OCZ Technology Introduces the first P45 Special 8GB and 16GB memory kits optimized for high performance PCs
Sunnyvale, CA - August 6, 2008 - Addressing the never ending need for greater amounts of system memory, OCZ Technology Group, Inc., a worldwide leader in innovative ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today announced all new "P45 Special" 4GB modules, a module density optimized specifically for Intel®'s latest chipset. Available in 8GB dual channel kits and a special 16GB "quad kit," this new line of modules support the latest memory-hungry applications and games, offering superior performance gains. As an industry first, OCZ brings memory densities to the desktop segment that were reserved previously for high-end server configurations, offering a unique range of high-density kits to suit the varying requirements and budgets of everyday consumers.
"64-bit operating systems are becoming more mainstream and finally enable user memory to shed the 2GB limitation of 32-bit OS," commented Dr. Michael Schuette, VP of Technology Development at OCZ Technology. "Moreover, the latest multi-core systems are capable of simultaneous execution of highly complex workloads, each commanding its own virtual memory space. In that scenario, the only way of avoiding data collision without writing back to the hard disk is the migration towards super-high memory densities."
Ideal for workstations with 64-bit operating systems, the OCZ 8GB/16GB solutions allow users to take advantage of high density memory configurations when working with memory intensive design and multimedia applications. Graphic designers, CAD engineers, and music and video editing professionals will benefit from increased memory resources. OCZ's ultra high density solutions enable Vista users to maximize the performance, while providing large amounts of memory to facilitate smooth game play for the latest DirectX-10 games.
The P45 Special modules are available in a range of OCZ's high-performance memory series to meet the needs of enthusiasts, professionals, gamers, and system integrators with various budgets:
OCZ PC2-6400 8GB dual channel kits and 16GB Quad kits are 100% hand-tested for quality assurance and compatibility and feature high quality XTC (Xtreme Thermal Convection) heatspreaders for the most effective heat dissipation. Furthermore, each OCZ memory module is backed by the industry leading OCZ Lifetime Warranty and technical support for unparalleled peace of mind.
About OCZ Technology
OCZ Technology Group, a member of JEDEC, designs, develops and manufactures ground-breaking, high performance memory and computer components that set industry standards. OCZ products are the first choice for users needing high-reliability, ultra-high performance solutions. In 2007, PC Power & Cooling and Hypersonic PC were brought into the OCZ Technology Group, forming a well-rounded, highly innovative organization that places the company at the forefront of high-end computing. All of OCZ Technology Group's products are available through its worldwide network of distributors, online resellers and retail stores. For more information visit our website at http://www.ocztechnology.com.
Latest News Posts
- id Software: The new DOOM will not take itself too seriously
- Intel's Brian Krzanich announces change of a few management positions
- 'Happy Forest' is yet another great example of Unreal Engine 4
- Turtle Beach opens pre-orders for a wireless headset called the 420X
- Mad Catz faces possible closure due to financial struggles
- your Other built or out. nation much sleeping out bag,
- Gaming Sponsorship - Part 2: Live events are key to success
- orange jack not working with 5.1 sound
- The top four things North Korea has achieved in the past 18 months
- Accell Home or Away USB Surge Protector Review
- AMD and Dell Support Bioinformatics Studies at University of Warsaw in Poland
- IBM, NVIDIA and Mellanox Launch Design Center for Big Data and HPC
- Synology Announces RS18016xs+ and RX1216sas NAS Servers
- Giada Announces the P211 OPS-compliant Mini PC
- Intel Announces Leadership Changes