Joby Launches Gorillamobile, Ingenious Tripod with Widespread Mobile Device Compatibility and Limitless Functionality
Features include four interchangeable quick‐release adapters, flexible leg joints with rubberized grips, secure locking mechanism and travel friendly design
SAN FRANCISCO, CA ‐ July 29, 2009 - Joby, the world renowned designer of the Gorillapod line of innovative camera tripods, is pleased to announce the Gorillamobile. Representing the first product in a new product line, the Gorillamobile promises unparalleled tripod compatibility for almost all mobile devices. Featuring the critically acclaimed ball‐and‐socket tripod legs that affix to and balance on any surface, the Gorillamobile provides consumers with a universal system for mounting any portable device. Photo‐taking, video‐recording, talking and movie‐watching have never been easier!
The Gorillamobile is ideal for mobile phones, PDAs, MP3 players, portable gaming devices, GPS units, mini video cameras, pocket projectors and almost any other mobile device a consumer might want to utilize in a hands‐free manner. The Gorillamobile pack includes a custom‐engineered suction cup mounting system, two removable high‐bond adhesive clips and the traditional universal camera adapter to ensure maximum compatibility. Whether the user needs a temporary hold or prefers something more permanent, the adapters provide the solution.
"The Gorillamobile will satisfy the overwhelming demand we've had to develop a portable and delightful product for the person seeking a tripod and flexible mounting system for all his mobile devices," said Joby COO Forrest Baringer‐Jones. "The Gorillamobile truly creates endless possibilities and is sure to become a 'can't leave home without it' product."
The Gorillamobile weighs under 2 ounces, is just under 6‐inches tall and has a MSRP of $34.95. The product will ship in late summer and will be available globally.
Founded in 2005, San Francisco‐based Joby has established itself as a leader in the design, development and commercialization of innovative products for the consumer electronics market. Joby's Gorillapod product line is available in five sizes and is sold in more than 45 countries. For more information about Joby please visit joby.com.
Latest News Posts
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines