Joby Launches Gorillamobile, Ingenious Tripod with Widespread Mobile Device Compatibility and Limitless Functionality
Features include four interchangeable quick‐release adapters, flexible leg joints with rubberized grips, secure locking mechanism and travel friendly design
SAN FRANCISCO, CA ‐ July 29, 2009 - Joby, the world renowned designer of the Gorillapod line of innovative camera tripods, is pleased to announce the Gorillamobile. Representing the first product in a new product line, the Gorillamobile promises unparalleled tripod compatibility for almost all mobile devices. Featuring the critically acclaimed ball‐and‐socket tripod legs that affix to and balance on any surface, the Gorillamobile provides consumers with a universal system for mounting any portable device. Photo‐taking, video‐recording, talking and movie‐watching have never been easier!
The Gorillamobile is ideal for mobile phones, PDAs, MP3 players, portable gaming devices, GPS units, mini video cameras, pocket projectors and almost any other mobile device a consumer might want to utilize in a hands‐free manner. The Gorillamobile pack includes a custom‐engineered suction cup mounting system, two removable high‐bond adhesive clips and the traditional universal camera adapter to ensure maximum compatibility. Whether the user needs a temporary hold or prefers something more permanent, the adapters provide the solution.
"The Gorillamobile will satisfy the overwhelming demand we've had to develop a portable and delightful product for the person seeking a tripod and flexible mounting system for all his mobile devices," said Joby COO Forrest Baringer‐Jones. "The Gorillamobile truly creates endless possibilities and is sure to become a 'can't leave home without it' product."
The Gorillamobile weighs under 2 ounces, is just under 6‐inches tall and has a MSRP of $34.95. The product will ship in late summer and will be available globally.
Founded in 2005, San Francisco‐based Joby has established itself as a leader in the design, development and commercialization of innovative products for the consumer electronics market. Joby's Gorillapod product line is available in five sizes and is sold in more than 45 countries. For more information about Joby please visit joby.com.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA rumored to unveil Volta-based GeForce tomorrow
- X299 AORUS Gaming 9 teased, ready for 12C/24T CPUs
- Nintendo to produce 18 million Switch consoles this year
- GIVEAWAY: Patriot Viper V570 Mouse and V370 RGB Headset
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017