OCZ Technology Introduces the first P45 Special 8GB and 16GB memory kits optimized for high performance PCs
Sunnyvale, CA - August 6, 2008 - Addressing the never ending need for greater amounts of system memory, OCZ Technology Group, Inc., a worldwide leader in innovative ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today announced all new "P45 Special" 4GB modules, a module density optimized specifically for Intel®'s latest chipset. Available in 8GB dual channel kits and a special 16GB "quad kit," this new line of modules support the latest memory-hungry applications and games, offering superior performance gains. As an industry first, OCZ brings memory densities to the desktop segment that were reserved previously for high-end server configurations, offering a unique range of high-density kits to suit the varying requirements and budgets of everyday consumers.
"64-bit operating systems are becoming more mainstream and finally enable user memory to shed the 2GB limitation of 32-bit OS," commented Dr. Michael Schuette, VP of Technology Development at OCZ Technology. "Moreover, the latest multi-core systems are capable of simultaneous execution of highly complex workloads, each commanding its own virtual memory space. In that scenario, the only way of avoiding data collision without writing back to the hard disk is the migration towards super-high memory densities."
Ideal for workstations with 64-bit operating systems, the OCZ 8GB/16GB solutions allow users to take advantage of high density memory configurations when working with memory intensive design and multimedia applications. Graphic designers, CAD engineers, and music and video editing professionals will benefit from increased memory resources. OCZ's ultra high density solutions enable Vista users to maximize the performance, while providing large amounts of memory to facilitate smooth game play for the latest DirectX-10 games.
The P45 Special modules are available in a range of OCZ's high-performance memory series to meet the needs of enthusiasts, professionals, gamers, and system integrators with various budgets:
OCZ PC2-6400 8GB dual channel kits and 16GB Quad kits are 100% hand-tested for quality assurance and compatibility and feature high quality XTC (Xtreme Thermal Convection) heatspreaders for the most effective heat dissipation. Furthermore, each OCZ memory module is backed by the industry leading OCZ Lifetime Warranty and technical support for unparalleled peace of mind.
About OCZ Technology
OCZ Technology Group, a member of JEDEC, designs, develops and manufactures ground-breaking, high performance memory and computer components that set industry standards. OCZ products are the first choice for users needing high-reliability, ultra-high performance solutions. In 2007, PC Power & Cooling and Hypersonic PC were brought into the OCZ Technology Group, forming a well-rounded, highly innovative organization that places the company at the forefront of high-end computing. All of OCZ Technology Group's products are available through its worldwide network of distributors, online resellers and retail stores. For more information visit our website at http://www.ocztechnology.com.
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i9-7980XE pre-orders begins, priced at $1999
- ASUS tease ROG Strix RX Vega 56 OC Edition graphics card
- Intel Core i3-8350K perf: competes with Core i7-7700K
- Galaxy Note8 will be $425 cheaper if you had the Note7
- Skyrim is awkward to play on PSVR
- Lenovo Legion Y720 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience