Active Media Products Introduces Penguin Bootable Linux USB Drive
Silicone Rubber Penguin USB Drive Boots into Linux on any PC and Benefits World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
Fremont, California, July 28, 2009 - Active Media Products (AMP), manufacturer of SSDs and WWF series USB drives, today announced immediate availability of a bootable Linux USB (BLU) drive that is compatible with Windows® 7 and benefits WWF. These new penguin BLU drives are preloaded with the full installation of Ubuntu Linux 9.0.4.
BLU drives allow booting into Ubuntu Linux from the USB drive regardless of what operating system is installed on the hard drive. Because the hard drive will still be fully accessible when booting from the BLU drive, it's an excellent disaster recovery solution in the event of problems with the operating system on the primary hard drive, because important data files on the hard drive can be backed up onto the BLU drive or another USB storage device.
This BLU drive is designed in the likeness of an emperor penguin with exacting detail, and is made of non-toxic silicone rubber. This drive is completely free of PVC, lead and mercury. Every purchase of a penguin drive benefits World Wildlife Fund. Under its licensing agreement with WWF AMP develops and sells a series of portable USB flash drives in the likeness of endangered species, which now includes penguin, panda and polar bear drives, and contributes five percent of the retail price of this product line to WWF.
WWF Penguin BLU drives are offered in up to 16GB capacities. Ubuntu is a community developed, Linux-based operating system that is perfect for laptops, desktops and servers. The Ubuntu operating system occupies about 700MB of the drive, so there is still plenty of usable storage space for carrying photos, music and other data.
"These bootable Linux USB drives are handy for users who need flexibility in an O/S, and will be an invaluable tool for disaster recovery and system maintenance." WWF penguin BLU drives are available today through Amazon and AVC Distributor.
About Active Media Products
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC is dedicated to developing creative new media products that improve performance and enhance the user's experience. Our products include the Obama USB drives and the World Wildlife Fund series of endangered species USB drives and a range of solid state drives.
About World Wildlife Fund
WWF is the world's leading conservation organization, working in 100 countries for nearly half a century. With the support of almost 5 million members worldwide, WWF is dedicated to delivering science-based solutions to preserve the diversity and abundance of life on Earth, halt the degradation of the environment and combat climate change. Visit http://www.worldwildlife.org to learn more.
Latest News Posts
- Nanomaterial charges phones, electric cars in SECONDS
- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 845 teased
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 lets you land on the moon
- Intel Core i9-7960X benchmarks: 16C/32T 'Skylake-X' CPU
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4