95 AUD
- Logitech Webcam C200 - RRP: $59.95 AUD
- Logitech webcams are expected in Australia from August.
Logitech is a world leader in personal peripherals, driving innovation in PC navigation, Internet communications, digital music, home-entertainment control, gaming and wireless devices. Founded in 1981, Logitech International is a Swiss public company listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI).
Latest News Posts
- ESA extends ISS participation to 2024
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Titanfall 2 infographic reveal interesting information
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand